Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN 2 is giving me priapism

This game was fun for me as I played a Chaotic Evil Sorceror in the vein of the Joker (comic version). I suggest you try the same. Play it with a light heart and bathe in it's aetheric charm.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Dark Individual said:
The game is beautiful. Never thought that NWN 2 can look so great.

Or standards can be so low.

200918141314.jpg

zqonuxydmv.jpg

37857042.jpg

I am resisting pulling out images of Myrkul, Kelemvor's City, and some of the Dreamscapes.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Funny one never sees the game that way, even if I thought those screenies (Bloom) were nice. Why don't you post some ingame screen shots, Wyrmi? Preferably some while talking with lord Nasher and the beautiful wall behind him... Or some of the nice clipping that occurs with beards, armour, cloaks, shields, helms and well virtually everything.
I'm playing ToEE at the moment and it looks better than NWN2. Not much, but better. And considering that it doesn't require constant fiddling with the camera and is - what 3? years - older that does put NWN2 in a bad light.

For me the graphics were too cluttered, if they minimalised it there would be no problem but there were too many colours on the screen at once and that scared and confused me.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Why don't you post some ingame screen shots, Wyrmi?

Because then his point would be void?

Not that those edited screenshots look THAT awesome anyway.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
I am resisting pulling out images of Myrkul, Kelemvor's City, and some of the Dreamscapes.

You better don't. Even when Obsidian was trying hard to make MotB look better than the average sterile NWN2 crap City of the Dead still has that illness of mini-buildings which are smaller than your room. It's like in nearly every game on Aurora engine only halflings inhabit cities and the only weather condition there is a fog 20 meters from you.

When Obsidian was becoming Bioware Jr. they could've at least tried to ape earlier Bioware games which do
look good and don't give you the impression that people 50 cms tall are living there.

Shannow

Waster of Time
MetalCraze said:
Bioware games which do
Hotlinking Error

FTR, you possess no subtlety.

But I just had a longer look at Wyrmi's screenies and I have to revise my statement. ToEE looks a lot better. Only the Temple of Myrkul looks halfway good. Otherwise they are very hit and miss. People and ground look ok, but sky, backround and houses (thatched roofs) look meh at best.

Texas Red

Whiner
Those screens dont do the game justice. I can attest that NWN 2 looks MUCH better when you have it on your screen running with everything maxed. Skyshit, you claimed that you have an old computer, so taking your word on anything regarding NWN graphics is pointless.

I confess that I may have bashed NWN 2 graphics in the past but I was very amazed to see it running on high.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You are a liar.

I'm playing it on high and it still looks bad. And I'm not even talking about its artistic merits which are nil, but about its technical ones.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
FeelTheRads said:
I'm playing it on high and it still looks bad.

Same. The NWN games are ugly as hell unfortunately, but then again, TILE-BASED FUCKING LEVELS.

Apathy

Novice
Dark Individual said:
Those screens dont do the game justice. I can attest that NWN 2 looks MUCH better when you have it on your screen running with everything maxed. Skyshit, you claimed that you have an old computer, so taking your word on anything regarding NWN graphics is pointless.

I confess that I may have bashed NWN 2 graphics in the past but I was very amazed to see it running on high.

Just upload a video and tell people to take it or leave it. I also recently upgraded my comp and I agree it is quite pretty. Both the comp and the game are in another city or I would upload myself.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Nope, the screens pretty much show NWN2 on high. They just used angles that they thought would be favourable. Angles that nobody will (can) use in the game. Unfortunately for them that brings the less accomplished graphics in the game to attention (as I said sky, distance, etc).
So unless TWD is blinded by spell effects while playing the game or subconsciously notices the meh graphics in the screenies I can't see how he could claim the game looked "MUCH" better than the screens, without resorting to FTR's explanation.

Hory

Erudite
I like how the interface is trying to avoid that anomaly.

Texas Red

Whiner
SlavermasterT, did you search for an answer? If you get the game running, you'll weeks of quality RPG fun with MotB, ZoS and Mysteries of Westgate.

EDIT: This post is NOT subject to your opinions(skyway). Keep them for yourself because you have expressed them in every possibly thread.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm hoping not to derail this topic for too long, but on the subject of Codex avatars...is mine being used by some other "celebrity" here?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You are in no position to ask yourself...but for those who are curious, I thought of (using) it and have used it on various Internet forums since 2002.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom