Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paizo Publishing sends 'heart warming' response to transgender fan

Yg Masin

Novice
Classy. I hate games without a diplomatic option.

Yg Masin

Novice
Something of this attitude speaks to the phenomenon of intense solidarity found in various social enclaves.... It's always been interesting to me just how tribal virtual cultures are. There is a constant paranoia of homogeneity from a lot of fronts. The more or less sci-fi idea that technology / globalisation etc. will turn us all into mindless copies... This has truth, but it turns out, only on localized scales (virtually local...). Has been called the echo chamber effect, I suppose. Virtual tribes, decentralized, anonymized, viciously defensive of their virtual ilk, at least symbolically. Putting the specifics of people's various bigotries aside, I wonder, honestly, in an abstract sense, what will come of all of this? Is cross-talk between enclaves even possible? Which direction is this going? People are getting lonlier in the physical world, and more intense in virtual space. "Meatspace" becomes... perhaps less violent, slowly, slowly, slowly... will the short-sightedness and "violence" of the virtual space be alleviated? Does anyone actually want this?

Absinthe

Arcane
Yg Masin, I will take pity on your poor ass and clue you in what you're doing wrong. First, don't spam. Post once, don't fucking make
Three.
Posts.
In a row.

Now, the reason why you're not being taken seriously is because your tryhard pseudo-intellectualism and insecurity-fueled verbosity is painfully transparent and pathetic. And because your armchair philosophizing about paranoid tribalist enclaves (Fucking seriously? You stupid fuck.) shows what a hypocritical twit you are right after your little speech about the need for "basic acceptance, humility, empathy." Hell, even in that post you were being a hypocrite with your ludicrous assertions about disagreement being rooted in fragile egos, fear of the world ending, etc. You were being a right little condescending shit. And that wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the two-faced way you go about it - your inability to take your own advice about humility and empathy. Also, you make pathetic attempts to show how "in" you are by shoehorning shitty off-base references. All of this makes us pretty fucking disinclined to take you seriously.

Now to answer your question why we don't "play nice" in so many words: It's because we like saying what's on our minds, we like hearing others say what they think of us to our face, stupidity deserves no respect, criticism will make you stronger, and if you're the kind of emotionally fragile person who needs to be mollycoddled, then that is your developmental failure as a human being, not society's failure for not catering to your whims.

Now talk like a normal fucking human being and say what's actually on your mind if you want any hope of being taken seriously.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Last edited:

Yg Masin

Novice
Hey I'm glad I at least got a few people's attentions. Honestly wasn't expecting that much. Believe it or not, I was trying to be as honest as I could be, albeit trying probably a bit too hard.

I am trying to address the blatant transphobia present in this thread, that seems to me to be feuled by insecurity (right back atcha) and groupthink bullshit. Why are so many dudes in gamer culture such hateful little shits?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey I'm glad I at least got a few people's attentions. Honestly wasn't expecting that much. Believe it or not, I was trying to be as honest as I could be, albeit trying probably a bit too hard.

I am trying to address the blatant transphobia present in this thread, that seems to me to be feuled by insecurity (right back atcha) and groupthink bullshit. Why are so many dudes in gamer culture such hateful little shits?

You don't know the Codex very well do you...... :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

deuxhero

Arcane

Yg Masin

Novice
I would take your claim of some kind of gamer compassion about the horrors of sexual reassignment surgury a bit more seriously if there were .... any indication of that at all, rather than the foaming hatred I have seen.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dear Sir/Madame or whatthefuckever Yg Masin

Come back to the codex in exactly one year, and your eyes shall be finally opened to the amazing wonders of the codex. Especially trannies.

Yg Masin

Novice
So am I supposed to be banned right now? I'll just pretend I am. Happy there were "brofists" exchanged at least. If anybody needs me I'll be trying to teach compassion to the white supremacists holed up in the Chutes and Ladders chat room.

Anselmus

Arcane

Most humans make absolute decisions, coming firmly down on end or the other of an issue which is truly more likely solved with probabilistic/statistical reasoning. It has obvious evolutionary advantages for an individual or a culture to come down hard and fast in all sorts of situations. People hate what is different from them because that is what has worked best up until this point. If you believe that you can succeed or even excel with whatever reasoning you feel is objectively better, start outbreeding the hateful and do what you can to ensure your descendents do, too. Otherwise, what you represent will simply fade from this world while the hateful little shits continue to fill it with 'wrongness'.

I somehow don't see the progressive tribe taking up this rallying cry anytime soon, and though transgenderism is but a mere symptom of a far more general decadence and excess, this self-defeating, flabby, weak culture is what the 'hateful shits' in this thread are disgusted with and not necessarily this individual. As Jaesun alludes to, there have been a couple pretty well-liked transgendered people posting here over the years.

As for your assertion that this hate is more prevalent in the set of gamers than any other random sampling of people, prove it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Dear Sir/Madame or whatthefuckever Yg Masin

Come back to the codex in exactly one year, and your eyes shall be finally opened to the amazing wonders of the codex. Especially trannies.

Stop being such a cishet, Jaesun :P

Same goes for Jasede

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom