Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline OSR Games - Official thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/843284272/barrowmaze-dwarrowdeep-osr-and-5e/posts/3510328
If you enjoy an adventure steeped in the history and lore of the game, medieval fantasy, dwarves, and Anglo-Saxon history - and devoid of woke nonsense - this will be right up your alley.
Kickstarter, devoid of woke nonsense? How was this guy not banned by those faggots yet?
They probably blocked him so they don't have to interact with him or summat.

Sacibengala

Prophet
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/843284272/barrowmaze-dwarrowdeep-osr-and-5e/posts/3510328
If you enjoy an adventure steeped in the history and lore of the game, medieval fantasy, dwarves, and Anglo-Saxon history - and devoid of woke nonsense - this will be right up your alley.
Kickstarter, devoid of woke nonsense? How was this guy not banned by those faggots yet?
He is pretty disliked on reddit these days, like most normal people are.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Right now, itch.io is growing up as an alternative, although it is mostly used by woke creators, so there might be a catch there I am not seeing.
Leaf Corcoran the creator/owner of Itch.io literally had a hissy fit on Twitter after Steam declared itself an open publishing platform because it would allow "toxic people" to make games.

See this Article:
https://web.archive.org/web/2022052...-new-hands-off-curation-policy-is-ridiculous/
Itch Owner on Twitter said:
A platform that allows "everything, unless it's illegal or straight up trolling" is ridiculous. Please keep your malicious, derogatory, discriminatory, bullying, harassing, demeaning content off
@itchio
. Our ban buttons are ready.

It's sad that most of the people in that thread are worried about asset flips. What about the fact that valve is effectively authorizing toxic people to exist on their platform? It's so out of touch

I would be skeptical of relying on this platform as any kind of bulwark for old school artistic freedom...

Bara

Arcane
I wouldn't say the Barrowmaze guy is really disliked on reddit it's just a few idiots that show up that want to drag him into the mud while the rest just talk about the topic.

Anyhow looks like Zine Quest 4 is happening.

Still doing it this year same time as gencon but they're promising to go back to February in 2023 and onward.

More material for Melan's Zinemassacre reviews I suppose. :D

Sacibengala

Prophet
I wouldn't say the Barrowmaze guy is really disliked on reddit it's just a few idiots that show up that want to drag him into the mud while the rest just talk about the topic.
It’s always like that. Until the normal people get bored and stop discussing and the relentless mob wins.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Press an "F" for Goblinoid Games, purveyors of Labyrinth Lord and Mutant Future:

hvq4xbflinc91.jpg

Bara

Arcane
I kept thinking about picking up Labyrinth Lord but never did because it's hard to justify with the other retro clones out there.

I got OSE for my B/X clone and OSE has their own advanced companion now. Even got my hands on the B/X Omnibus.
If I want to run something with a higher level 14 cap built in I have Swords and Wizardry to use.

Labyrinth Lord though important and one of the original clones out there feels like it just fell to the wayside as time went on sadly.
Even now I can't self justify making the purchase of the rules even in the name of preservation as I don't think I'm ever going to use Labyrinth Lord.

But luckily they still have the free no-art versions of the rule books for both Mutant Future and Labyrinth Lord so if anyone wants a copy of the rules to keep around their available on drive thru rpg still.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be honest, all these B/X-based systems are mostly interchangeable, and play identically at the table, so whether it is Labyrinth Lord, OSE, Basic Fantasy RPG, Swords&Wizardry or one of the smaller games like Blueholme, you are getting the same experience with slightly different flourishes. The differences start with non-clone systems like Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea and Seven Voyages of Zylarthen.

The real, underappreciated loss here is Mutant Future, which has no direct replacement, and which is pretty much perfect for a light post-apoc game. We have the Vaults of Vaarn, but that's a really different thing.

Bara

Arcane
The real, underappreciated loss here is Mutant Future, which has no direct replacement, and which is pretty much perfect for a light post-apoc game. We have the Vaults of Vaarn, but that's a really different thing.

I'm glad you said that because now I decided to take a deeper look at Mutant Future and your right this is pretty good stuff.

This is probably going to be my go too for post-apoc games now as mutant crawl classics just did not gel with me at all.

Last edited:

Bara

Arcane
Well got my copies of Hyperborea 3E and the print quality of the books turned out really well. If you were ever interested in a print copy and don't already have second printing books definitely recommend once their available for order.

Also got Gabor's Echoes from Fomalhaut zines (which need no recommendation) on my door step about the same time. Today is a good day.

Fatty

Augur
where do I redeem these books? I'm tempted but I already own almost all of the OSE books on this list.
I purchased the PDF only ($25) and its downloadable from the Humble website as a list of PDF and ZIP files. They are not keys for another website like DTRPG, if that is what you are asking. If I were smart enough to attach a screenshot, I would.

Rappan Athuk alone goes for $35-40 and has been on my wish list for awhile, along with at least 2 other books in this deal (Stoneheart Valley and Highfell) so this was a no brainer.

Edit: The filename of Rappan Athuk is rappanathuk_5e.pdf but it is in fact the Swords and Wizardry version. 4/5 troll attempt by Humble :4/5:

Last edited:
Ah fuck, is this why Raggi had to release that naked video criticizing OBS' new censorship policy?
Raggi has published or at least enabled the publishing of some of my favourite OSR books but he's a complete fucking Jobsworth and autist with questionable taste in the company he keeps and a strange desire to openly broadcast and revel in his own retarded autism. No one normal wants to do a 40 minute rant whilst naked and put it on You Tube.

The man needs psychiatric help.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Edit: The filename of Rappan Athuk is rappanathuk_5e.pdf but it is in fact the Swords and Wizardry version. 4/5 troll attempt by Humble :4/5:
I would be really pissed if it was 5e, to be honest. Good quality trolling, nonetheless.

SoupNazi

Ah fuck, is this why Raggi had to release that naked video criticizing OBS' new censorship policy?
Raggi has published or at least enabled the publishing of some of my favourite OSR books but he's a complete fucking Jobsworth and autist with questionable taste in the company he keeps and a strange desire to openly broadcast and revel in his own retarded autism. No one normal wants to do a 40 minute rant whilst naked and put it on You Tube.

Oh, are you in the "Zak Smith is an evil rapist" camp?

Sacibengala

Prophet
I'll just leave this here... https://twitter.com/ENnies/status/1555739788325621760?s=20&t=Vw-lhiMZYM-1lWiAzyRN9g

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/whjhhn/ennie_awards_2022_winners/

ENnie Awards 2022 Winners​

Product of the Year
Silver goes to: Call of Cthulhu Classic Prop Set
Gold goes to: Thirsty Sword Lesbians
Best Game
Silver goes to: Root: The RPG
Gold goes to: Thirsty Sword Lesbians
Best Adventure
Silver goes to: The Troubleshooters: The U-Boat Mystery
Gold goes to: Uncaged Goddesses
Fan Favorite Publisher
Goes to: Darrington Press
Best Writing
Silver goes to: Fateforge Tetralogy Box Set 5E
Gold goes to: Dune: Adventures in the Imperium
Best Supplement
Silver goes to: Root the RPG: Travellers and Outsiders
Gold goes to: Call of Cthulhu: Cults of Cthulhu
Best Rules
Silver goes to: Haunted West
Gold goes to: Colostle: A Solo RPG Adventure
Best Setting
Silver goes to: Jiangshi: Blood in the Banquet Hall
Gold goes to: Tal Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn
Best Family Game
Silver goes to: Questlings: RPG
Gold goes to: Wanderhome
Best RPG Related Product
Silver goes to: KULT: Labyrinths & Secret Chambers
Gold goes to: Shadows of Esteren: Adeliane CD
Best Layout & Design
Silver goes to: Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20: Gamemaster’s Guide
Gold goes to: Delta Green: Impossible Landscapes
Best Free Product
Silver goes to: Auld Sanguine: A Vampire: The Masquerade New Year’s Eve Story
Gold goes to: 2021 Level 1 Anthology
Best Monster
Silver goes to: Home Field Advantage
Gold goes to: Nightfell Bestiary
Best Organized Play
Silver goes to: Two Hearts Apart
Gold goes to: I Find that Familiar
Best Art, Interior
Silver goes to: Wanderhome
Gold goes to: The One Ring Second Edition
Best Art, Cover
Silver goes to: Uncaged Goddesses
Gold goes to: Wanderhome
Best Production Values
Silver goes to: Bardsung Legends of the Ancient Forge
Gold goes to: Call of Cthulhu Classic Prop Set
Best Aid/Accessory - Non-Digital
Silver goes to: Fate Accessibility Toolkit
Gold goes to: Call of Cthulhu Classic Props Set
Best Aid/Accessory - Digital
Silver goes to: Call of Cthulhu: Game Props Masks of Nyarlathotep
Gold goes to: MÖRK BORG Digital Monster Generator
Best Ebook
Silver goes to: One Night Strahd
Gold goes to: Lazy DM's Companion
Best Podcast
Silver goes to: Role to Cast
Gold goes to: Ain't Slayed Nobody
Best Cartography
Silver goes to: KULTS Labyrinths and Secret Chambers
Gold goes to: Czepeky Maps Collection
Best Online Content
Silver goes to: Sly Flourish
Gold goes to: RPG Botnet
Congrats to all winners and nominees!

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Thirsty Sword Lesbians isn't even a top seller on DTRPG. It's in the platinum category, which is two below the top. It's nowhere to be found in the top 100. There are games released near the same time e.g., Worlds Without Number(#17 best seller) that are electrum.
Gee, I wonder for what possible reasons it could be winning all those awards...
348096.jpg

really uh, really gets ya thinkin

Oh, are you in the "Zak Smith is an evil rapist" camp?
No, I'm in the "Zak Smith is a sanctamonious hypocrite with no self awareness" camp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom