Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Only some new posts marked as new

Nomask Alt

Arbiter
Is this a known issue, an unknown issue, or is someone accessing my account while I'm offline? The last possibility can potentially be easily checked: did my account record activity of any kind during the last 20 hours (excepting the last hour or so)?

Anyway, it's happened many times now: I return to a thread I had been reading, and half of the new messages are not marked as "new". I have to manually look for the spot trying to remember where I stopped reading.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
First I've heard about it. By "new", you mean these posts were posted after you last clicked on the thread? Or are you just stopping reading half-way through and coming back later and expecting the forum software to magically know at which point you stopped reading?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
That mod looks pretty cool, but I seriously doubt anyone's haxx0ring your account.

Let me know what threads you notice it in.

Nomask Alt

Arbiter
That mod looks pretty cool, but I seriously doubt anyone's haxx0ring your account.

Let me know what threads you notice it in.

In the return of GD thread, for example. Twice at least. I suppose you could complain about it on the xenforo forums, which are accessible only to xenforo customers or something like that. But if no one else has noticed the issue, then you might also look into the security breach hypothesis -- or not, if you're gonna update the security here anyway.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Hmmm... It could be munchkins are using a GUI interface built in visual basic to hack your IP address and gain access to your account. We've had problems with that in the past. I'll setup some anti-munchkin defenses.

EG

Nullified
Failed to follow through on an alert at some point, such as during a maint-ants event?

XenForo is anal about this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom