Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OOOUGH IM SO PUMPED FOR DEAD_SPACE_2-FLT BROS

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Metro said:
Is it worth watching a Let's Play on Youtube for the plot line?

For fuck's sake. Watching other people play through an internet video is the most boring waste of time there is. Why the hell would you want to subject yourself to something like that?

baronjohn

Cipher
Trash said:
Metro said:

For fuck's sake. Watching other people play through an internet video is the most boring waste of time there is. Why the hell would you want to subject yourself to something like that?
A good LP is like a documentary rather than a random faget playing a game. A good LPer has played the game at least once, has researched the game, has prepared informative content to narrate to the viewer, adds enjoyable satire to potentially cliched parts of the game, and cuts out/speeds up boring shit in post.

MapMan

Arcane
Only if they've done it before and show him the interesting parts.

Trash said:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Trash said:
Metro said:

Games like Dead Space are explicitly designed for something like that.

Considering how non-interactive they are, and how much time you spend watching your character move instead of directly moving him yourself, the purposes of these games it to "entertain your bros" while you are "totally rockin' out" with yout XBOX.

After all, the observers cannot really tell when you lose control. It looks cooler to them than it plays to you. That's the special sauce that makes them go and buy it for themselves.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trash said:
Metro said:

Meh, sometimes I like the plot lines. I actually liked Deadspace: Downfall. I can fast forward past all the mindless corridor shooting and watch the cut scenes.

Raapys

Arcane
I rather liked DS2, even managed to play it all the way through. Which is more than I can say for the first game, really.

Thinking of starting on hardcore, but 3 saves for the entire game seems kind of harsh; means you'll pretty much have to play for like 2-3 hours before you can even do your first save.

MapMan

Arcane
Raapys said:
I rather liked DS2, even managed to play it all the way through. Which is more than I can say for the first game, really.

Thinking of starting on hardcore, but 3 saves for the entire game seems kind of harsh; means you'll pretty much have to play for like 2-3 hours before you can even do your first save.

I think its 3 save slots, not 3 saves per whole game because assuming you'd do a perfect run that'd be about 2-3 hours long game session without a single save...

made

Arcane
MapMan said:
I think its 3 save slots, not 3 saves per whole game
What would be the point? It's 3 saves total.
Where are you now "lolol popamole gaming is 2 eezee" tards? Dead Space 2 too BRUTAL for you? :smug:

Raapys

Arcane
Actually, it really is 3 saves total from what I've seen. I checked at a save point and it said I had 3 saves left to use. Oh well, the game alt-tabs rather well so it's not like I can't just pause it.

Ironically, so far my inventory is completely filled with health thingies since I haven't actually been hit yet. Can't really see how the whole 'less ammo and health packs' idea is going to make it more difficult. Except possibly near the end-game; at that point I even had difficulties on normal, since that respawning dude combined with countless other stuff got too much for my poor plasma cutter( only weapon I used really).

Gonna try with the Javelin weapon this time, supposedly excellent when upgraded with special attack. Less ammo around for it, but guess I'll just have to shop for it.

Suspect my character will meet a untimely end in one of those mini-games though, flying through obstacles. Doubt I'll bother continuing if I have to replay 1-2 hours because of some shitty death.

*edit*

Yep, true to my words, I died at the stupid "dodge-flying-doors" scene in the train. Ugh, probably won't bother with this shit.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Where/When can I find (if possible) the schematics for Pulse Rifle and Ripper Ammo?

Also, you guys know which chapters contain new armors? I'm on Chapter 6 and using the 2nd Suit, the Security Suit.

EDIT : Nevermind, Pulse Ammo found and Ripper ammo is plentiful.

made

Arcane
First Playthrough
Engineering- 5% armor, 10 slot inventory, no special bonuses, available at first store
Security- 10%,15, +5% pulse rifle damage, schematic in Chapter 4
Vintage- 15%, 20, 10% discount at stores, schematic in Chapter 8
Advanced- 20%, 25, 50% stasis recharge time, schematic in Chapter 11

New Game+
Riot Security- 25%, 25, +10% contact beam damage, available at first store
Elite Engineering- 25%, 25, +15% medpack heal, schematic in Chapter 1
Elite Vintage- 25%, 25, 15% discount at stores, schematic in Chapter 6
Elite Security- 25%, 25, 15% javelin gun damage, schematic in Chapter 9
Elite Advanced- 25%, 25, +10% all weapons damage +15% stasis duration, schematic in Chapter 11
Arctic Security- 25%, 25, +10% flamethrower damage, available at first store after beating Zealot
Soldier- 25%, 25, +10% seeker damage, available at first store after beating Hardcore

Special
Zealot- 15%, 15, +5% force gun damage, available at first store with collectors edition
Hacker- 15%, 15, -1 hacking stage, schematic in Chapter 2 with Dead Space: Ignition save

Took a long break from this in the middle and just now finished it. I gotta say, overall I was less entertained by it than the first one. I wanted more huge boss fights, instead I got none of them. Addition of lame hacking minigame also didn't help. Zero G sequences are now more realistic, however, I had less fun with them. I guess I'm a weirdo who enjoys flying from wall to wall too much.
And fuck that ending sequence! I like a challenge, but not when it stems from bad design and blurriness everywhere. Where is my generic huge tentacle boss fight with clear image?? I gave up and turned down difficulty to casual just to see the ending cinematic.
I might do a second round on "zealot" some time in the future, but I'm not looking forward to it right away, unlike with first game. And fuck "Hard Core" mode, who would bother finishing this game with three saves? There are no checkpoints in it either, if I understood correctly.
And fuck Isaac gaining ability to talk, too. Especially when he is written by horrible writers of Dead Space.
So uh, I had fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom