Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Painkiller: Resurrection

Antagonist

Liturgist
thesheeep said:
What did you expect? Doom 4?

Something along the line of UT 2004 bot match with a more cohesive setting and some kind of progress when playing. I don't require refined gameplay all the the time, visceral and fast-paced stuff can be fun as well for some time. But Painkiller was painfully (hurr durr) lacking in the department it focused on: the action. I don't know how anybody can derive joy from shooting enemies which are only marginally more intelligent than the cardboard figures on a shooting range in a drab environment.

Why did I buy this? As evidenced by my registration date I've been reading this site for an unhealthy long time (even before I registered to spam the forum with my mod recommendations). So I sometimes cling to the mistaken notion that the Codex is still a hub of fine taste when it comes to gaming. Shoot me, Codex actually introduced me to some of my most liked games. Old geezers like me sometimes have problems differentiating between past and present. :( I blame the Internet.

Anyway, carry on.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Luzur said:
while the game bored me after the 115th wave of ninjas that pole shooting gun was fun.

Yeah, it DOES get boring after some time. Happens when the gameplay is not deep by any means.
I was able to finish the original game, but I quit the addon (Battle out Of Hell) halfway through.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
BooH is a bit of a mixed bag, with some of the best and worst levels in the game. You can see that trend in the two new weapons it adds: one is pretty cool and the other rather bland.

Anyway PK isn't exactly the kind of game you will play for hours and hours but it's very fun for small sessions, and the ability to pick any level you want when you completed it helps in this regard.

Gerrard

Arcane
So yeah, the demo is out.
The map is big. I got stuck in some holes between boards in the floor twice. Exploding kamikaze enemies spawn on top of your head. Overall it seems very unpolished, and I don't know how can it be "Work in progress" if the release date is just around the corner.
At least loading a quick save or checkpoint only takes 2 seconds instead of 2 minutes.

The demo is still better than the Overdose demo though. Not that it says much.

Oh yeah, and there's this

Yup, demo sucks. First game's demo was great, I was sold on it as soon as I played it, but this one... jeez. Also the framerate drops, they don't make any sense considering graphics haven't changed a bit and the first game runs on my machine at like 300+ FPS. I hope "work in progress" means there will somehow be loads of progress otherwise this game won't even be worth downloading, let alone buying.

DefJam101

Arcane
So have they given any explanation as to why they changed absolutely nothing? Or are there some new weapons and gameplay/level design changes I haven't seen?

Gerrard

Arcane
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board. ... did=103488
"We are very happy about the feedback concerning the demo but we are also sorry because we accidently released an old demo version. We really feel sorry for that. Next week we will release a demo version in the actual quality of the final game. So stay tuned and sorry for the inconvenience."
riso4ielt5.gif

I wonder why it's going to take them a week to release the "correct demo".
Something tells me that will be a 168 hour week for someone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom