Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Old Avatars Archive

MCA
I know there will be no avatar galleries unless ShitForo decides to add that feature. I read DU's thread.

But if all the pics are still up somewhere or in someone's HDD, I'd appreciate a link. I'm sure everybody would.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I'm sure everybody would.
admit it, you only wrote that because you are hoping for likes from other people, didn't you? :p

The old avatars are still there, you just have to know the name (browser history / google / wayback machine) example:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/images/avatars/gallery/Jagged Alliance/static.jpg
static.jpg

MCA
Aren't you a funny little monkey, Haba. Geez, what a genius, must nominate for Nobel!

I'm asking for the complete archive, not crying "MAH AVATAR GONE HAP!!!"
Fucking fuck, this place already feels like Watch V2.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd actually like a formalization of avatars like we had in the old days. This 'freedom' to choose makes the Codex like every other turdy site, especially RPGWatch with all manner of shit avatars.

DEVO knew what they were talking about with their "Freedom of choice" song...

MCA
Yeah, that too. If we could just upload the old archive somewhere, or provide a download linkand make it a rule to pick your avatar from that selection...

Which reminds me: do pics work in sigs now? I hope not!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Aren't you a funny little monkey, Haba. Geez, what a genius, must nominate for Nobel!

I'm asking for the complete archive, not crying "MAH AVATAR GONE HAP!!!"
Fucking fuck, this place already feels like Watch V2.

Entire archive of every avatar... Yeah, we have one laying around. Let me get it, it is right between my copy of AoD and Grimoire.

Now, if you are a smart boy you can fetch the avatars from the server (for whatever reason you need them all).

Alternatively, if you're too stupid to figure it out yourself, you can always suck DU's cock and make him send you an archive. Of the avatars. That are all still on the server. In the same god damn folder they've always been in.

MCA
Dear moron, there isn't anything to figure out because the file names of avatars never had a methodology. Some folders were ordered like 0001.jpg, 0002.jpg and so on, and some entirely chaotic eg. JA example in the thread. Nobody could possibly figure anything out going by urls methodologically like that or through Google Seatch, unless you'd like to correct me.

Oh and if you have access to those goddamn folders, lucky you! I certainly don't.

But whatever, enjoy people using shit pictures for avatars for since we've gone popamole, why not go all the way, right?

Now excuse me while I put penis pictures in my sig, assuming it works.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Don't understand the need to restrict avatars to a small selection of RPG-related stuff. Who gives a shit? Keep it I say.

Matter of taste, I guess. I actually liked the way it was, having to choose an avatar out of a big library. People usually upload very crappy and ugly ones (mine is no exception), so a predefined library imo is better (not saying your or BC's avatar is "crap" though).

small selection of RPG-related stuff.

Well, isn't this first and foremost an cRPG forum?

Phelot

Arcane
If custom avatars are here to stay then it shouldn't be that difficult for people that want their old avatar to do a quick search for it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I still want my Princess Maker 2 avatars. Seriously, that stuff is more of an RPG than Skyrim or Mass Effect.

Gorawala

Educated
If anyone cannot find their avatar using Haba's advice, try including your join date in the search.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
A small warning for everyone who had a fallout-sprite avatar: it either won't work at all, or will get horribly stretched and looks ugly. :P Same goes for the PS:T avatars I uploaded some time ago - it would be nice if this would get eventually fixed.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Imagine how awesome I felt when I realized that I'd saved my avatar to the hard disk in anticipation of this day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom