Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Yeah that one. Still wasn't anywhere as bad as that Saika Magoichi cunt. Or maybe I'm just getting better. Funny how I could just ignore their difficulty on Odachi run. From what I remember breaking their Ki was a joke with that groundslam or whatever it's called, when they were blocking. So I would just do one critical hit after another.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Some weapons are certainly better than others for endlessly looping Ki breaks on humans, but Kusarigama are no slouch at it either, you probably simply haven't found 'the move' yet. It's also ridiculously easy to use some multi hitting skill that can't be deflected to build up status on blocking humans, and at that point it doesn't take much to apply confusion after which anything can just straight up be bullied to death.

Yeah I haven't really played around with status effects yet. No doubt I will once I finally get my awesome confusion soul core from the boss. Can't remember the name but it's the two big dudes glued together that does spinning attack. It was insanely good for life leech as well. With extraction talisman and life recovery with amrita I would go from almost dead to full health with that attack.

Spike

Educated
I am so effing angry. I am on that triple boss fight with that gay snake enemy, the fire monk guy, and the end boss. I have limited herbal remedies left. Maybe I should just actually use that moon odachi ability...
Still on this. It is RIDICULOUS.

Edit: I raeged and changed my response and I don't even care, I am going apoplectic.

Spike

Educated
I am so effing angry. I am on that triple boss fight with that gay snake enemy, the fire monk guy, and the end boss. I have limited herbal remedies left. Maybe I should just actually use that moon odachi ability...
Still on this. It is RIDICULOUS.

Edit: I raeged and changed my response and I don't even care, I am going apoplectic.
I have done it. I did it solo with no (useless) ochoko cup retards helping. The AI guys. Nope, all me. Feels good, man. Pretty sure I need to go to confession with how much I cussed though :oops:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Pretty sure I need to go to confession with how much I cussed though :oops:

This is pretty common behavior when it comes to this game, don't feel bad about it.
Congrats on making it, though!

Spike

Educated
Started Tengu DLC...It's super cool with a great setting and cool new enemies except I absolutely hate that crab enemy. Super lame. Cool design but awful to fight, just terrible. And they throw enemies all over, the same old frickin enemies...Boss fight with that monk is cool but the one with the REPEAT from the big muddy blob enemy from the first game is TERRIBLE. These gimmick fights are ball cancer. Just truly awful and not at all why I play these games. Still, great game.

Spike

Educated
Tengu was fantastic except that water boss - can't remember much now, only that this fucker gave me multiple aneurysms.
So he's actually easy. I just was patient and also used the gong (you need to burst counter...). I did him in like 4-5 tries. Currently in East portion of this DLC and loving it. Nioh 1 end-game/DLC/expansion was also the best part of the game.

Suicidal

Arcane
Oh how I wish they made a Nioh 3 using Nioh 2 as a base (keep all the shit from N2 and add more on top of it). I feel like part of the reason their newer games like SoP and WoLong are not as good is because they're not iterative games like Nioh 2.

Lambach

Arcane
Oh how I wish they made a Nioh 3 using Nioh 2 as a base (keep all the shit from N2 and add more on top of it). I feel like part of the reason their newer games like SoP and WoLong are not as good is because they're not iterative games like Nioh 2.

Not all in Nioh 2 is worth keeping. The (random) loot system, for example, is absolute ass-cancer. It adds nothing to the game other than hours of busywork between missions and encourages Korean MMO-tier levels of grind when you want/need a specific equipment piece.

Jinn

Arcane
They really need to ditch their loot system, big-time. It's just absolutely horrendous. There are so few moments in any of their action-RPGs where I've felt genuinely excited about ANYTHING I've picked up. That is not good design. It's trash design. It's the number one problem with Team Ninjas ARPGs, followed shortly thereafter with the mostly lackluster level design.

Lambach

Arcane
There are so few moments in any of their action-RPGs where I've felt genuinely excited about ANYTHING I've picked up.

Specifically in Nioh 2, I'd say that's probably because the system is such that it has you upgrading your gear very often in small increments (not completely true on the first playthrough, but definitely during every one after that), so there's a lack of that awesome feeling of getting an immediate significant power spike when you find the +5 Sword Of Brutal Butt-fucking that's 3 times stronger than what you're currently carrying.

Suicidal

Arcane

Not all in Nioh 2 is worth keeping. The (random) loot system, for example, is absolute ass-cancer. It adds nothing to the game other than hours of busywork between missions and encourages Korean MMO-tier levels of grind when you want/need a specific equipment piece.
I don't think they're ever getting rid of it but they could "upgrade" it to SoP loot system, which I liked more. It made it easier to transfer various bonuses between items and getting different affinity bonuses was actually quite impactful.

Silverfish

Arbiter
I used to dislike the loot system, but I've since come around and just see the loot as another form of currency. 99% of it exists to either give to the Kodamas or to break down at the blacksmith, in effect "selling" the gear for crafting materials.

Lambach

Arcane
99% of it exists to either give to the Kodamas or to break down at the blacksmith, in effect "selling" the gear for crafting materials.

I.e. 99% of it exists to add pointless, tedious busywork. Instead of giving the player 3 million pieces of Common items per mission when he's already rocking a full Exotic or Divine set, why not have enemies just drop the components?

Silverfish

Arbiter
I don't think hitting 'check all' and 'ok' is that much busywork, but whatever. As to why enemies don't just drop materials instead? Already covered it, the Kodama shop. More options is always better than fewer.

Lambach

Arcane
Already covered it, the Kodama shop. More options is always better than fewer.

What's the point of having to offer equipment to get Divine Rice for the shop? What's the point of having more than one different type of currency? Why can't you just use Gold for the shop as well? Instead of trash items, just have enemies drop Gold and give the Blacksmith infinite materials instead with the appropriate prices so you can decide whether you want to spend Gold on consumables or upgrading your gear, just like you have to decide whether you want to sell gear for Gold or Divine Rice. It's functionally the exact same thing (you kill enemies, they drop currency) only with fewer completely pointless steps and without the pain in the ass of having to manage a limited inventory.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
More options is always better than fewer.
No. More decisions is always better than fewer. This isn't a decision, in the same way that choosing how much of your money to spend on food isn't a decision. You buy what you need to not be hungry and not so much that you can't store or eat it before it rots. Likewise, nobody is seriously contemplating whether or not they should get nothing but gold.

Again, in mission "Ruin draws near" I end up dying about 10 times to human boss spear faggot and killing the main yokai boss Shibata Katsuie on first attempt. Hopefully I will figure out how to not suck with Kusarigama vs human bosses eventually. Also got a bit annoyed that I couldn't figure how to pick up this green little shit:
499AEAC7CC789885946C1F19613EA573FE76F063
He looks like he should be reachable from here but he isn't. Oh well, not like I actually need him.

Last edited:

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Weird, there's nothing special to that kodama. You should've been able to reach him just fine from there.

Funny you breezed through Shibata like that. He's pretty infamous for walling people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom