Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On the shoulders of giants: a new multiple choices LP!

Kz3r0

Arcane
A

Vernydar

Learned
I told you so. I told you so. I told you so.

Ok, I'll stop saying that, since I could write it a lot of times. Note that the water shaman is dead. And that he's threatening us of death. So much for the people saying it would end peacefully.

I will never yield to this psychopath. I will think whether to vote B (die fighting) or c (let's make our new small tribe somewhere else)

ScubaV

Prophet
Well this was blatantly obvious, anyone who voted A in the previous update and didn't expect this outcome is quite honestly a fool. That said I think B or C is just going to compound the mistake and leave us weak and pathetic. Unfortunately, I think we need to side with the Wielder and let him grow the tribe through tyranny and bloodshed. We'll have to see what options develop further down the road.

A

B

Esquilax

Arcane
Well this was blatantly obvious, anyone who voted A in the previous update and didn't expect this outcome is quite honestly a fool. That said I think B or C is just going to compound the mistake and leave us weak and pathetic. Unfortunately, I think we need to side with the Wielder and let him grow the tribe through tyranny and bloodshed. We'll have to see what options develop further down the road.

A

You're right. The council will certainly die in a last stand against the Wielder. But it would make those who fought against him martyrs, and the Wielder would look like a despicable tyrant for betraying and butchering his own people, especially with the supernatural aid that he has at his disposal. The Wielder would conquer the lake tribes surrounding us with ease in the short-term, but many of his supporters would see his true colours, paving the way for a more moderate tribe down the road. Still, we're already short on manpower and losing even more would hurt.

Fuck it, B.

Vernydar

Learned
You're right. The council will certainly die in a last stand against the Wielder. But it would make those who fought against him martyrs, and the Wielder would look like a despicable tyrant for betraying and butchering his own people, especially with the supernatural aid that he has at his disposal. The Wielder would conquer the lake tribes surrounding us with ease in the short-term, but many of his supporters would see his true colours, paving the way for a more moderate tribe down the road.

And this is the reason I vote B. A would only make his leadership more secure. There is a possibility that by choosing B a somewhat more moderate government emerges. And if we lose many people, so be it. I cannot abide a theocracy, no matter what.

The people that die fighting the wielder today are paving the way for the wielder's demise tomorrow. A worthy cause to die for.

Cassidy

Arcane
I warned you: never trust Djinns.

Have a nice Pakistan shithole under Djinnism now.

It's better to die as men than to live as slaves to the Djinn. Suffer not the Djinn to live.

B

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A sounds like the most fun option, so let's go with that

Going B, what can I say Vernydar told us so.

Kipeci

Arcane
We are low on population as it is, wasting the council along with the other guys taking up arms looks like a rather futile gesture, even if you're aiming to spread the seeds of rebellion later.

Given that the people are already doing all three options, and that we're just choosing what the council should do, it makes more sense for the rebel side with A. They're already going to have a massacre happen, whichever option we choose, but if we stick with A then the council (probably the most bitter group about the whole thing) will actually be able to survive to maybe stir up something off in the future, as they're about the only alternate authority fielder to the Wielder. They can spread indignity about some of our tribe members being massacred in this event.

With B, none of that happens. They're dead along with everyone else who opposed the Wielder, there's no legitimate body of authorities left other than the Wielder, and while it may have been more honorable for them, they probably won't be remembered in glowing terms. Supporters of the Wielder would be more likely to urinate on their ashes for making the Wielder waste time shoveling shit when he could have been teaching them to throw awesome fireballs, and the majority of the folks who lack that view would be, as you recall, dead. The Wielder has plenty grievances of his own to be avenged against the council, and his supporters are naturally more likely to latch onto his views than those of his detractors, though I don't deny that a few would probably resent him over this.

I want more information about this direction, so I'm going with A to leave our options open for the future. When the people have been taught magic and maybe have enough power to begin to think of opposing the Wielder, the council or whoever they've spread the tales of broken promises and such to can start putting up dissent later and force a change in government if the current fire theocracy starts to look too dodgy for me to support. Going with B, there's no 'eject button', we just have to deal with the fire theocracy. Which is fine too, I guess, we'd be a little more internally stable with a purge right at the start so I guess that could make us stronger in maybe morale and dedication to the cause, but I don't want this to both deprive us of more manpower than it needs to and kill off some of what could be the most able people to take down the Wielder's regime if that becomes necessary.

Collage

Educated
I didn't want to go down this path, but right now it's the best way to promote short-term gains. Fighting the Wielder will set us back a long time, even if we win.

A.

Vernydar

Learned
To the people voting A for short term gain, I am completely against it. Curufinwe wrote

"Ok guys. This is the most important choice so far in the second act. Think carefully, because whatever you choose, there is no going back. Voting on!"

Which is the reason why I say we have to vote B. If it is an important decision, I will not look at the short term gains. Considering what he wrote, I think that by voting A there will be NO internal opposition to the wielder of any sort. Reasonings such as: vote A now, rebel later do not work. If as he says there is no going back, voting A means there will be nobody who will want to oppose the wielder for a while

ScubaV

Prophet
To the people voting A for short term gain, I am completely against it. Curufinwe wrote

"Ok guys. This is the most important choice so far in the second act. Think carefully, because whatever you choose, there is no going back. Voting on!"

Which is the reason why I say we have to vote B. If it is an important decision, I will not look at the short term gains. Considering what he wrote, I think that by voting A there will be NO internal opposition to the wielder of any sort. Reasonings such as: vote A now, rebel later do not work. If as he says there is no going back, voting A means there will be nobody who will want to oppose the wielder for a while

Alright, flopping to B, let's do this.

leeroy.jpg

Kipeci

Arcane
Which is the reason why I say we have to vote B. If it is an important decision, I will not look at the short term gains. Considering what he wrote, I think that by voting A there will be NO internal opposition to the wielder of any sort. Reasonings such as: vote A now, rebel later do not work. If as he says there is no going back, voting A means there will be nobody who will want to oppose the wielder for a while.

How do you possibly get that voting B will make a rebellion more likely? There's going to be a massacre of some of our tribesmen, anyway, since they've already taken up arms and cursed the Wielder. We're just deciding if the council joins with them or not. Going with B kills off all the council members, too, and they're the people with the most reason to start up any trouble and dissent. Even if they publicly prostrate before the Wielder, you've just got to know that that humiliation isn't something many of them can just take in stride. They've tasted power only to have it ripped away from them, most are probably not going to be wholeheartedly loyal and supportive to the Wielder.

If we go with A, they still keep their heads and can plot for the future. If we go with B, the Wielder's biggest internal enemies are all slain, there's no sort of alternate authority with some legitimacy. You don't support a revolt by killing off all the potential architects of it! Depending on how large our council is, it's possible that they won't even add that many more bodies onto the count at the end beyond those guaranteed to be dying off anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom