Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex Impressions of New Vegas

So what is your opinion of FO:NV?

• I hated FO3's gameplay and design, and I hate NV's.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I didn't play FO3 but I hate NV's gameplay and design.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't mind FO3's gameplay, but story and dialogues sucked. NV is much better.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • FO3 rocked, and NV rocks.

• FO3 is good for what it is and NV is better for what it is.

• FO3 > NV

• Other. Explained in thread.

• KC: "Hybrids" aren't for RPGers. They're for faggy treehuggers. I want to kill the planet

• Total voters

Topher

Cipher
it's completely irrelevant to the game itself if it's a sequel or not and it's a completely different genre than the originals but if it pleases you to call it the long awaited "true" sequel to FO1/2 then sure, go ahead. Don't really see why we're even having this discussion...

The problem we're having is that I feel the same way. We're arguing semantics because it's fun but I honestly don't think it matters if anybody considers it a sequel or not, I though that was made clear in an earlier post. Anyway, you don't think that a book can be the sequel to a movie?

I'm also assuming that when you say I'm comparing and action game to a non-action game you're considering New Vegas an action game? Because as far as I'm concerned if it's not in an absurdly different genre like "racing" then in can be a sequel and to me at least New Vegas is close enough.

Kz3r0 said:
DalekFlay said:
[

Maybe I'm just Mr. Open-Minded, but I look at it as much sillier to define a game based on the one thing it isn't (turn-based isometric) rather than all the things it is.
Turn-based isometric determines your combat strategy and party development , as is now you have the most lame implementation of a retarded tactical shooter.

That's an interesting way to say "aim for the eyes, be careful not to stay between Ian/Marcus and the enemy, and you're golden"

Topher

Cipher
Clockwork Knight said:
Kz3r0 said:
DalekFlay said:
[

Maybe I'm just Mr. Open-Minded, but I look at it as much sillier to define a game based on the one thing it isn't (turn-based isometric) rather than all the things it is.
Turn-based isometric determines your combat strategy and party development , as is now you have the most lame implementation of a retarded tactical shooter.

That's an interesting way to say "aim for the eyes, be careful not to stay between Ian/Marcus and the enemy, and you're golden"

As much fun as I had with Fallout's combat that does pretty much sum it up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom