Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NwN2 sucks. It just doesn't have enough sex appeal.

Sylvanus said:
That's what the multiplayer and mod community are for. Afterall, that's where you're going to be playing with Volly within the next month or two.

R00fles!

Data4

Arcane
:lol: Okay, so is there anyone who just doesn't like the game? You know, not really impressed, answers with a shrug when asked for an opinion on it, etc.? I'm finding that most people who like it only like it barely so, and those who hate it, do so with a deep, abiding hatred that rips right to the very core of their existence.

The drama is kinda funny.

-D4

Vidken

Novice
But drama and conflict elevates an otherwise boring conversation. Calvin says so!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Data4 said:
:lol: Okay, so is there anyone who just doesn't like the game? You know, not really impressed, answers with a shrug when asked for an opinion on it, etc.? I'm finding that most people who like it only like it barely so, and those who hate it, do so with a deep, abiding hatred that rips right to the very core of their existence.

-D4

What's funny to me is that a lot of those who hate the game with a passion are the same people who though the original NwN was a masterpiece. Frankly, i don't get it...

VenomByte

Scholar
I'm still optimistic I will quite like NWN2. It arrived in the post this morning; I had enough time to install it but I've yet to fire ti up. Will do when I get home...

I despised the first one though (the OC at least). It felt just like Dungeon Siege with the D&D ruleset slapped on top. Endless encounters and thousands of rain barrels to check for phat lewt.

This time round I might see what the toolset and multiplayer community is like...

Lyric Suite said:
Data4 said:

-D4

What's funny to me is that a lot of those who hate the game with a passion are the same people who though the original NwN was a masterpiece. Frankly, i don't get it...

If your saying that I thought NWN1 OC was a masterpiece, shoot me in the fucking brain than skull fuck me in the hole you made.

EDIT: The best NEW game out there right now is Gothic 3. period.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"What's funny to me is that a lot of those who hate the game with a passion are the same people who though the original NwN was a masterpiece"

Who falls under this category?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The_Nameless_Prick said:
If your saying that I thought NWN1 OC was a masterpiece, shoot me in the fucking brain than skull fuck me in the hole you made.

I'm talking about the people at Bioware's, which is where most of the hatred comes from.

I already assumed the codex would have, at worst, nothing but indifferent contempt for this game (though a few might play it for lack of alternatives). I mean, how many here are surprised of shitty RPGs any more?

Bah

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:

There exist people at the codex who thought NwN was a masterpiece? I know that there are people who didn't hate it, like Volourn, but I'm not sure anyone would go so far as to call it a masterpiece.

Lyric Suite said:
There exist people at the codex who thought NwN was a masterpiece? I know that there are people who didn't hate it, like Volourn, but I'm not sure anyone would go so far as to call it a masterpiece.

Don't you read the fucking threads until the END? he already said he was talking about the Bioware forums

Bah

Arcane
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Lyric Suite said:

Don't you read the fucking threads until the END? he already said he was talking about the Bioware forums

Don't you notice timestamps? I posted like 2 minutes after him, and at the time I was reading the page that message was not there.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Again, I ask, who on the BIO baords though it was a 'masterpiece'? Wjo is this mysterious person? I doubt this person truly exists?

There are plenty of people I'm sure who liked NWN OC just fine (I'm one of them); but I doubt the number of people who genuinely thought it was a 'masterpiece' outnumbers my fingers on one hand?

So who is this soul that Suite is bringing up?

Bah said:
Don't you notice timestamps? I posted like 2 minutes after him, and at the time I was reading the page that message was not there.

It takes you 2 WHOLE minutes to type 2 sentences? OMFG! we have an elite typist/ quick-thinking responder on our hands! what do we do???

Bah

Arcane
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Bah said:

It takes you 2 WHOLE minutes to type 2 sentences? OMFG! we have an elite typist/ quick-thinking responder on our hands! what do we do???

Jesus, what's your problem? It's the morning. I'm just at work. People are stopping into my cubicle and asking questions, etc.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Volourn said:
Again, I ask, who on the BIO baords though it was a 'masterpiece'?

I don't know, NEARLY EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE OF THEM?

Moron.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Now, it's been proven hat you are a liar as well as a moron.

Data4

Arcane
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Lyric Suite said:

Yeah, but I was talking about you. It's like you've gotta put that extra stank on your opinion so you can fit in here and be all edgy. RAWR! NWN2 AM TEH WERST GODDAM GAEM EVAR! ME ALL HARDCORE AN SHIT!!! RAWR!

Hey, at least it's better than Oblivion. Waaaay better.

-D4

Data4 said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Lyric Suite said:

Yeah, but I was talking about you. It's like you've gotta put that extra stank on your opinion so you can fit in here and be all edgy. RAWR! NWN2 AM TEH WERST GODDAM GAEM EVAR! ME ALL HARDCORE AN SHIT!!! RAWR!

-D4

Thats coming from a person who actually wanted an ignore option because "AY DUNT LEAK VOLOHRN HEHS ANOIYING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Data4

Arcane
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Data4 said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Lyric Suite said:

-D4

Thats coming from a person who actually wanted an ignore option because "AY DUNT LEAK VOLOHRN HEHS ANOIYING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't been relegated to Volourn status, and if you think you have, you possess a pretty bloated sense of self worth. As of now, you're not rapid-fire posting insane babblings. You just really hate NWN2 and you want all of the Codex to know just how HARD-FUCKING-CORE that hatred is.

Piss poor attempt at that.

-D4

Data4 said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Data4 said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Lyric Suite said:

-D4

You haven't been relegated to Volourn status, and if you think you have, you possess a pretty bloated sense of self worth. As of now, you're not rapid-fire posting insane babblings. You just really hate NWN2 and you want all of the Codex to know just how HARD-FUCKING-CORE that hatred is.

Piss poor attempt at that.

-D4

Well, since I'm fairly new here, i quess i have to get the "newbie" fire-of-the-youth routine out, kinda like being a teenager. Give me time, then i will give you less "insane babblings" so i wont have to bother the royal, righteous "you" anymore. :wink:

EDIT: I thought this site was all for being over-critical on RPG's because i sure as hell am...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The_Nameless_Prick said:
EDIT: I thought this site was all for being over-critical on RPG's because i sure as hell am...

It's about correct criticism, you don't have to go ape shit about it. The only reason the codex appears over the board sometimes is because modern RPGs are exceptionally shitty to begin with.

Note, i haven't played NwN 2 extensively and for all i know could be the biggest piece of shit ever conceived, i'm just saying...

Data4

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:

It's about correct criticism, you don't have to go ape shit about it. The only reason the codex appears over the board sometimes is because modern RPGs are exceptionally shitty to begin with.

We might as well give it a proper name. How about "The Oblivion Effect"? I know there's worse RPGs out there, but Oblivion has served as a focal point for not only bad RPGs but a fanbase you really wish would spontanously combust.

Crap, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I hate Oblivion fanboys much more than the game. At least I got a good 30 hours distraction before I lost interest in playing. With the fanbase, I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a room with some of them before I'd seriously beat the fuck out of someone.

-D4

sabishii

Arbiter
The_Nameless_Prick said:
So rational thinking/criticism instead of blind faith is over-criticism nowadays...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom