Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Overlord II

Secretninja

Cipher
Went home last weekend and saw my little brother playing this. Borrowed it from him, and its pretty enjoyable. Dumbed down, "adult" version of Pikmen. Anyone else try it out?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I played the first one, and "dumbed down version of pikmen" is about right. Won't even bother with the sequel.

Secretninja

Cipher
I missed the first, and wouldn't have bothered with 2 if my brother hadn't already bought it and I could play for free. It is pretty "good for what it is." Played up to the final battle, and so far I have had a strange connection with my minions. For some reason, I don't want the badass ones I have had since teh beginning and have accumulated a variety of weapons to die.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
I bought part one for PC as budget and it was pretty much what I expected, some mindless 3d-action-fun with nice textures and console feeling. Worth 10 Euros, like two or three bottles of really cheap but drinkable wine. Also some humor/funny minions, ok, who doesn't like to laugh after 2l of wine.
Tested Overlord 2 to see if there is more.. nope. Looks nice for a moment and gets boring fast. Boring or tedious, depending on your goal (100% or just getting to the end).
The "get online to compare your generic achievements to those of other lost souls" vibe smelled bad. Stupid idea.
Being able to build/expand the lair in a more custom way would have helped, maybe. Funny minions (some comments made me chuckle), straining gameplay, meh. There are better ways to waste your time.

Secretninja

Cipher
There are also worse ways. It is probably my current mental state, but I just wanted to give this game some notice on my favorit internet site some good for what it is credibilty.

And no, I don't give a fuck if ther was a thread about this already

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Who here would, at least if this thread contains info about the game or pics of naked horses without pants?

Didn't want to dis "your game". Please care to give some feedback when you are about 30-60% in the game please, as much as it displeased me while playing I'm curious to read other impressions, or stuff about patches and so on.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I really wanted to like the game. It's cute. It's mildly funny, although Rhianna Pratchett tries too fucking hard to be her daddy, but the gameplay is abominable at least on the PC. Ugh, controlling minions.

Multi-headed Cow

Oh, Jesus. I didn't know she did the story on these. She did the story for Mirror's Edge too, fuck. FUCK.

I liked Mirror's Edge's story, it was just right for such a fast paced game. But, honestly, the setting is always more important than the story.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I got both (including the first's expansion) on Steam for $8. Yep, the game play is pretty atrocious but the humor is nice and I got about 40+ hours of fun out of the first -- still haven't gotten around to the second yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom