Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN 1

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nickless said:
Learning how to use the DM client doesn't take very long, it's just a matter of familiarisation and LARPing. Coming up with a plot, designing a believable area with the toolset, and writing scripts for the module is something else entirely. There are shortcuts with premade stuff on the vault, but it will still require some knowledge and time.

Oh hell, there's no way I'm writing a goddamn module for this. I used the editor enough to know how much of a pain in the ass that would be.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Anyone up for playing through the Aielund Saga or whatever it was called? It seemed a bit too hack-and-slash focused to hold my interest in SP given that there are like ten modules in it, but it seemed to be really well-received both on the Vault and even here

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Four "acts", with the fourth being split into three modules for some reason. Could've sworn there was a spinoff series or something, but I didn't pay too close attention, so I might just be thinking of the last act.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
circ said:
Mangoose said:
Ah okay. I am currently removing NWN from inventory because I don't know where my discs are.
You may as well eat shit, probably faster and the results are the same.
You're missing out if you haven't played NWN player-made modules. There are quite a bit of good ones, some emphasizing roleplaying with skillchecks and C&C, some linear but very interesting storylines, and a lot just really good dungeon crawling. This was before the influx of people making nudity/anime mods for Oblivion.

If you like indie RPGs such as Avernum and the like you should be looking at NWN player made modules. The only valid reason to not try it is if you really abhor the RTWP combat. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing in common with the NWN OC. For example there is a series of modules directly emulating the Lone Wolf books. There's an ASoIaF module series also. And a lot of modules with original storylines and settings such as Aielund, Lord of Blight, and a bunch of others I don't even remember. What I do remember is specifically searching NWVault for module reviews with a high "Roleplaying" score (i.e. skill checks and C&C) and there were a few significant gems.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grunker said:
I dabbled very, very little in it a while back. As I said, exams end for me the 31st of may (okay, I have one the 18th of june but that's a walk in the park), so I might take a look after that.

They're letting you off too damn easy, what are you studying?

Oh, and I'd like to join a game after June 1st, if possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom