Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN 2 Official Site

Drakron

Arcane
Still links to BioWare forums and BETTER have the BioWare logo when last time I checked BioWare involvement with the game was only hosting the forums.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
And, allowing Obsidian to use NWN patches/updates. The base engine. Monthly (or at least it was earlier in the development process) foe xchange of creative ideas, and the like.

Obsidian is the developer; but BIO's involvement is more than just mere message board babysitting. :roll:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I'm fairly certain NWN2 is going to be a zillion times better than Oblivion.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
That don't take much. DS was/is likely better as it at least has pretty graphics unlike the shitty brown of the ES series.

R00fles!

Jora

Arcane
GS: Obsidian's had a history of working with Bioware before with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II. Are you consulting much with the original Neverwinter Nights team at Bioware, or do you pretty much have a free hand to do what you'd like?

JES: Not really. The programmers have done so much revision to the engine that it wouldn't be all that productive, and the rest of the content is being generated internally.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwin ... ge=1&q=&q=

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Like I said, BIO's part in 'overseeing' things is probably over now since they're in the stretch drive. btw, Those arne't my words; but what Obsidian, Bioware, and Atari all stated when NWN2 was first officially announced in like 80 million different articles, interviews, and brouhahas.

As a side point, one example of BIO's so called non involvement is supposedly the use of various aspects of 1.67 (the newest patch) to Obsidian to disect and add stuff to NWN2 whereever possible (that, obviously, doens't counteract the new stuff).

Jora

Arcane
The impression I got from a few of the comments from Obsidian devs is that Bio's involvement was never that big. I wouldn't be surprised if the early interviews exaggerated their role a little to get some of their fans more enthusiastic about the change of developer. But who knows.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Jora said:
The impression I got from a few of the comments from Obsidian devs is that Bio's involvement was never that big. I wouldn't be surprised if the early interviews exaggerated their role a little to get some of their fans more enthusiastic about the change of developer. But who knows.

I bet you anything most reviewers are going to call this Bioware's latest game.

Why not? According to the press, Quake IV is an ID soft game, even though it was developed by Raven...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Lyric Suite said:
Jora said:

I bet you anything most reviewers are going to call this Bioware's latest game.

Why not? According to the press, Quake IV is an ID soft game, even though it was developed by Raven...

That seems fair, as Quake 4 is just as crappy as Doom 3; (Not to mention it looks like an unpolished Doom 3 mod a couple of teenagers whipped up in their spare time).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
aweigh said:
That seems fair, as Quake 4 is just as crappy as Doom 3; (Not to mention it looks like an unpolished Doom 3 mod a couple of teenagers whipped up in their spare time).

Be that as it may, it just shows the press is only interested in names they can hype...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"bet you anything most reviewers are going to call this Bioware's latest game."

Heh. It's only fair. Afterall, BG series is often credited to BIS. LOL :D

Did you know that BIO only published the BG series?

Jora

Arcane
Volourn said:
Did you know that BIO only published the BG series?
You mean BIS? The Black Islanders themselves like to take credit for more than that, though they're ready admit that Bioware did all the work. I'd say that "exchange of creative ideas" was much bigger in those days than it's now.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
aiee.gif
icon_blowme.gif
icon_dance.gif
tard.gif

herve.gif
icon_drunk.gif
icon_sadblinky.gif
icon_rockon.gif
icon_dribble.gif

aiee.gif
icon_blowme.gif
icon_dance.gif
tard.gif
herve.gif

icon_drunk.gif
icon_sadblinky.gif
icon_rockon.gif
icon_dribble.gif

aiee.gif
icon_blowme.gif
icon_dance.gif
tard.gif

herve.gif
icon_drunk.gif
icon_sadblinky.gif
icon_rockon.gif
icon_dribble.gif

aiee.gif
icon_blowme.gif
icon_dance.gif
tard.gif
herve.gif

icon_drunk.gif
icon_sadblinky.gif
icon_rockon.gif
icon_dribble.gif

aiee.gif
icon_blowme.gif
icon_dance.gif
tard.gif

herve.gif
icon_drunk.gif
icon_sadblinky.gif
icon_rockon.gif
icon_dribble.gif

aiee.gif
icon_blowme.gif
icon_dance.gif
tard.gif
herve.gif

icon_drunk.gif
icon_sadblinky.gif
icon_rockon.gif
icon_dribble.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom