Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nilfgaard appreciation society

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In this thread we discuss why Nilfgaard world domination is the sensible choice.

The Men of Milfgaard were cast as bad guys in previous games. But this time around they come off as level-headed and reasonable compared to the dumbfucks in Velen, Radovid, the Bitchhunters, the partisans... Everyone, really.

- They keep their word. enter a contest with a nilfgaardian and win (eg. the horse race in Novigaard), he'll not only pay the agreed prize with no attempts at double-crossing. He'll congratulate you on a job well done.

- They treat Twitch3rs with respect. You don't see Nilfgaardians spitting at you when you walk past or calling you a damn mutant. The closest you get is "White One", and they make it sound more like a title worthy of respect.

- Nilfgaardians hang people for rape and banditry. Radovid hangs people for peddling herbs.

- The Nilfgaard captain in White Orchard is supposed to be a "bad guy" for whipping the Earldorman. But he only did it after the Earldorman tried to poison his men with rotten food. If that had been a Temerian captain, the Earldorman would've been beheaded. And that was on top of the Nilfgaard captain asking how much the village could reasonably spare, then asking for less in the first cutscene. We all know Temerians would've said "We need all of it for our men, not negotiable".

- As soon as order breaks down, Temerian soldiers turn to banditry and rape. When a Nilfgaardian soldier deserts, he hauls a former enemy to safety from the ghouls.

In closing: Nilfgaard isn't evil. They're firmly lawful neutral. Temeria is chaotic dumbfuckery. Radovid is neutral evil. Novigraad is paranoid jewish. I for one welcome our new Milfgaardian overlords.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hear hear.
Yea verily.
Excelsior.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
In this thread we discuss why Nilfgaard world domination is the sensible choice.

The Men of Milfgaard were cast as bad guys in previous games. But this time around they come off as level-headed and reasonable compared to the dumbfucks in Velen, Radovid, the Bitchhunters, the partisans... Everyone, really.

- They keep their word. enter a contest with a nilfgaardian and win (eg. the horse race in Novigaard), he'll not only pay the agreed prize with no attempts at double-crossing. He'll congratulate you on a job well done.

- They treat Twitch3rs with respect. You don't see Nilfgaardians spitting at you when you walk past or calling you a damn mutant. The closest you get is "White One", and they make it sound more like a title worthy of respect.

- Nilfgaardians hang people for rape and banditry. Radovid hangs people for peddling herbs.

- The Nilfgaard captain in White Orchard is supposed to be a "bad guy" for whipping the Earldorman. But he only did it after the Earldorman tried to poison his men with rotten food. If that had been a Temerian captain, the Earldorman would've been beheaded. And that was on top of the Nilfgaard captain asking how much the village could reasonably spare, then asking for less in the first cutscene. We all know Temerians would've said "We need all of it for our men, not negotiable".

- As soon as order breaks down, Temerian soldiers turn to banditry and rape. When a Nilfgaardian soldier deserts, he hauls a former enemy to safety from the ghouls.

In closing: Nilfgaard isn't evil. They're firmly lawful neutral. Temeria is chaotic dumbfuckery. Radovid is neutral evil. Novigraad is paranoid jewish. I for one welcome our new Milfgaardian overlords.
I didn't say anything when they came for my kings because I was not a king.
I didn't say anything when they came for the sorcerers because I was not a sorcerer.
I didn't say anything when they came for the monsters because I hated monsters.
I didn't say anything when they went for the elves because I was not an elf.
I didn't say anything when they came for Temerians because I was not a Temerian.
When they came for the witchers there was no one left to speak for me.

Permanent war of states, competition and knightly virtues is preferable to being ruled by blackies. Think of what Foltest, Thalen and Broach would say, for shame Ulminati for shame.

SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING, YOU ONLY HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME
Fuck putting a source, let alone an unstable teenager on the throne of Nilfgaard, seriously.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You forget about the North's freedumb to be oppressed and exploited by the local winners of the genealogical lottery. That's got to be worth dying over, right?

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn't say anything when they came for my kings because I was not a king.
I didn't say anything when they came for the sorcerers because magic is for wussies.
I didn't say anything when they came for the monsters because I hated monsters.
I didn't say anything when they went for the elves because fuck elves, they deserve it anyway.
I didn't say anything when they came for Temerians because I was not a Temerian.
When they came for the witchers I was too busy trying to get drunk.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
For the Empire. :incline:

Emhyr's way cooler too than all the knoblicker northern kings that Geralt has met so far.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Emhyr was always the playa amongst playas, He who's game dances on the northen thrones. Casting Charles Dance for his voice actor was fucking spot on - Emhyr actually is as competent (or even more) as Tywin Lannister from Game of Chairs.

Twitcher lore spoilers:
He is Ciris father - that means he started as a lowly cursed asshole with everything taken away from him. And then became emperor of everything worth emperor-ing over. Beat that, wannabies

Milfgaard is stability and civilization. Sure not the one we are used to, but much better than the one currently in the north. Foltest was a dick, Radovid is insane (his father was boss, but that's mostly cause he actually listened to Dijikstra), rest is inconsequential.

EDIT: Must say, only in TW3 I noticed Redania is really heavily based on Potatoland. Not only they have poultry for logo, they also seek an enemy in their midst for ever and ever. Worst thing for redanian is another redanian. And they are forever hunting for jews masons russian EU ex-soviet intelligence agents traitors magic users in all forms.

Perkel

Arcane
yes this is pretty much the point even in books. Milfgard is awesome. Provinces have huge autonomy.
Milfgard treat northern kingdoms as barbarians because they are barbarians to them.

Though most of the problems with norther kingdom comes from competition not because their rules are idiots.
Take for example Radovid in TW3. He seems like a mad king but he is fucking brilliant commander. Backstabbed Keadwen thanks to that consolidated power of the North. Used mages and non humans as scapegoat to to increase his political power.

As for Geralt he doesn't have any affiliation with either nilfgard or kingdoms. Though he would rather choose N kingdoms due to Yennefer and Ciri position

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
P66eibE.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Nilfgaard might be awesome, but the Nilfgaardians you meet in the game are all batshit fucking insane nationalists who hang giant standards with black sun in their homes.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Emhyr was always the playa amongst playas, He who's game dances on the northen thrones. Casting Charles Dance for his voice actor was fucking spot on

No it wasn't. Although Dance is a great actor and Tywin is my favourite character in GoT by far I'm just not feeling him as Emhyr. First Emhyr looks like, what, in the early 50s? Dance is 70 and he sounds like 70. And second I find his few bits in this game lacking somehow. Especially in comparison with the virtuoso performances of some other voice actors and actresses, especially the main gals. It's like he's not used to do voice acting and hasn't mastered it during his short stint in W3.

And as for OT - all true, superficially. But let's not forget there was a civilization once that was vast, level headed, powerful and based on order, centralization and philosophy. And in the grand horse races of history it was completely crushed by a bunch of warring, backward lol-states that never agreed on anything. I'm talking about China and Europe although the comparison also fits for the Ottoman Empire and Europe.

Nilfgaard is eventualy bound to slip into stagnation and decay, the inevitable result of centralization of power. Whereas the constant strife and conflict of the Northern States breeds competition and progress.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

So, turns out someone's an Imperialist fuck and loves to gobble on Blacks' cum.

JK, yeah, the Milfgaardians seem "better", kinda. In the same way FNV's Legion or Skyrim's Empire do. In fact the whole situation bears quite the resemblance to Skyrim's.
And yet, seriously, dem Milfgaardians all look and speak like a bunch of pompous faggots. The only thing I'd put through them is a steel sword.
Except for Rosa (the fencing lessons noble-lass) and her sister: I'd plough would them both, with my secret 3rd witcher's sword..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom