Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian's Third Game

Saran

Scholar
Exitium said:
Your typical cyberpunk book/game/movie

HAXX0RZ Goths.
Goths? No. Neo wasn't a goth. Some gothic ravers visited his apartment at the start of the first movie, but he wasn't one of them. Johnny Mnemonic wasn't a goth, either nor were most characters in that movie.

They use cyberspace and information technology/Implants as if it was magic
Not really. You could say that Tom Clancy's characters use the Echelon system and CIA gadgets like it was magic, too, but it's not the same thing, is it?

Emo-bitch style Angst and the desire to stick it to the man.
Nope, this is totally false. Cyberpunks don't angst about not being able to fit in with society or how much better they are than the 'kine' just because they drink blood and can't take the sun, but are immortal.

Some cyberpunk books and movies may be about overthrowing the corporate dystopia, but a lot of them aren't. Ghost in the Shell, which is definitely Cyberpunk, wasn't anything like that. Vampire settings aren't about sticking it to the Antedilluvians anyhow, come to mention it.

Here's what others thought of your post:
[22] <Aegeri> What point is Saran in that thread trying to make anyway?
[22] <@Saint_Proverbius> You're assuming there is one.
[22] <Aegeri> Hmmm
[22] <Aegeri> That was probably my first mistake
[22] <@Saint_Proverbius> I'm sure Saran has one, or thinks he has one. However, I'm not sure that he really does.
[23] <Aegeri> Maybe he just has a thing for goth emo

Hmmm, so some people like to talk behind my back in IRC about a joke i made, wow, i apologise for my evil rampage against the opinions of others, after all, we all know how people mean everything they say on the internet, are we still in secondry school "OHH NOES, THE PEOPLE THEY DISAGREE WITH ME, I HAD BETTER STOP OR THEY WILL THINK IM A FREAK, THEN HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO CONVINCE MARY-JANE TO GO TO THE PROM WITH ME!."

Secondly, is the matrix cyberpunk or isnt it, ive seen people say both, ohh wait, thats right its personal opinion, kind of like saying vampire is gay, and me saying it isnt, i think its ok, i couldnt really give a shit if they make another game, if they dont, fuck it.

And as far as the angst thing, come on, since you raised the matrix, they had long coats, always dressed in black, moaned a lot, spouted out bullshit about the soul and death and they always had the "IM A BIG MAN, I DONT NEED DIAPERS ANYMORE!" toughguy face.

Neo before he found out about the matrix: :cry: :evil:

After: :cry: :evil:

The rest of the movie/s : :cry: :evil:

Then again, it might have been a bad actor, ohh and did ya notice that, yep, it was an admission that i was kidding, just like when i came back with the Vampire ! = Goth! reply, the bit at the end was a pretty big hint i didnt really give a fuck about V:TM or cyberpunk.

Now if youll excuse me, im going to visit webdesign chat, an IRC room about websites and how pleasing they are to the eye.

Fake Edit:

[10] <Gokan22> What point is Exitium trying to make on that site anyway?
[10] <sweetypiecali19> You're assuming there is one.
[10] <Gokan22> Hmmm
[10] <Gokan22> That was probably my first mistake
[10] <sweetypiecali19> Im sure that Exitium has one, or thinks he has one. However, I'm not sure that he really does.
[11] <Gokan22> Maybe he just has a thing for grey.
[11] <sweetypiecali19> Wanna cyber, man ho' ?
[11] <Gokan22> Like a motherfucker, bitch

As you can see, my internet friends are better, and sexier!

Ohh and Aegeri, damn you, i taught i told you to keep it secret, i told you i wouldnt Larp outside your house anymore, how could you betray me! :cry: :P

Fez

Erudite
Saran said:
Hmmm, so some people like to talk behind my back in IRC about a joke i made, wow, i apologise for my evil rampage against the opinions of others, after all, we all know how people mean everything they say on the internet, are we still in secondry school "OHH NOES, THE PEOPLE THEY DISAGREE WITH ME, I HAD BETTER STOP OR THEY WILL THINK IM A FREAK, THEN HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO CONVINCE MARY-JANE TO GO TO THE PROM WITH ME!."

Calm the fuck down. So what were you expecting? There's been plenty mentions of IRC here, so you know they talk there.

What about these golden nuggets?

"<Exitium> I dont mind Fez, hes just a jackass, but I am - this - close to kicking his ass.
<Exitium`> Hiring Fez is not funny. I'd pretty much leave.
<Exitium`> Fez pisses me off.
<Exitium`> I dont like Fez. He pisses me off. He's also offensive to foreign developers.
<Exitium`> Fez is an idiot. "

I was laughing my ass off when I saw that about me, you need to lighten up. It's only the internet and it was a very minor comment and joke about your post.

Ausir

Arcane
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Personally, I would love to see more horror crpgs that aren't a part of the WoD universe but something unique. Heck, I'd be happy with more Lovecraftian stuff. There's not enough of that out there to suit my needs.

In 2007 it will have been 70 years after Lovecraft's death, which means that all his works will be in the public domain, and anyone will be able to make any Cthulhu Mythos derivatives.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hmm.. What if Bioware AND Obsidian got together to do a new title? (Along the lines of BIS and Bioware when they did Baldurs Gate).

And I'd love for Obsidian working on a NON Fantasy Setting CRPG.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
BIS helped with QA, music, and voice overs along with all the other typical publisher duties. Nothing overly special, really.

Spazmo

Erudite
I'm sure BioWare would be happy to slap their logo on Obsidian games and take credit for them, which is more or less what BIS did on the BG games.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
More importantly, BIS never took credit for the BG series other than their rightful place as the publisher. Only idiotic BIS fanboys or those who really, really hate BIO give BIS the credit for BG series.

That is all.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, has there been any hint on the forums as to what this game will be? Or are we all just guessing out of our asses at this juncture (big word :D ).

Saran

Scholar
Fez said:
Saran said:

Calm the fuck down. So what were you expecting? There's been plenty mentions of IRC here, so you know they talk there.

What about these golden nuggets?

"<Exitium> I dont mind Fez, hes just a jackass, but I am - this - close to kicking his ass.
<Exitium`> Hiring Fez is not funny. I'd pretty much leave.
<Exitium`> Fez pisses me off.
<Exitium`> I dont like Fez. He pisses me off. He's also offensive to foreign developers.
<Exitium`> Fez is an idiot. "

I was laughing my ass off when I saw that about me, you need to lighten up. It's only the internet and it was a very minor comment and joke about your post.

Ummm, i know, dont get me wrong maybe i completely fucked up in trying to get across the fact i thought it was silly.

Its just that i thought the whole mary-jane comment would give away the fact i didnt care, hell look at the fake log i posted, along with the self-deprecating humour i tagged onto the end i thought it would be pretty clear i thought it was funny, as you said its stupid posting a log about what people think of you.

So yea, i am calm, then again if there is a chatroom about webdesign i could understand why you thought i was pissed, but otherwise, no.

Come on, look at the post:

[11] <sweetypiecali19> Wanna cyber, man ho' ?
[11] <Gokan22> Like a motherfucker, bitch

Yep, that looks real.

"As you can see, my internet friends are better, and sexier!"

As we all know, if my imaginary friends are sexier than you i win, ahaa, i knew exitium would falter after such a vicious assault! PWNED! :P

"Ohh and Aegeri, damn you, i taught i told you to keep it secret, i told you i wouldnt Larp outside your house anymore, how could you betray me! :cry: :P "

Now come on, isnt that enough of an indication, but then again, maybe your right, as you said we are on the internet, so when im joking im serious and when im serious im joking, holy shit, ITS OPPOSITE LAND! :P

I mean come on, i read this site for ages, its not as if i was expecting sunshine and sugarlumps to spill forth from Exitiums arse, it was a joke, nothing more.

Then again maybe im a little bitch that secretly cries when someone disagrees with me.

"NO,MARY-JANE, IM NOT LIKE THAT, MARY-JANE,NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

:lol:

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
PennyAnte said:
Werewolf would be good too. Better yet, bring the whole WoD to life and let me play whichever type of character I prefer.

Actually, as far as rumours go, they are, rather literary - World of Darkness Online by ArenaNET or so it is rumoured.

mrmarcus

Novice
Ausir said:
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Personally, I would love to see more horror crpgs that aren't a part of the WoD universe but something unique. Heck, I'd be happy with more Lovecraftian stuff. There's not enough of that out there to suit my needs.

In 2007 it will have been 70 years after Lovecraft's death, which means that all his works will be in the public domain, and anyone will be able to make any Cthulhu Mythos derivatives.

Nope. Congress extended copyrights again during the 2002 or 2003 session. It's now 90 years.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Lady Armageddona said:
PennyAnte said:
Werewolf would be good too. Better yet, bring the whole WoD to life and let me play whichever type of character I prefer.

Actually, as far as rumours go, they are, rather literary - World of Darkness Online by ArenaNET or so it is rumoured.
That's good news, if true, because ArenaNET uses a payment model that has no monthly billing, and the game's had more preorders now than EQ2 did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom