Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Paradox and Obsidian to announce something evil on March 15th

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Why would anyone bitch about Paradox ? How many pc-focused publishers still exist today ? Why do you hate Jesus ?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
It's a good partnership, Obsidian can't really survive in the AAA space and Paradox is a publisher with a lot of money and a tendency to stay within the niche areas. (While still somehow making a lot of money.)

Yeah I wonder how. I'm going to go play CK2 enhanced with $300 in DLC now.

Also:

Final Score: Sensible
Your capacity for evil is minimal, and you seem like a rational, reasonable sort. That’s good! As long as it doesn’t get you killed...

Last edited:
Why would anyone bitch about Paradox ?
Their absolutely deplorable DLC policy where they fuck up the previously perfectly playable game you paid good money for with a "free update" introducing features you can't control in anyway without purchasing yet another fucking DLC.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Also they have turned SJW/multiculturalist leftists after building a player base of reactionary European whites like me (I have probably spent $1,000 in their games). Basically treason.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It should be project vermont, right?

Unless it's something we didn't have any information before this.

Aenra

Quite frankly, i could not give a fuck until i get something concrete. Hype and Obsidian no longer mix in my book..

Final Score: Unique Snowflake of Isolation
You hate Americans, wannabe Americans, Arabs, Muslims, Northern European closet lords too weak to smell the coffee on their door, SJWs, Liberals, Idiots, Uneducated Plebs and Children. You thought Herod was cool, but then you read about Hitler.

Last edited by a moderator:

nil

Cipher
Paradox, impressed by the initial launch of Pillars of Eternity, hired Obsidian to exclusively handle QA for all future Paradox titles.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Paradox, impressed by the initial launch of Pillars of Eternity, hired Obsidian to exclusively handle QA for all future Paradox titles.

What was wrong with the initial launch of Pillars of Eternity? I had literally zero bugs

Hegel

Arcane
Slowdowns, CTDs, bugged and corrupted savegames, broken quests, bugged stats, bloated loading times.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the two major bugs PoE had on launch was some Raedric's Hold crash and the thing where your stats got fucked up if you double-clicked to equip/unequip. Both of them were not noticed by game journalists, happily for Obsidian.

Hegel

Arcane
According to the sawyerist school of design, savegames are not fun.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I think the two major bugs PoE had on launch was some Raedric's Hold crash and the thing where your stats got fucked up if you double-clicked to equip/unequip.
And barbarian carnage talent adding 20 flat damage instead of 20%. They took their sweet time to fix that one.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think the two major bugs PoE had on launch was some Raedric's Hold crash and the thing where your stats got fucked up if you double-clicked to equip/unequip. Both of them were not noticed by game journalists, happily for Obsidian.

They were bugs added in the day one patch, at least the one that fucked your stats

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the two major bugs PoE had on launch was some Raedric's Hold crash and the thing where your stats got fucked up if you double-clicked to equip/unequip.
And barbarian carnage talent adding 20 flat damage instead of 20%. They took their sweet time to fix that one.

Wouldn't call that "major" as it doesn't stop or ruin your game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Couldn't this be that re-purposed XBox One exclusive they previously mentioned to be working on again? I mean, WoD game would be nice too.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Wouldn't call that "major" as it doesn't stop or ruin your game.
It is p. major, trivializes every battle in the game. Without an early save from before level up to run to, your only option was starting over. Many people who got triple crown solo first just abused that bug with retaliation armors.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Couldn't this be that re-purposed XBox One exclusive they previously mentioned to be working on again? I mean, WoD game would be nice too.

It's not impossible. That project has been around since the beginning of 2014, and Obsidian first announced their partnership with Paradox just a couple of months later. On the other hand, "repurposed XBox One exclusive" sounds like some kind of big budgetish thing, not the kind of game I thought Paradox was in to back in 2014.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's probably too early to announce PoE Gold, might it be PoE 2 Fig hype?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom