Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
No it won't. Confirmed a while ago. The only form of multi-classing will come in talent selection and whether they offer X class abilities (or similar) as talents. And even that's up in the air.

IIRC, he wasn't confirmed as a Lead in that update, just that he worked on the main story.

It's always the lead who works on the main story ... literally it was "Eric Fenstermaker is the lead narrative designer" in everything but name.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Probably went to the studio.

And It's got nothing to do with stalking. I don't subscribe to RSS feeds so most of the time Dura and coffeetable will probably beat me to the punch. I think it's very hard to read Update 60 and not understand that Eric Fenstermaker is the lead narrative designer.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
This is also worth copy-pasting :

Difficulty: Also more than just combat

Combat Options:
• Tactical difficulty (types of enemies)
• Game modes (Trial of Iron, Path of the Damned, Expert)
• Death vs. Maiming
• Area of Effect Highlighting
• Brief vs. Verbose system feedback
• Defense and Accuracy tooltips
• Auto-Pause criteria
• and more...

Non-Combat Options:
• Displaying unqualified conversation interactions
• Showing skill check thresholds
• Displaying earned reputation modifiers
• Quest objectives: explicit or implicit goals
• and more...

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Not a huge fan of the worldmap icons at present, I do love the painted world map by Kaz, but I'm not a huge fan of the location icons, I hope they're placeholder. I would have preferred if they actually looked like they were part of the environment/incorporated better into the world map like BG2 or the IWD games.

Agreed, but they're obviously placeholder. Everything looks fantastic so far so I have no doubt that the world map will not include these sloppy copy-paste icons on them.

Sensuki

Arcane

To be honest I think it was a fairly valid concern.

You have the current trend in the video game market being pro-feminism / tropes vs women / LGBT blah blah stuff.
The Project Director is very into that kind of stuff (minus the LGBT). He backed Tropes vs Women on Kickstarter, who now has the freedom to clamp unnecessary sexualization of women (and characters in general) in his new crowd-funded project.
You have the Obsidian cronies going off about realistic armor and no boobplate and Roguey on here promoting flat-chestedness.
The very first screenshot of the characters showed no pronunciation in the female chest area at all in stark contrast to what every other game is doing - including the leather and chainmail armors.
The method of modelling/rigging the character for flatchested armor might have required the stock model to be flatchested too (depending on how they do it)
Many prominent warrior-type females in popular literature are also very masculine in appearance.

based on this information I think it was reasonable to assume the possibility of rather curve-lacking female character models.

I'm all for realistic armor, but I do like women with curves. I'm glad to see that they haven't gone overboard in anti-trending.

coffeetable

Savant

To be honest I think it was a fairly valid concern.

You have the current trend in the video game market being pro-feminism / tropes vs women / LGBT blah blah stuff.
The Project Director is very into that kind of stuff (minus the LGBT). He backed Tropes vs Women on Kickstarter, who now has the freedom to clamp unnecessary sexualization of women (and characters in general) in his new crowd-funded project.
You have the Obsidian cronies going off about realistic armor and no boobplate and Roguey on here promoting flat-chestedness.
The very first screenshot of the characters showed no pronunciation in the female chest area at all in stark contrast to what every other game is doing - including the leather and chainmail armors.
Many prominent warrior-type females in popular literature are also very masculine in appearance.

based on this information I think it was reasonable to assume the possibility of rather curve-lacking female character models.

I'm all for realistic armor, but I do like women with curves. I'm glad to see that they haven't gone overboard in anti-trending.
what the fuck is wrong with you

Sensuki

Arcane
I don't think I'm the only person here that thinks that while boobplate is stupid, doing the opposite (for the sake of it, and to make a point) is also stupid.

coffeetable

Savant
you're the only one who keeps fucking mentioning it

its not easy to be the creepiest person in a codex thread, but congrats! you managed it!

Duraframe300

Arcane
It's always the lead who works on the main story ... literally it was "Eric Fenstermaker is the lead narrative designer" in everything but name.

Nope, not necessarly. (South Park: TSOT for example where Fenstermaker has the same role). Obsidains Creative Lead position entails a lot more than just the narrative and is not bound to the story. As Adam Brennecke tallks about quest design in relation to Fenstermaker

(Lead Narrative Designer isn't really a Obsidian position anymore. Thats why *Creative* is a bit more accurate)

Sensuki

Arcane
Obsidains Creative Lead position entails a lot more than just the narrative and is not bound to the story. As Adam Brennecke tallks about quest design in relation to Fenstermaker

Man, even George Ziets did more than just work on the story, the did a lot of high-level concepting, work on the Patheons, Cultures and places in the world and he worked mostly with Eric about it. Sure that position may be defunct but I didn't mean it in the literal sense. Like I said I don't think it's very easy to not read update 60, put 2 and 2 together and figure out the Creative Lead/Narrative Lead on Project Eternity - with a team size of 20 people. Because it's clearly not Josh, Chris or George .. and Fenstermaker is working on the main narrative .. so who else would it be ?

its not easy to be the creepiest person in a codex thread, but congrats! you managed it!

You're the only one bothered by it (add Roguey when he reads it) :D

Btw, here is my speculation

PLS4da1.jpg

LeJosh

Savant

The impression I get from Sawyer is that he wants a balance between both points of view but not to impose too much of his own personal beliefs: maybe it'll turn out to have too much.

Creators/Directors can be good at detaching from that, at least.

So who knows until we get the game.

Personally I can't say I ever thought about the chest size of female characters in a video game, particularly this one besides obvious hilarities like Dragon's Crown.

Edit - your map speculation looks accurate besides chapter one stronghold, unless they want you to have it early so you can build it over the entirety of the game.

Rake

Arcane
Hahaha not even close. Wait until you are able to view GD. Your perception will...change. Retardo topics creeped me more than BSN memes ever managed

Duraframe300

Arcane
Obsidains Creative Lead position entails a lot more than just the narrative and is not bound to the story. As Adam Brennecke tallks about quest design in relation to Fenstermaker

Man, even George Ziets did more than just work on the story, the did a lot of high-level concepting, work on the Patheons, Cultures and places in the world and he worked mostly with Eric about it. Sure that position may be defunct but I didn't mean it in the literal sense. Like I said I don't think it's very easy to not read update 60, put 2 and 2 together and figure out the Creative Lead/Narrative Lead on Project Eternity - with a team size of 20 people. Because it's clearly not Josh, Chris or George .. and Fenstermaker is working on the main narrative .. so who else would it be ?

You're the only one bothered by it (add Roguey when he reads it) :D

Btw, here is my speculation

PLS4da1.jpg

George does not work in a lead position which is the whole point. Fenstermaker LEADS the creative aspects of the game which includes quest design.

Anyway, its confirmed for real now and this isn't exactly a discussion that jas merrit so lets drop it.

Sensuki

Arcane
George does not work in a lead position which is the whole point. Fenstermaker LEADS the creative aspects of the game which includes quest design.

Anyway, its confirmed for real now and this isn't exactly a discussion that jas merrit so lets drop it.

That is *exactly* what I've been saying all along.

Who ever thought George was a lead on the project :|

Sorry to go hiver on you though as - yes it wasn't "confirmed" but it was obvious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom