Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian to co-develop Wasteland 2 if Kickstarter reaches $2.1mil

Kz3r0

Arcane
Why would you even withdraw a pledge from Wasteland 2 in the first place?
I am only discussing how the system works, however I remember Villain of the Story citing a 5K$ unpledge.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Yes. W2 goal was 900k. Let's say they have 900,014$ and you want to take your 15$ back. You can't because it will go under their goal. They have over 2mln now, so you can take your pledge easily.
But I guess now it can't go under $2.1?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes. W2 goal was 900k. Let's say they have 900,014$ and you want to take your 15$ back. You can't because it will go under their goal. They have over 2mln now, so you can take your pledge easily.
But I guess now it can't go under $2.1?

2.1mil isn't a goal. 900k is a goal. Everything over 900k is extra funds. The 1.5mil, 2.1mil, 2.5mil and 3mil we hear about are plans what Brian will do with the extra funding.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
I withdrew my pledge after finding out Chris Avellone was going to get involved. Before then the "social" comments were giving me pause.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
If they get to 2.5 million (which seems likely) they might as well anouce a tool-set.

Nah. They won't "promise" a toolset even if they reach $3 million. Before knowing the engine, possibilities and how much work it'll take, inXile is very wary of doing a toolset. I would kind of expect one at some point anyway, it's just a matter of possibilities and willingness to invest dev time into the toolset pre-release.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Hey J_L, what happened to your idea of running an AoD wiki? Oh, right, you're too butthurt now you little maggot.
My idea? I've never said or had any interest in running an AoD Wiki. All I did was the Unofficial FAQ and Gallery which is now updated by someone called Vahhabyte. If you people are going to insult me and go off-topic then at least come up with a decent insult.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Why do you bold everyone's name? We are prestigious indivuals who don't need help reading peoples' posts.

Stinger

Arcane
and shitty back and forth fedex quests like New Vegas
You had me raging until here.

While I don't expect Fargo to make a toolset during development, I hope it's something he considers after launch when it sells a fair bit on Steam during sales etc.

Mods would do quite a lot to increase the lifespan of the game.

empi

Augur
Target was already reached yesterday :mca:

(With paypal monies)

Atomic

Augur
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I'm a little late but hey..

And boom, passed $2.1M. MCA + Obsidian tools are in.

Untitled-1-2-2.jpg
z7447433Q,Chris-Avellone.jpg

227071-chris_avellone2_super.jpg
a_med_chris_artikel1.jpg
lS5qt.gif

:love: :mca:
tGzsv.gif
:love:

:yeah:

Stinger

Arcane
We need a Brian and Chris smugly nodding to each other with headphones gif.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

When one's desire overtakes one's bank balance? I grabbed the $250 tier when they started to be desperately taken this last day...but fuck knows if I can pay for it. $100 yeah no prob, but the rest depends on other factors. All will be clear in a week. If I cannot swing the cash I'll let it be known here first so if any Codex bro is ready and waiting and wants it they can get it. Were I living alone it wouldn't be a problem to live on Maggi noodles but who knows what whims and desires my boy will have this easter?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I seriously just hope I don't die before Wasteland 2 comes out. At least give me that much, world.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Were I living alone it wouldn't be a problem to live on Maggi noodles but who knows what whims and desires my boy will have this easter?

:lol:

I guess the codex didn't corrupt me completely, I thought he was talking about his son at first

:lol: I actually was! It's twinkie that sees stuff that isn't there. Wish I could claim that it was deliberate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom