Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Gerrard

Arcane
This...this is unbelievable. When you finish the game, and you reach the center of the galaxy, right before the game resets and goes to New Game+, you get this dialogue:
U88DWLW.png

Is this the way how the devs admit their lies and their broken game?
M'rray *tips fedora*

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This...this is unbelievable. When you finish the game, and you reach the center of the galaxy, right before the game resets and goes to New Game+, you get this dialogue:
U88DWLW.png

Is this the way how the devs admit their lies and their broken game?
That's some next-level Moly shit right there.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
When it came out I thought it would be almost impossible to mod and what we got is what we got, other than graphical changes. But it seems like there is cool stuff coming all around...

Somehow I am really enjoying this game though, Yes it is repetitive, yes there is shit all to do, but I can't get myself to stop playing.

circ

Arcane
I'm still playing - shorter and longer sessions. Don't get me wrong, it's a crap game, but I'm OCD-ing about maxing ship inventory and maybe exosuit too. I'm up to a 35 slot ship. Lemme tell ya, is it frustrating.

I bought a 22 slot ship at some point and started working my way up from that with crashed ships, the 22 cost me 1.5 mil or so. Easiest way to make money is to mine Emeril btw. Also, you can run around space and hope pirates jump you - they usually have nothing but pricy materials in their cargo. But it's grindy doing pirate -> space station.

Anyway, frustration. Some genius thought it would be fun to have ships only upgrade 1 slot up or down. So if you have a 35 slot ship you can only get 34, 35 or 36 slots. Upgrading takes a while eh. To add to this, not every wreck actually has a ship... I also have a 42 (?) slot exosuit, I thought it maxed at 20 but it's apparently 48 like the ships. Does the bigger inventory make inventory management any better? Not at all. Of course you can skip several slots by buying ships. If you have shitloadamoney. A 35 slot ship would cost me about 15 mil. Fuck that.

I think they thought no one's retarded enough to stick to one or two systems, grinding, and would just follow the thismakesnosense story instead. Maybe the boredom takes longer to sink in if you do the story, whatever that is, and then pick up shit as you go. But on the other hand, why add stupid shit like - get cash bonus if you analyze all the animals on planet X?

Also, I maxed upgrades long ago so every crashed 'satellite' and upgrade station I use just says - LOL U ALRADY HAVE DAT. Some of the laziest-ass design I've seen there. It's like 3-4 upgrades and just 3 or so tiers. Well you can combo the upgrades a certain way, but there's really little point other than going with -cooldown and moar powah. They're really not interesting in the first place. And, you can upgrade your suit to give added protection vs fire/water/toxico etc, really all the same, except that protection runs on batteries. Uh. What a dumb design. Well, seeing as how it gives you an extra 15-20 secs without taking damage, it's really stupid.

Alsooo, I'm up to 250 words learned or so. I get about 50-75% words deciphered per 'conversation'. Considering what kind of words there are to be found, I'm guessing the count is more likely in the thousands and not hundreds like I assumed at first. I'm guessing again that this is supposed to keep the interest going for new game+. You don't need that to lose interest though, as seen in just about every review so far.

What else, hmm. Well I haven't died once. Why market it as a survival game when dying requires you to idle on some toxic planet? If that's even possible either. Also I saw a water planet, well, mostly water. It was completely hospitable but had 0 fauna. Meanwhile, a planet that is too cold and another one with acid rain or something have shitloads of fauna. Acid planet - well calling it acid is giving the devs too much credit. It's just a planet and sometimes it says WARNING TOXIC LOL. Anyway acid planet has these pandas. With wings for arms. It's too bad THEY DON'T DO A FUCKING THING. They just walk around aimlessly. Also why is the maximum number of NPC's per location exactly 1? Well, that I've seen so far. And of course they don't do shit either, except blurb out stupid rng lines with the personality of a blank piece of paper.

Zeriel

Arcane
Also, I maxed upgrades long ago so every crashed 'satellite' and upgrade station I use just says - LOL U ALRADY HAVE DAT. Some of the laziest-ass design I've seen there. It's like 3-4 upgrades and just 3 or so tiers. Well you can combo the upgrades a certain way, but there's really little point other than going with -cooldown and moar powah. They're really not interesting in the first place. And, you can upgrade your suit to give added protection vs fire/water/toxico etc, really all the same, except that protection runs on batteries. Uh. What a dumb design. Well, seeing as how it gives you an extra 15-20 secs without taking damage, it's really stupid.

The thing that makes me laugh is how trivial it would be to provide a tedious but long-lasting upgrade curve. There is a mod for XCOM 2 made by one guy in his spare time that adds hundreds to thousands of new effects to the item system, most of them unique. Meanwhile these guys want $60 but can't be bothered to provide an incentive to play their game past the first hour.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
No Man's Sky, Dreamfall Chapters, Wasteland2, PoE, Ormikrog, Shadowrun...
Next: Star Citizen, Kingdom Come, Nu-Torment, Sui Generis, After Reset...
:positive:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
What actually happened to Sui Generic?

I backed Kingdom Come and expect it will be what was promised, a very authentic medieval horseriding simulator but they went for the consolish, non-reactive way with too much story elements, so it will end up like Mafia, a huge beautiful world with not much to do in it. I did however never expect anything else, as this is Vavra way of doing things, and at least he is very good at it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I must say that since I had zero expectations for this game I am enjoying it quite a bit, feels like the Minecraft in space bastard child. Beign an oldtime player of Frontier I remember the grindy as hell gameplay trying to scrourge up a few credits, the space ballet to land on a space station and the overall lack of a narrative, the goal was just to make money by trading, pirating or bountyhunting to get bigger better ships.
Most of my enjoyment of no mans is the fact that it is kind of grindy and repwtitive in a mindless sort of way but fun, most of the enjoyment I get is out of emergent gameplay stuff like exploring a cave and breaking off a hole to a bigger area full of valuable materials, finding a water planet full of gold which I named "El Dorado" or just exploring for the sake of it... All in all I dont think it is worth $60 (more like $30) but it is just a relaxing game to play. I know it has technical issues and the fanbois are ranting over missing features but I kind of like it for the mindless sort of fun it gives me
Once you get to know it and start looking for pods for extra suit space it become a relaxing experience which wont last ists appeal for long but it is al least worth one playthrough

circ

Arcane
Well, I may have a corrupt save because outta nowhere it started crashing at random on overland map, just walking around. And seeing as how my only incentive was maxing shit - word count close to 300 atm probably, and saving being a slight hassle specially when doing the obnoxious crash site hunting cycle, I'm done with pointless commentary for now, and the gamu. Will take suggestions (recent) in the genre doe. I got a space itch atm it seems.

Reinstalled Freelancer recently. It was crashy, some say because of mods, I gots no mods 'cept unofficial patches.

Maybe X Rebirth, though it seems bad, but pretty I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom