Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

851e0b9cfa.jpeg

:lol:

Weight: 4.62m
Height: 224.83kg

Did they played their own game before release?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
"This qazaj is no good", sighed John. "Look". He pointed at the station wall, as Guaskforo squeaked nervously behind him, and pulled what, for all intents and purposes, seemed like a trigger. A tiny light danced on the reenforced steel, making an "X" mark, and then fizzled out.

"See? Doesn't work."

The eyegoggled trader in front of him, started speaking in agitated gibberish.

"Dbod sot roein. Fas fas Bgarr!"

"I got one word out of that", said John. "Arrival".

"Well, I'm sorry", he sighed. "I can't wait for you to figure your shit out anymore, Guask. Hey, where you off to?", he quizzed, following the pudgy alien awkwardly plodding down the corridor. "You have a vraz in here for me that I don't know about?"

"BGARR!"

"What? English, motherf-"

He didn't see the wall behind him shimmer, and the darkness push through. John suddenly lost his footing, being pulled down the corridor by an incredible gravitational force. He grabbed and held on to nearby panel for deal life, watching Guaskforo's ugly face through the transparent sphere which closed around him. Lucky son of a bitch.

John screamed. He screamed twice.

Guaskforo turned away, as quashed organics colored the forcefield crimson red, just for a moment.

He pressed his cortex to the receptivity matrix, and the Bgarr around him shook, as it was catapulted from the station. Guaskforo looked up, watching the station be consumed by Dbod.

These Earthlings. They never learn the language. It's their own damn fault.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
He envisioned using the Superformula throughout the game, especially at the center of the galaxy, where landscapes would become more surreal. With only small shifts in its parameters, the equation was producing impressive variability. In one rendering, it produced rolling hills. Murray refreshed the screen: a star-shaped rock formation appeared. He seemed pleased.

This is, what I was waiting for... but where are these surreal planets? No player has reported any remarkable variations yet.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No commentary gameplay, good game. If anyone liked the 90's privateer or elite he will love this

kris

Arcane
This game is already damn good and with future updates that bring new features it will be god tier

Maybe it will be great, but reading that Jsterling review i feel it was just like i envisioned it by looking at all these gameplay videos. I just dont see what there is for the player to do and the difference between planets seems to be almost entirerly about look. therefore the exploring part will be almost only for the eyes.

Its like how I showed this game to several people, but I didn't recommend anyone to get it. It is more of an achievement then it is a game.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Meh, I got absolutely no inclination to buy this game but it does remind me of the first Elite. Mostly because of the selling points. Big universe to explore, character to build up and the usual do what you want to do, which always comes down to explore, trade and fight. It's pretty much a direct spiritual sequel to the first Elite.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Meh, I got absolutely no inclination to buy this game but it does remind me of the first Elite. Mostly because of the selling points. Big universe to explore, character to build up and the usual do what you want to do, which always comes down to explore, trade and fight. It's pretty much a direct spiritual sequel to the first Elite.

Hardly - at least the original Elite had good combat and didn't make my eyes bleed. This is sub-Elite after more than 30 years of progress.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No commentary gameplay, good game. If anyone liked the 90's privateer or elite he will love this

In the first 5 minutes I noticed:

Clipping through objects.
Nasty texture glitching.
Incredibly narrow FOV, shit is awful.

FOV can be set on PC

clipping and textures should be gone on PC also which comes out tomorrow, those are ps4 gameplays so far

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Hardly - at least the original Elite had good combat and didn't make my eyes bleed. This is sub-Elite after more than 30 years of progress.

and it still is the best you get today.

show me those other space sims that get released today?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom