Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open Call for Reviews

Ninjerk

Arcane
I can help with the editorial side of the English version if you would like (grammar, spelling, style).

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
All the Gold Box games are taken.
:negative:

I can assist with proof reading. It'd take me back to those happy days I spent kicking sand in fanfic writer's faces over comma splices on The Black Library forum. And, if no one else wants it, I can review SpellForce, although the Shadow of the Phoenix expansion is closer to a conventional RPG than the original The Order of Dawn campaign.

Want to take Pool of Radiance from me? It will let me focus on Ultima 4 and maybe some other old game.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Want to take Pool of Radiance from me? It will let me focus on Ultima 4 and maybe some other old game.
Sharing is caring. :hug:

Oh hey, Revenant is on this list. I just replayed that recently. I can review that.
Great. :)

felipepepe, I'd like to do Morrowind and/or Might and Magic VI. :)
Take Might & magic VI for the time being, I'm trying to get the Super BunnyHop guy on Morrowind.

I'm interested in helping out, but what's the overall tone of the book? Like, you could have five different people do one game and end up with positives, negatives, and somebody who is lukewarm.
This is the overall tone:

pox-rainbowpuke.gif

I hope I'm clear.

But seriously, I want can fit only one review per game. So I want it to be a very positive one. I want reviews that show why these games are special, what they do right, and motivate you to try it NOW.

More than anything, this is a book to help RPG players find cool new stuff to play.

I can assist with proof reading. It'd take me back to those happy days I spent kicking sand in fanfic writer's faces over comma splices on The Black Library forum. And, if no one else wants it, I can review SpellForce, although the Shadow of the Phoenix expansion is closer to a conventional RPG than the original The Order of Dawn campaign.
I never played those games, so I have no idea what you're talking about. +M

Did you play the sequel as well? I've heard people saying that it's the better game, so it might be interesting to review it instead... I really don't know enough to make this decision.

Ninjerk

Arcane
But seriously, I want can fit only one review per game, and I want it to be a very positive one. I want reviews that show why these games are special, what they do right, and motivate you to try it NOW.
Who do you associate with that would give more than a lukewarm review for some of the *ahem* controversial titles? Not for politburo purposes, of course.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Who do you associate with that would give more than a lukewarm review for some of the *ahem* controversial titles? Not for politburo purposes, of course.
Apparently no one, since most of the "controversial" ones are untaken. :lol:

I had asked Rowan Kaiser to write on Mass Effect, but said he doesn't have the time to do it, at least not without $. I was thinking of doing it myself, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to have the editor of the book writing on one of the most visible titles... I actually think it's a good game, just not for the RPG elements.

karfhud

Augur
Love the idea.

I'd really like to help out - I can review IWD (replayed it recently, along with HOW) or Banner Saga (would need a replay, but it's fairly short and I really digged its narration). For some reason I still see New Vegas available and I'm tempted to jump on that bus, but this one would need a replay for sure and since it's many, many hours (along with the DLCs), I'm not sure I'd make it within a month. Need to think on that.

I think I also know a perfect person to write a review of ME3 - as long as it's still up for grabs.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'd really like to help out - I can review IWD (replayed it recently, along with HOW) or Banner Saga (would need a replay, but it's fairly short and I really digged its narration).
Cool, be my guest to do IWD. :)

For some reason I still see New Vegas available and I'm tempted to jump on that bus, but this one would need a replay for sure and since it's many, many hours (along with the DLCs), I'm not sure I'd make it within a month. Need to think on that.
I'm trying to see if SuperBunnyHop will write on New Vegas and Morrowind, so wait a bit. ;)

I think I also know a perfect person to write a review of ME3 - as long as it's still up for grabs.
Point me the way, and I shall spam him. :3

Yeah! I'll be able to drone on about the five minute loading times from my Commodore 1541 drive while reminiscing about plaster cast model dungeon walls and the now neglected role of miniatures in tabletop RPGs like the senile old fart '80s gamer I am.
:dance:

Did you play the sequel as well? I've heard people saying that it's the better game, so it might be interesting to review it instead... I really don't know enough to make this decision.
The sequel is arguably more polished, and its skill-tree based character development system is superior, but it cuts the number of playable factions in half and replaces the wide variety of fixed-level rune warrior companions with a handful of fully customisable heroes. On balance, I prefer the first game because it always manages to pull a new trick out of its sleeve -- new playable factions, new rune warriors, changing the gameplay focus from map to map -- to prevent the action becoming stale.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Hey I'm about to begin replaying the DoW 2 games and I'm wondering what difficulty you want them played/reviewed on? I'm not sure if you want this book for the hardcore fan or for the everyman. If you don't have a problem with it I'll just replay them on normal but I could go for the next difficulty if you want.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I think all games should be reviewed on normal. That's the... ahn... normal setting, after all. On most review I wouldn't even mention difficulty settings, unless is something that stands out, like "normal mode is too easy, I recommend starting on Hard", or "Expert mode will provide a challenge even to the best players".

V_K

Arcane
I wonder what's the reasoning behind choosing to do a review of Dark Disciples 1 with a mention of its sequel and not the other way around - cliched plot notwithstanding, the second one is a much better game.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder what's the reasoning behind choosing to do a review of Dark Disciples 1 with a mention of its sequel and not the other way around - cliched plot notwithstanding, the second one is a much better game.
Oh, I'm just listing them for me to have a reference, I usually ask the reviewer how he prefer to approach, like one page to each game, reviewing 1 and mentioning 2, or vice versa. Like I just did with muds a couple of posts above.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I have no idea of my timeframes, I'll just keep going until I have them all.

I just hope I can release the book until September, so I can give it to myself as birthday gift. :lol:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll do the two Two Worlds games....oh wait, you don't even have them on the list but have a bunch of fag arse gay indie shit and Tron 2.0 as a RPG....

Really useful cRPG Handbook you have there.....:M

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'll do the two Two Worlds games....oh wait, you don't even have them on the list but have a bunch of fag arse gay indie shit and Tron 2.0 as a RPG....

Really useful cRPG Handbook you have there.....:M
Why yes commie, I think we should add Two Worlds the book and you can review it. Thanks for asking so nicely. :hug:

Would you rather have one page for each game, or two pages to talk about both?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom