Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Oscuro’s Obsidian Overhaul

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
HALT!HALT!HALT!
Would you rather princess_stomper come up to you shouting STOP YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW

Also, image didn't load, so maybe I missed a subtle layer of the joke.

exe

Augur
ChristofferC said:
Jon Shafer went from being a Civ3 modder to being the lead designer of Civ5 over the course of a few years.

That worked out well :M

DraQ

Arcane
Sceptic said:
DraQ said:
HALT!HALT!HALT!
Would you rather princess_stomper come up to you shouting STOP YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW

Also, image didn't load, so maybe I missed a subtle layer of the joke.
Apparently I can't into hotlinking with updated firefox (my tried method of ensuring that they work FAILED me!!1).

Anyway, should be in the top results:

http://www.google.pl/images?q=speed+lim ... y+aircraft

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
ksjav said:
commie said:
Yeah I just realised. :oops: Should have known that Bethesda would be far too arrogant to hire someone that dared to try and 'improve' their 'masterpiece'.

Actually, they did hire the guy who did 'Morrowind Enhanced' to work on oblivion's combat.

Seems that they hired the wrong guy, or more likely his input was overruled time and again.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
DraQ said:
:what:

If I was driving and suddenly a helicopter appeared before me, there are good chances I'd crash a second later.

Where the hell is this? what police force has so much money to burn?

Judging by the surroundings, must be one of these places where you'd crash if you stopped paying attention to the road for a milisecond, anyway

32.jpg

relootz

Scholar
I played this guy's mod and it's excellent. As said before in the thread, it adjust the enemies to fixed levels which makes roaming the world very pleasant. It also includes fractions of creatures with good loot and a decent quest (in the line of kill them all). I especially liked the unique super opponents which each fraction has.

Truly a great mod for people who enjoy roaming open worlds.

StrangeCase

Educated
Sceptic said:
DraQ said:
:what:

If I was driving and suddenly a helicopter appeared before me, there are good chances I'd crash a second later.

Where the hell is this? what police force has so much money to burn?

I'm guessing it's a Photoshop. No sane helicopter pilot would hover at that altitude in that kind of terrain. I'm also not an expert on helicopters, but its profile and sensor array above the rotors suggests a military, rather than a police, model.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
StrangeCase said:
I'm guessing it's a Photoshop.
Yeah I guessed that. I thought the sign was genuine, however. In that case it's still a stupendous waste of money.

Now that I think... princess_stomper jumping off the helicopter shouting HALT!HALT!HALT! would make a good horror movie.

DARTH VADER

Novice
commie said:
Jim Cojones said:
commie said:
Didn't know that the OOO guy got hired, maybe Beth's next game won't be as shit out of the box regarding the exploration part of the world at least?
He's working for Obsidian, not Bethesda.

Yeah I just realised. :oops: Should have known that Bethesda would be far too arrogant to hire someone that dared to try and 'improve' their 'masterpiece'.

I can see why the world in NV is more sensible though. Of course he's one of many but still...

Blackadder said:
I could have sworn that the Darthmod fellow was rejected, upon which he had a big rant and left the modding scene. Mind you, I haven't really been into the TW series since the release of Medieval 2 and it's addon, after which upon hearing of how bad the Napoleonic total war games were, the addition of forced Steam-like client, and the dearth of any real news of future improvements, I lost interest.

Did he eventually get given a job at CA?

Yes I remember Darth's rant when CA told him to piss off before Empire was released. I read on the TW forums that he was eventually hired after the shitstorm about the diabolical Empire AI. I think he did a few things for Napoleon, but is fully integrated into the Shogun II AI development from the start.

Hello to all.
I am the creator of DarthMod Empire
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=1698
I registered just to clarify this.

I have never been hired from CA. I have only given/received some help during my early modding efforts of Empire: Total War, through email messages.

Thank you for caring. :salute:

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hello Darth Vader. Thanks for clearing that up.

now, stay a while and listen!

DARTH VADER

Novice
What there is to listen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom