Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 advice

Zomg

Arbiter
Lestat said:
voice-overs' quality ranges from good to excellent (Khelgar!)

What? That character and voice actor were fucking hideous, the worst in the game. He was like something from an anime, and also brutally unfunny. At least the gnome bard guy went all the way into surrealistic territory instead of just being a car crash of degenerate tropes.

aboyd

Liturgist
Zomg said:
Lestat said:
What? That character and voice actor were fucking hideous, the worst in the game.
I actually liked his voice acting.

JoeDirt said:
I loved Neeshka's character and her voice-acting.
Hated it. Grated on my nerves. The voice actress is pretty cute, though.

aboyd

Liturgist
Starwars said:
Here you go. Like I said, not much there yet. http://www.the-black-hound.com/
Wow, that's a great few sentences. No wonder those are the ones representing the game.

There is (or was) another Black Hound site. Someone on the Obsidian or Bioware forums had put it together. It tracked every little thing that Sawyer had said or done for the project. I lost that bookmark, though. I'm not sure the guy who put it together would have kept his enthusiasm up by this point. How many months has it been since Sawyer has done anything for it? Half a year, maybe?

sabishii

Arbiter
aboyd said:
Starwars said:
Here you go. Like I said, not much there yet. http://www.the-black-hound.com/
Wow, that's a great few sentences. No wonder those are the ones representing the game.

There is (or was) another Black Hound site. Someone on the Obsidian or Bioware forums had put it together. It tracked every little thing that Sawyer had said or done for the project. I lost that bookmark, though. I'm not sure the guy who put it together would have kept his enthusiasm up by this point. How many months has it been since Sawyer has done anything for it? Half a year, maybe?
Here you go: http://theblackhound.googlepages.com/

It hasn't been updated since February. :(

aboyd

Liturgist
Yeah, that really is it, thanks. And I'm bummed that my guess about the inactivity was accurate. Oh well.

JoeDirt

Scholar
aboyd said:
Zomg said:
Lestat said:
What? That character and voice actor were fucking hideous, the worst in the game.

JoeDirt said:

The hottest video-game voice actress I've ever seen is Nicole Fantl, the voice-actress for "Fran" in Final Fantasy 12.
NicoleFantl.jpg

cardtrick

Arbiter
JoeDirt, that girl is not hot. At all. I can imagine someone thinking she is because that's kind of a nice artsy photo, but the actual model is at best marginally above average (or so it seems from that picture . . . haven't seen anything else, and don't care enough to go looking). She has pretty eyes and a nice, classical nose, but weird teeth, an overall plain face, a strangelyhigh forehead, sloped shoulders, an awful haircut, and apparently no breasts.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Volourn said:
"But if VD *AND* Volourn don't like the same fucking game"

Huh? What are you talkn' 'bout Willis?

I like NWN2 just fine. Thank you very much. I like it as much as NWN1 OC wise, jokewad.

Sorry Volourn. I didn't mean to say you hate NWN 2, but that you acknowledge it has some weaknesses and a pretty stupid story (as you said in another thread), and I suppose if both VD and you can agree on that it can't be a good story at all!

Texas Red

Whiner
cardtrick said:
JoeDirt, that girl is not hot. At all. I can imagine someone thinking she is because that's kind of a nice artsy photo, but the actual model is at best marginally above average (or so it seems from that picture . . . haven't seen anything else, and don't care enough to go looking). She has pretty eyes and a nice, classical nose, but weird teeth, an overall plain face, a strangelyhigh forehead, sloped shoulders, an awful haircut, and apparently no breasts.

I agree with aweigh that the actress is beautiful. I challenge you to post a picture of somebody YOU think is hot.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Any number of people. For starters, a quick IMDB search shows that aboyd was right, and Neeshka's voice actress actually is attractive:

10f.jpg

Not drop-dead gorgeous, but cute.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
@Aweigh
You must be using sarcasm. Her eyes are downright ugly, her face seems wrong and manly. she seems to have no tits and an overbite.

God, her eyes are so creepy.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Hmm . . . backed up only by a gay furry (and I seriously mean no offense, Jasede being one of my favorite posters). I maybe should keep quiet from here on out . . .

Zomg

Arbiter
aboyd said:
I actually liked [Khelgar's] voice acting.

The guy was fucking terrible. What the hell is wrong with you people? This is objectively true. It's just another shitbag Scottish dwarf. There's almost no room for creativity in the actor for such an inane character, but by God the voice actor managed to make him even more bland and obvious. He makes me appreciate Minsc.

Other things:

Tony Jay's voice was a real thing. I think it was a little bit much for TTO, though. The whole character seemed pretty silly and overdesigned, and putting the 50-ton voice of TJ on overloaded him.

JoeDirt said:
aboyd said:
Zomg said:
Lestat said:

JoeDirt said:

The hottest video-game voice actress I've ever seen is Nicole Fantl, the voice-actress for "Fran" in Final Fantasy 12.
NicoleFantl.jpg

I decided to convey my thoughts on this development through abstract (read: shitty) art uploaded on the ever so helpful hijacked photobucket. Hope you have PNG transparency on.....

hmmmmmm2.png

fastpunk

Arbiter
JoeDirt said:
aboyd said:
Zomg said:
Lestat said:

JoeDirt said:

NicoleFantl.jpg

Well then you've missed Keeley Hawes (the new Lara Croft), the sexiest voice I've ever heard. Word! :D

kh_pic.jpg

Or are we talking just about RPG voice actors?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
She also has no breasts and looks like a crackwhore. What is wrong with you? So desperate?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
JoeDirt said:
She's gorgeous. Is she the new VOICE for Lara Croft, or the new model?

She has shadows under her eyes! She looks as if she was drugged!

fastpunk

Arbiter
Jasede said:
She also has no breasts and looks like a crackwhore. What is wrong with you? So desperate?

Well to be honest, I always liked brunette chicks with small breasts and white skin. She doesn't look like a crackwhore though... far from it.

@JoeDirt: she's the voice actor.

Texas Red

Whiner
Jasede said:

Ok, lets have a picture of a woman you find beautiful. These last 2 were extremely hot.

Same goes for cardtrick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom