Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News NWN2: Storm of Zehir now on Direct to Drive

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

If you've been waiting for that NWN2 mod project "Storm of Zehir" <a href="http://www.direct2drive.com/3/7185/product/Buy-Neverwinter-Nights-2:-Storm-of-Zehir-Download">news is out that you can grab it now from Direct to Drive</a>. Here's the low-down:
<br>
<blockquote>Atari expands on the Neverwinter Nights 2 franchise with Neverwinter Nights™ 2: Storm of Zehir, by delivering an engrossing DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® experience. Neverwinter Nights™ 2: Storm of Zehir hearkens back to the days of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale franchises by including full party customization, dungeon crawling, and free exploration of a non-linear game world via Overland Map.
<br>
<br>
In the aftermath of the defeat of the King of Shadows, the Sword Coast is in the midst of an uneasy economic recovery. Trade syndicates have sprung up to exploit the post-war confusion for their own ends. The players' party will wade into this uncertain environment; in order to increase their own fortunes, they can either ally with a syndicate to create a trade empire, or cut their own path through Faerûn by preying upon caravans and selling the goods on the black market. As they attempt to extend their influence, players will become aware of a new faction working behind the scenes: the evil, shapeshifting, serpentine Yuan-Ti.</blockquote>
<br>
$29.95 USD for a mod seems a bit much, though some of the features seem cool "World reaction: The world's economy reacts to your adventures and choices. Through trading and quests, you can expand your merchant company into a massive trading empire".
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Bah. You are dumb. It's not a mod. It's an expansion. HUGE difference.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"It's just a mod, same as how the Witcher EE is just a patch."

You are dumb. It's an expansion. It has very little in common with Wither EE (and, not dealing with quality).

Shannow

Waster of Time
Volourn said:

You are dumb. It's an expansion. It has very little in common with Wither EE (and, not dealing with quality).
If DU says it is a mod it is a mod. That is why we can all download it for free.

x4nti

Educated
The expansion/mod dichotomy is fake, it's an attempt from Ataris side to make a distinction between the mods sanctioned and sold by Atari and those mods who are distributed independently.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
x4nti said:
The expansion/mod dichotomy is fake, it's an attempt from Ataris side to make a distinction between the mods sanctioned and sold by Atari and those mods who are distributed independently.

Pure bullshit. An expansion like SoZ includes changes to the base program code, something that's far outside the scope of a mod, that can only work with the original program as provided.

elander_

Arbiter
Volourn said:
Bah. You are dumb. It's not a mod. It's an expansion. HUGE difference.

Volourn is right. Anyone with one brain cell knows that SoZ is an expansion.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"The expansion/mod dichotomy is fake, it's an attempt from Ataris side to make a distinction between the mods sanctioned and sold by Atari and those mods who are distributed independently"

At least try to be funny like DU if you are gonna post bullshit.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Volourn said:

Check your sarcasm detector.

Seboss

Liturgist
The dumbfuckery is strong in this thread.

So, anyone got the game ? Is it available on other platforms ?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Check your sarcasm detector."

u must be retarded and blind to miss the post above yours. *sigh* Why do people try to act smart when they ain't.

Anyways, this game should be fun. Unlike Bethshit. :D

The Feral Kid

Prophet
It's a mod tagged as an expansion. Obsidian's expansions are near amateur mod level and SoZ is no exception.

Micmu

Magister
lol troll alert

Anyway, I'll wait for the boxed version. I hate having separate patches (or with a delay or none at all).

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
DarkUnderlord said:
It's a mod because it's been made by a well-known group of mod-makers.
You know, I came to the Codex today to present you with a new nickname: "Dark Udderlord." Get it? Sadly, I saw this and decided to give it to Volourn instead. Volourn? If you're listening, and I know you are, you creepy little fuck; you are now Dark Udderlord. Lord them udders darkly!

So anyway... I've tried it out and, me being the HUGE Icewind Dale-fan that I am, I like it. Early impressions. I created my four male human monk party and leapt out into the wilderness to kick ass like only a squad of very manly monks are capable of! They're named Shepard, Sutherland, Bauer and Bond. And goddamn, they're the greatest beefcake party I've ever created!

The cohorts aren't as developed as in MotB but that also mean they're not annoying like most companions were in the OC. Well, you gotta look for positives at all times! Pardon the cheese, but the cohorts manages to get the job done. They're extras if you need them.

The overhauled map is pretty great. I had to create an entire new party to test it out fully since my beefcake squad didn't have that many skills suited for doing stuff on the map.

The dualwielding ranger drow with a golden timber wolf on his back, Shizzt
The highly repulsive, backstabbing rogue with a green infestuous apple on his neck, Andyman.
The elderly axeswinging and axecrafting gray dwarf with a young boy's heart in his backpack, Wrinklebeard.
And of course Adrian the warlock.

Searching for treasure and avoiding monsters and even doing the old parley vous with bandits is definitely a step up from clicking on a location to travel to it and getting a popup that says "you've encountered something!"

I haven't played that much, but I definitely think I'm going to enjoy this.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I normally like buying the actual box. Is it coming to stores right?

That being said, Im doubting there is anything in the box but a small manual and a CD, the days of getting maps and stuff in box are over apparently.

Any have the box yet and verify its contents?

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It has box art, so I'm guessing it'll be in stores. Probably the most it'll have is a big manual, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom