Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian has posted up a PC Format review of NWN2

sheek

Arbiter
But it's true - everything apart from combat in TOEE is bad.

Ladonna

Arcane
Walkin dude: The teleport spell is in Co8 patches. I agree there should be the ability to hold a room, or bar a door or something for resting, without having a horde of bugbears around you as you wake up.

As for everything else being bad.....I don't agree. It just needs more fleshing out and polish. The engine itself is more than up to the challenge.

RadioGnome: I have no idea. I think its an image thing and they get personally involved in their character. It becomes an extension of what they want to be. Maybe Im just talking shit :lol: .

Jed

Cipher
The Walkin' Dude said:
Get yourself Baldur's Gate and learn what it is to face challenging, and yet enjoyable, combat along with plenty of other quality features not found in ToEE.
What, you mean "select all my guys and have them shoot or hack one target until dead, wash, rinse, repeat"? The only strategy in IE combat is knowing which enemies to take out first.

elander_

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
What? You never before played a D&D CRPG?

No i played BG and NWN but i didn't have to learn DND rules to play NWN and i admit i cheated in BG combat because the pause system is annoying for me.

The Walkin' Dude said:
The atmosphere is great too but everything else is just bad. Especially the huge dungeons where there are only a couple of places to rest.

For the moment im finding that an interesting tactical option and a very realistic one. Resources become more precious and the player ends up trying to make a better use of those lesser spells. Don't know if it still be that way later.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Volourn said:
I doubt that. I don't why Desslock, and other morons comapre it to KOTOR.

I really do hope that it is better than KotOR especially KotOR II(which was half-complete and sucky).

Doppelganger

Novice
Ladonna said:
I am guessing it will be standard KOTOR type fare, with combat being a speedhump to the rest of the story. Hopefully I am wrong....

Well, translate that to "standard Planescape type fare, with combat being a speedhump to the rest of the story," then I rather hope you are right.

Texas Red

Whiner
So is there anyone willing to review NWN 2 or give impressions? Anyone have it preordered already or planning on getting it on the 1st day? I probably wont be able to test it due to the retarded shipping of my country for at least a week after the release, so... and I wont download it either, I think.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I am; but I'm a Dumbfuck so my opinion is moot. :D

R00fles!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
As much as I hate some of the things you write, Volourn, I am actually quite sure that you'd make a good reviewer of NWN 2. After all, you liked the first game and will thus be able to notice changes, for the better or the worse, more quickly than others.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
RadioGnome Invisible said:
Ladonna said:
You can only be a guy with a goatie (Many chicks refuse to play because of this, I don't really give a shit).
What's the big problem with chicks and male characters anyway? I've yet to see a guy who refuses to play just because main hero is female, but with chicks it happens way too often.
Perhaps men and women have similar tolerance levels for playing as characters of different genders, but male characters are so much more prevalent that women get sick of it sooner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom