Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No more Stalkers?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Про официальный твиттер , который все отрицал – его ведет паренек из Южной Африки, его забыли предупредить. Он уже в курсе, твит стер и ищет работу .

Regarding the official twitter, which denied everything; it is led by a guy from South Africa who they forgot to warn in advance. He already understood, deleted the tweet and is looking for a new job.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Chauvinist fuckheads think it is necessary to mention he is both a guy and South African, gaming journalism is fucked up

@MetalCraze
So, why do you say your government is a mafia?

MetalCraze

Arcane
If official twitter is led by a nigger slave from Africa - no wonder GSC is seriously fuck up now

M4BE1R0 said:
So, why do you say your government is a mafia?

Because it consists of nothing but known criminal garbage from Donetsk which today is like Chicago from 1920-1930 except a shithole.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what a cool country :thumbsup:

don't think it's reasonable to assume it is a nigger though

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well, it's a shame. At least they died before plaguing the world with some shitty console stalker.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So I assume this means that Feargus will anounce in the next couple of months the new STALKER 2.2 made by Obsidian?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Obsidian's Chernobyl would've been one hell of an unatmospheric trash

A main character with a thin voice who fucks chicks running around the Zone semi-undressed and takes part in pseudo-intellectual "cinematic" dialogues in between imbecile minigames... Duty would've been led by a hot barely legal mute Tokio Hotel-fan chick and Freedom would've been led by some negro who fights for freedom because of the deep wound due to secret remnants of KGB killing his dog 10 years ago as a part of their secret plan to bring back USSR and destroy USA. Among many other things Obsidian could and would fuck up when somebody gives them a franchise that is better off without Obsidian's trademark retarded "deep" writing.

Ughh.. Better not think about it.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Sucks for those developers, but at least I'm glad that they didn't end up releasing what would have undoubtedly been a pretty dumbed-down and limited STALKER game. GSC have always had shitty management and publisher relations, which led to half-broken games; their talent will be better spent elsewhere.

torpid

Liturgist
:(

At least STALKER is one of the few recent franchises that will never have been consolized, and ended with a good game.

Haba said:
Про официальный твиттер , который все отрицал – его ведет паренек из Южной Африки, его забыли предупредить. Он уже в курсе, твит стер и ищет работу .

Regarding the official twitter, which denied everything; it is led by a guy from South Africa who they forgot to warn in advance. He already understood, deleted the tweet and is looking for a new job.

:lol: Poor guy

"Closed, you guys are kidding! I'm working on it right now."

"you have 1 new message"

":x"

Captain Shrek

Hey Skyway.

How about a game of BloodBowl? First time going to play online. Just tell me how to find you on the mp if you want to play.

baronjohn

Cipher
I hope it ends up in IP limbo with some clueless creditor so nobody can even ruin my memories by making a stalker console shitter.

Kwota

Augur
baronjohn said:
I hope it ends up in IP limbo with some clueless creditor so nobody can even ruin my memories by making a stalker console shitter.

yeah, it worked for every hot IP ever amirite?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Raapys said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33318860&postcount=302
Grigorovich has been thinking about closing the studio for almost a year. Possible reason - he just got bored with this.
I hope that's true because that would be an awesome reason.

"Bored now. Everyone go home, don't come back."

CorpseZeb

Learned
... oh, jeez... and fubar. I'm proud that all my three Stalker games are original and boxy, so it's not my fault. As consolation, please consider this well know link - http://www.dezowave.com/ .

Ps. They still cooking the"first" Stalker, The Lost Alpha mod, and yup, these guys are known of fabulous Pribioi Story.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Jaesun said:
LATEST UPDATE: 1c Ukraine’s Sergey Galenkin has blogged about the closure of GSC. He states: “GSC is closed, a fact confirmed by all. The team is almost completely dissolved, the state has only a few people.” Galenkin blames the cost of developing a PC only shooter for a European audience, and a failed console publishing deal, for the collapse of the developer.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... kin.com%2F

WTF! What the hell were they trying to cram into the game which would blow the budget, so they couldnt even support the sales figure's from the previous games?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bladderwrack said:
Stalker is "hot"?

It is. Fallout sold much much less but the loud cult following PR'ing it as the best game ever is enough. And there's one when it comes to Stalker.

deus101 said:
WTF! What the hell were they trying to cram into the game which would blow the budget, so they couldnt even support the sales figure's from the previous games?

I smell bullshit about PC only/for Europeans/not enough sales. Doesn't bother Bohemia with the same conditions and they sell much less. GSC is also a publisher of its own games so they don't depend on some greedy suits. Unless of course Stalker 2 was again turning into a game with a 7 years dev cycle - don't forget CoP/SoC/CS mostly used assets from the original full Stalker game that they've split into three.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Remember GOG closure? Perhaps GSC is just launching their new site :smug:
And the thing about going to consoles is ridiculous. The next console generation is coming very soon, why bother with this old shitty one?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
What a shame. Call of Pripyat was an excellent game.

It's a good way to go, if an intelligent, engaging, difficult, and complex shooter such as that was their last game.

If there was anybody other than Bethesda to whom the Elder Scrolls license should be given, it was GSC. Call of Pripyat is the finest among open world first-person games.

Interconnected quests that seem disparate from each other, but reveal solutions to each other as you solve them. Hazardous dangerous areas with great rewards hidden. Variety of enemies requiring different approaches. High level of customisation in crafting and upgrading. CoP is a standard setter in its own genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom