Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Nox Archaist - 8-bit RPG for Apple II, Mac, and PC - now with Lord of Storms expansion

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Getting serious Adventure Construction Set vibes:

Wow, I totally see it too. Total coincidence!

Just curious, do you see this kind of similarity as good, bad, or neutral?

It's neutral to me. It's impossible to not be influenced by other art, willingly or unwillingly, and even if you do create something odds are someone once created something like you did.

It only becomes a problem when the coincidence happens far too often in the same work/production.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

With a new expansion out, and some changes happening to our channel we took time to talk to Mark Lemmert about the Lord of Storms expansion to Nox Archaist.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Mark Lemmert gives a deep dive into some of the technical underpinnings of Nox Archaist. Topics include A* search for NPC schedules, data compression, performance optimization, and 5-bit sound on a 1-bit Apple II speaker.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After a few years in my library, I am finally dabbling with this. This feels as old school as it looks, but it does have things like tutorials. Looks great in motion, and plays well. Nostalgia overload, despite this being a new game.
9FF5F7A0F1DC6E565BFE29C2A5B3BAB2BAD2BA11

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was a long time ago that I took this many notes, lol. Reached level 2, and now have a party of four.

Entered a wolves den, feeling all cocky. I was quickly given a reality check.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
it's good, take notes, feel the goodness and soul within it. what's interesting is it comes with a disk image that you can then use in your favorite apple][ emulator and really ride the nostalgia train. you should party like it's 1979!

nox dancing.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom