Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Night of The Raven

Jinxed

Liturgist
A question about the addon

Do the water mages count as a guild? Can I join the fire mages and still be able to join the water mages?

That's all I need to know.

Micmu

Magister
Yes you can, Circle of Water is a "secret" guild, you can be everything else you like. It's not optional, you must join it in order to play the expansion.

Deacdo

Liturgist
My copy of Gothic Gold (along with Silent Storm Gold) arived yesterday. I sure hope one of the PCs I can use will run them decently. I think my expectations of Gothic Gold may have been too high. After reading the manual it seems pretty "lite" in terms of character development :(

Dhruin

Liturgist
Character development is definitely a weak point for the Gothic series, apart from the fact that NotR is fairly hard so you'll have to think carefully about what you want to do. Actually, it has several weak points - but some great strengths.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Thanks.

You know, I forgot how big Gothic II actually is, much more so with the addon. I went for the new world at level 13 or 12, probably lower than what I should be, cause this game can be pretty tough at lower levels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom