Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion fanboys going rouge because of... The Witcher

Durwyn

Prophet
Hey Mr. Gaider. How's DA development coming along? Will we see some new info on it in near future?

Edit: Typo :D

Mayday

Augur
Matt7895 said:
Gaider is a he... hence the 'David'. How many women do you know called David?

Wait... all those Davids I slept with claimed to be women. o_O Am I missing something here?

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Matt7895 said:
Here specifically. All the 'lulzers' probably helped ruin what little good reputation the Codex has left. Vault Dweller quit.
I see.

*Tries to summon shock and surprise.*

*Fails.*

That's too bad, to be honest. VD was one of the reasons I come here.

Durwyn said:
Hey Mr. Gaider. How's DA development coming along? Will we see some new info on it in near future?

It's swallowing my life much as it ever has. I never know the ways of Marketing (they are many and mysterious), but I suspect with the big Mass Effect push out of the way the Eye of Sauron will be casting about looking for stuff to do. The magic 8-ball says "chances are good".

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey don't worry David-bunny, we're planning a coup to get VD back in power and have him purge the forum of subhumans (like furries ^_^), so he will most likely come back, hailed as the emperor god-king of the Codex, very soon.

Good luck with DA, it looks neat-o.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Dgaider said:
*Tries to summon shock and surprise.*

*Fails.*

That's too bad, to be honest. VD was one of the reasons I come here.
I love you too, Dave.

Deleted member 7219

*looks at Jasede* Come on, let's leave them to it.

*leaves thread*

aries202

Erudite
Vault Dweller hasn't quit the Codex for good. He just has stepped down as newsposter etc. for the Codex while pursuing other things e.g. his little game, Age of Decadence. I'll miss VD's great interviews as much as the next guy, though.

The powers that be e.g. Ray&Greg?, has said that we will see new info, and much of it, after the release of Mass Effect. It seems a little whacko and stupid to me that the developer etc. aren't being asked advice on how to market the game they've made.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Jasede said:
Hey don't worry David-bunny, we're planning a coup to get VD back in power and have him purge the forum of subhumans (like furries ^_^), so he will most likely come back, hailed as the emperor god-king of the Codex, very soon.

Good luck with DA, it looks neat-o.
But I don't want to be purged D:

Keldorn

Scholar
Dgaider said:
Oblivion fanboys going rouge?

Here I thought the Witcher might be somehow responsible for turning Oblivion fanboys into slightly effeminate cosmeticians -- but alas.

Where men gather, chaos ensues.

I'd save them all, if I could.

By the way kind sir, if you may, and forgive me for my previous idiotic ranting and raving, but I simply must ask thee a rather pertinent, albeit somewhat provocative, question...

...Is there, by any chance, and possibly by means of the omnibenevolent and omnipresent forces at play, any degree of likelihood that a Baldur's Gate 3 script is the making, however crude and unrefined ? I experience no joy nor righteous glee in being so bold as to ponder such an awkward matter, but to be quite honest, I have endured a rather lugubrious, paltry and destitute existence since the demonstrable peak of my venerable career, and I simply must say, that I am immersed in fortuitous preperation for the delivery of said script, however sophomoric, derivative and minimalistic it may be (in these elementary, formative and experimental stages). I might add, that I would gladly be willing to be put on, (ahem), commission, in order to facilitate the potential project, for I have such endearing and profound faith that the justly reaped rewards for the entire spectrum of humanity would be so spiritually lucrative, as to make it quite worthwhile, indeed.

Thank you for your time, and may the radiant warmth of the creative spirit be forever by your side.

Sincerely,

Keldorn

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
...Is there, by any chance, and possibly by means of the omnibenevolent and omnipresent forces at play, any degree of likelihood that a Baldur's Gate 3 script is the making, however crude and unrefined ? I experience no joy nor righteous glee in being so bold as to ponder such an awkward matter, but to be quite honest, I have endured a rather lugubrious, paltry and destitute existence since the demonstrable peak of my venerable career, and I simply must say, that I am immersed in fortuitous preperation for the delivery of said script, however sophomoric, derivative and minimalistic it may be (in these elementary, formative and experimental stages). I might add, that I would gladly be willing to be put on, (ahem), commission, in order to facilitate the potential project, for I have such endearing and profound faith that the justly reaped rewards for the entire spectrum of humanity would be so spiritually lucrative, as to make it quite worthwhile, indeed.

You will fry his brain with this one, you will probably kill him.

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Keldorn said:
...Is there, by any chance, and possibly by means of the omnibenevolent and omnipresent forces at play, any degree of likelihood that a Baldur's Gate 3 script is the making, however crude and unrefined ?
Well, first off, let me point out that just because you have a thesaurus doesn't mean you have to use it quite so often.

That said, I have no knowledge of said script-- crude and unrefined or otherwise. Mind you, if I did I probably wouldn't be at liberty to tell you, so you are free to disbelieve me. Mostly I've just heard rumours, probably the same ones you have.

Deleted member 7219

Personally I have no interest in a BG3, I think the story was pretty much ended in ToB, especially with the Ascension mod installed.

I'm more interested in DA and future IPs.

Keldorn

Scholar
Dgaider said:
Well, first off, let me point out that just because you have a thesaurus doesn't mean you have to use it quite so often.

That said, I have no knowledge of said script-- crude and unrefined or otherwise. Mind you, if I did I probably wouldn't be at liberty to tell you, so you are free to disbelieve me. Mostly I've just heard rumours, probably the same ones you have.

I do not now, nor have I ever, possessed the aforementioned "thesaurus". I gather via inference, that it is a book of reference ? I have no need for such artificial apparatus, as I only require the wondrous imagination I am genetically endowed with. That being said, if I *did* possess such a book of reference, it would likely be as decomposed, dusty and crusty as a Betty Crocker cookbook, or possibly even a Betty Crocker vagina.

Speaking of the writers strike, have you noticed how expressively vaccuous, dormant and inert actors are without their scrripts ? Have they no intrinsic improvisational ability, or dynamically adaptive and versatile performance skills ? Have they no inventiveness, no imagination, no spontaneous creativity at all ? It is quite sad, indeed, and the entire predicament, quite gloomy.

But I simply must say, that I gather from your tone, that you are none too generous nor even a tad interested in allowing me to recuperate and rejuvenate my infamous career. The pristine, polished, prestigious, prideful, pompous, pintixyatian paladin might indeed retire, albeit prematurely.

Also, I now have it confirmed, beyond suspicion : you always did have an innate preferential leaning towards Minsc. I know, you are not apologetic, and I expected this. He is quite obviously your intellectual inferior, and keeping him obediently and faithfully at your side, mired in his typical gullible and impulsive ways, allows you to feel a sense of domination over the willing, shallow devotee. It is quite possible, indeed probable, that you have developed a hyper-sensitive reactionary tendency to my lush intellectual domain, and subsequently view me as an egotisical manifestation of the boldly divine : the righteous spiritual forces which inhabit all realms........... simultaneously, I might add.

I bid thee good day.

Keldorn

Scholar
Matt7895 said:
Personally I have no interest in a BG3, I think the story was pretty much ended in ToB, especially with the Ascension mod installed.

I'm more interested in DA and future IPs.

I am abruptly disappointed in your expressed lack of empathy. I guess I am the only one who wishes me the opportunity to escape the constant barrage of human scum, at the local government office of unemployment.

May I add, in all sincerety, that realms beyond those assumed in a given game are indeed possible. They utterly and freely transcend the strictly linear limitations of time, and all subjectively perceived constrictive chronological limitations.

Good day.

vrok

Liturgist
May I add, in all sincerity, that RT D&D is pure ass. Making up your own rules, combat systems and IPs is way better for RT. KotOR, for example, sucked because it had too much D&D in it. JE was way better in this regard, hopefully the trend will continue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom