Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One day in Easthaven. (Updated)

Makagor

Liturgist
Interlude:

*POOF*

iwind003.jpg

iwind054.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Yeah, whatever...stupid old fart.

SharteS.jpg
Hey, I'm here first this time! And no-one else has showed up yet. This is my chance to get away from those dog's balls!

iwind004.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Okay, to get back to the Sword Coast I need to go...east. Then south. I'll just follow the coastline, right? Right.

iwind005.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Oh, but it's cold here and I'm half naked. I better go buy some gear.

iwind012.jpg

iwind013.jpg

iwind006.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Gah, this bastard sure isn't running a discount store...maybe I shouldn't have been so rude. Nah, he deserved it!

iwind011.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Much better! Off I go!

iwind015.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Smelly brat.

iwind017.jpg

iwind019.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Hah, some monsters. Four stupid little goblins are no match for me!

iwind021.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Just a wolf, I can take him.

iwind022.jpg

SharteS.jpg
Uh-oh. Three wolves. I don't have time to bleed!

*POOF*

iwind054.jpg

SharteS.jpg
AAARRGH!

Makagor

Liturgist
No mods, just vanilla Icewind Dale Heart of Winter.

I admit, I do like this game. It's great fun for hack and slash. I suppose you could call this a fanfic but it's not meant to be serious. I threw together that first post and posted it on a lark. I thought it would be funny. Truthfully I hadn't intended to do a fullblown fanfic or LP. I was going to Ironman the thing with non-munchkin BG NPCs. But since there seems to be a little bit of interest I think I'll continue. Should I do this as a serious LP? I don't think that would be as enjoyable. LPs that just say "I went here" and "I did this" and "yay, i'm a evil dick" wear thin after a while.

The interlude with Shar-Teel was partly to demonstrate that if you choose all the asshole dialog choices, it doesn't really change anything.

Speaking of Ironman, last night I tried it with Ajantis in the party instead of Jaheira. I got my ass handed to me in the orc cave. Maybe I'm out of practice or maybe this team can't hack it iroman style. This game is munchkin land and it pays to min-max characters. For certain, the BG team will require much more party micromanagement than I am used to.

karnot

Educated
Are there supposed to be pictures, or am i missing something here ?

Dark Matter

Prophet
I don't think you should try to make this a full LP and complete the game. Instead, let's have more dicking around like in the first post.

Makagor

Liturgist
Gameplay slideshow #1: Easthaven

Gameplay slideshow #2: Kuldahar Pass

I recommend watching on the 'fast' setting, or pausing and clicking through at your own pace using the big arrows on the side. It depends on how much interest you have in the thing.

This is screenshots of a BG NPC party played from the beginning up to Kuldahar Pass with no reloads. It wasn't too bad when I slowed down and utilized every party members' abilities. I've played this bunch up through the second tomb in Dale of Shadows. It got much easier once Ajantis gained a level and stopped getting killed in a single round of combat. Onward!

Here it is, you sick bastids: a goofy update.

*Cue “Three’s Company” theme song*

“Come and knock on our doooor”
“We’ve been waiting for youuu”
“Where the kisses are hers and hers and his, three’s company too…”

iwind030-1.jpg

Three’s Company in Kuldahar!

Starring:

Ajantis as Jack!
AjantisS.jpg

Shar-Teel as Janet!
SharteS.jpg

Branwen as Crissy!
BranwenS.jpg

Montaron as Mr. Roper.
MontarS.jpg

Xzar as Mrs. Roper.
XzarS.jpg

And introducing Michael Jackson as Larry.
mjS.jpg

iwind000-2.jpg

AjantisS.jpg
: Hey there Crissy, those are some nice…um, uh, do I really have to read this out loud? There is no honor in it.
XzarS.jpg
: Read the lines and play your character as written! This is a role-playing game, after all.
AjantisS.jpg
: Hey there Crissy. Those are some nice sweater puppies you’ve got. May I pet them?
BranwenS.jpg
: *snort* Dur-hur *snort* Jack you ist a naughty man! Keep der mitts off mein shvetter poopies.
SharteS.jpg
: Yeah Jack, keep your hands off Crissy or I’ll chop them off myself!
mjS.jpg
: Woo-hooo! Uhn! *crotch grab* The way you make-uh me fee-eeel!
AjantisS.jpg
: I’m sorry Crissy. I don’t know what came over me. I’m not feeling like myself today.
MontarS.jpg
: Yer got that right. We all know you’d rather be petting MY sweater puppies, eh queer-bo?
XzarS.jpg
: Oh, Stanley, I’ll pet your sweater puppies any time. Or better yet, you can pet mi-ine!
MontarS.jpg
: Blaargh! *vomits*
mjS.jpg
: Billie Jean, uh, is not my lo-ver! Uhn. Uh. *moon walks*
mjS.jpg
: Hey Crissy, you got any more of those magic feel good happy pills?
BranwenS.jpg
: Nein! Lay off mitt der happy pills, Larry, they vill make der heart shtop vorking.
mjS.jpg
: Awwww… *dangles a baby*
AjantisS.jpg
: Let us all go down to the Regal Beagle for a drink.
SharteS.jpg
: I could use a drink. A really, really big drink.
XzarS.jpg
: Jack, you silly boy. The Regal Beagle is in a far off land called California. Today we are in Kuldahar.
SharteS.jpg
: Well, whatever the local watering hole is called around here, we need to go there. Now.
MontarS.jpg
: What be Larry doing to that small boy?

iwind002-2.jpg

XzarS.jpg
: Larry! Stop that! You must follow the script precisely and that is not in the script!
BranwenS.jpg
: These are not actions of warrior born!
AjantisS.jpg
: By Helm, this blasphemy must stop! Xzar, I shall no longer participate in this mockery. And I shall put an end to this evil interloper right now!
SharteS.jpg
: For once, I am in complete agreement with Mr. Goody-Two-Peckers.

iwind004-1.jpg

mjS.jpg
: Ben, the two of us need look no moooore… *cries a single tear*

iwind005-1.jpg

*The role of Larry the molester is now played by Garrick.*

GarrickS.jpg
: Hey! I resent that “molester” moniker.

*POOF*

iwind006-1.jpg

GarrickS.jpg
: Gah! My head is filled with images of dancing zombies. Ugh! And a decidedly unpleasant memory of something unnatural being done to a chimpanzee. I can’t seem to remember anything else. What have you guys been doing? How did we get here, and where is ‘here’ anyway?
AjantisS.jpg
: What? You don’t recall Easthaven? You don’t remember the past five days of arduous adventure? We’ve traveled through the mountain pass to get here, Kuldahar.
GarrickS.jpg
: That sounds familiar, but I’m still drawing a blank.
AjantisS.jpg
: You fill him in, Xzar, since you seem to enjoy pointless yakety-yak.
XzarS.jpg
: Thank you dear leader, for I do and I shall. Garrick, my dear boy, we began our journey a week ago in Easthaven. Although I would rather have burnt that pest-hole to the ground we were poor and in need of strengthening, so we did many small favors for the pathetic residents of that scab of a town. First we cleared the ale-house cellar of vermin, then we equipped ourselves and delivered a bottle of wine to the local sod.
SharteS.jpg
: I still say that was a waste of a perfectly good bottle…
XzarS.jpg
: Silence, girl! Xzar is talking now. We then agreed to find a missing caravan. We killed a dog in a warehouse and solved the mystery of the dreaming fisherman and the sea elf. I was particularly impressed with how you, dear Garrick, browbeat the hapless elf into giving us a handful of gems. We gave a boy a fish and killed some goblins who were threatening the town. We found the missing caravan and slaughtered the cave full of orcs who had captured it. After returning to town to receive our due accolades and rewards we set off with that lump Hrothgar to travel the mountain pass to get here. Alas, Hrothgar and his entire party were killed in an avalanche while we, miraculously, made our way to Kuldahar Pass with ne’er a scratch…
MontarS.jpg
: Interesting, that. It’s almost as if it were…pre-ordained.
XzarS.jpg
: …anyway, we exterminated a band of goblins and orcs near the millhouse in Kuldahar Pass. After that, we zoned into…er, I mean we arrived here in Kuldahar itself. Then the production of my latest play was rudely interrup…
AjantisS.jpg
: Okay, that is quite enough, and the less said about events since we arrived the better.
SharteS.jpg
: Aw, you're no fun. The best part was coming up. Or coming apart, you might say.
MontarS.jpg
: *snicker*
AjantisS.jpg
: You evil minded savages can tell him about it later. Right now we have business to attend. The archdruid Arundel has tasked us with investigating the Dale of Shadows. We shall go there and determine the cause of the strange happenings in this country.
XzarS.jpg
: Oh Jack, you're always so serious! *bats eyes*
AjantisS.jpg
: Rraaagh!

*Freeze shot*
*Roll Credits*

Makagor

Liturgist
Butthurt detected.

Damn, three days and hundreds of page views later, and not one more comment. Way to hurt a guy, Codex. I thought at least some of you wanted moar of this shit. "Ignore him and he'll go away" isn't the Codex style. What's going on?

I know this thing is bad, but is it so bad it left you all speechless?
Are you all mourning Michael Jackson fans and you feel like it's too soon?

Okay, I'm done attention whoring. Have a blessed day, bros.

Re: Butthurt detected.

Makagor said:
Damn, three days and hundreds of page views later, and not one more comment. Way to hurt a guy, Codex. I thought at least some of you wanted moar of this shit. "Ignore him and he'll go away" isn't the Codex style. What's going on?

This is p. good.

Proceed.

Mele ~ on Grayza

Educated
Re: Butthurt detected.

Makagor said:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAR

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom