Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 Fetch Shard Quest Problem

Top Hat

Scholar
I went to the swamps to get the silver shard from the lizardman-infested temple. I have it in my hot little hand...er, inventory. Yet that elf guy who is supposed to be my father goes "Why did you return empty handed?"

GAAAH!

Troll

Scholar
it's because MotB screws with some of the quests. it happened to me too and if i remember right i applied the last patch and it worked ( there was also a fix.. don't remember if i applied both the latest patch and fix or only the patch)

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
***MOD IDEA***
Elf guy: Why did you return empty handed?

PC: [Grab Collar] I have the shard right here, motherfucker!

STR SKILL CHECK:
Elf Guy: [Success] Oh, I must have missed it.
Your journal has been updated.

IF YOU FAIL THE CHECK:
Elf Guy: [Failure] Don't think you can push your foster-father around like this.

Nedrah

Erudite
Good mod idea.

I have motb installed along with the latest patch, I can confirm no problems so far.

Top Hat

Scholar
Thanks a lot, people. I can't check if it works now, but if other people have had the problem then chances are it's been fixed.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The problem is that iirc the rule is the patch doesn't change anything about the areas which you've already visited, since the whole modules are parts of your savegame. I keep my fingers crossed the patch will help you, of course.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Modifying the area's OnLoad script and tossing it into your override folder works as scripts are always on regardless if you have been to that area before.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
You can also compile a script, and then use the rs command in the console to execute it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom