Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 announced for PC/PS4/XBO

Jinn

Arcane
Finally got around to finishing up the E ending.

Pretty sure reborn-Nier is going to be just fine with fucking the shit out of Kaine despite the dick right next to her vagina (once he's of age, of course) despite the awkward conversation right before that.
But seriously, what a beautiful ending to a beautiful remake. Solidly in my top 15 games of all time. Just a masterpiece despite the egregious and intentional flaws.

Can't wait for Voice of Cards!

Jinn

Arcane
I still need to return to finish this. How long did reaching ending E take you in total?

It really depends. So if you're starting fresh from

when you get a savegame wipe at the end of ending D
I'd say you have a good 3-4 hours from the beginning of the game if you're really speedrunning it. It's arduous, but also very rewarding, particularly when you pick up on a lot of the backwards narrative that's going on. It's a treat either way. Just dedicate a night to it, with maybe some nice whiskey to drink along the way. It's not the "canon" ending, but it gives a great deal of insight into the setting as a whole, and into Automata in particular.

Pretty sure it's implicated that the AI you meet in this portion are Adam and Eve from Automata.
Not to mention an understanding of what's going on in the Forest of Myth.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I'm terrible when people ask me "what is your favorite..." questions, and usually just refuse to answer, so my top favorite games tend to be rather nebulous and ambiguous at times.

So while I probably can't nail down a solid top 15, nor even place them in an order from best to worst, I'll list a few that come off the top my head since you asked.

NieR/NieR Replicant ver. 1.22
NieR Automata
Gothic
Gothic II
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Earthbound
Final Fantasy VI
Pathologic 2
Fallout
Baldur's Gate
Arcanum
Yakuza 0
Dark Souls II: SotFS
Romancing SaGa 2

This is extremely rough and off the cuff, so things will probably slide in and out of here depending my mood and how many years I've spent in this world. Would also like to put a single game from the Trails series in there as a representative of the whole, but it's extremely hard for me to pick a favorite from that series. Probably between Trails 3rd, Trails to Zero, or Cold Steel IV.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Pretty sure reborn-Nier is going to be just fine with fucking the shit out of Kaine despite the dick right next to her vagina (once he's of age, of course) despite the awkward conversation right before that.

I think she just has one set of genitals given that Witches' Sababth from Grimoire Nier describes her as having a big ol' functional dick that she has to jerk every night after she kills shades and nothing about also having a vagina https://nier.fandom.com/wiki/Witches'_Sabbath :M

Jinn

Arcane
I think she just has one set of genitals given that Witches' Sababth from Grimoire Nier describes her as having a big ol' functional dick that she has to jerk every night after she kills shades and nothing about also having a vagina https://nier.fandom.com/wiki/Witches'_Sabbath :M

Can't remember where I read it, but it makes sense that she's a hermaphrodite. Her Gestalt was fully female, but there was a malfunction in the creation of her Replicant that gave her both genitalia. Couple that with her natural breasts and female frame, and it makes even more sense. On top of that, it fits well with the entire theme of her character, especially when Tyrann enters her body.
Either way, it's all left vague enough that I believe it's largely up to an individual's interpretations. My Kaine most definitely has both.

EDIT: Roguey, did a quick bit of research and she's intersex. So either she has ovaries and no vagina, or a vagina in addition to a penis, or some kind of strange mess down there. Really doesn't matter. All we really know is that she's for sure got a dick.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Denuvo removed
https://steamdb.info/depot/1113561/history/?changeid=M:2447286908863323105
BS8YmbL.png

Puukko

Arcane
Damn, that's great news. I am nearly certain this game suffered from reduced performance due to it.

The question is whether Special K will get an update. I'm not going to trade uncapped framerate.

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, if you want to use Special K with Denuvo-free and Steam-free version of the game ;) , simply extract SpecialK64.dll to game's directory, rename it to dxgi.dll (game uses DX11 API) and run the game. You should get this:

25isHLO.png

But don't worry. Simply open dxgi.ini and modify:

[Steam.Log]
Silent=false

to:

[Steam.Log]
Silent=true

And volia:

GLpPSHi.png

AFAIR this also works for Automata. Back in 2019 I was able to run the "newest" FAR (0.7.0.14) with old Fitgirl's repack (the one using cracked .exe, not the GOTY with denuvo-free .exe), despite people claiming it wasn't possible). ;)

Just remember, that Special K hates certain "overlay" software. For example UI won't load if Fraps is running in background.

Sadly, no uncapped framerate for current version of the game (1.0.3 and beyond), 'cuz Kaldaien is a fag too busy to bother.

https://wiki.special-k.info/SpecialK/Custom/Replicant

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Yup, this new frame-limiter is mentioned on wiki.

I can also recommend using Special K for Nier. After disabling the inbuild framelimiter:

1) Goto: \Documents\My Games\NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139\Steam\{SteamID}\drawing_settings.ini
2) Open that file using a text editor such as notepad etc.
3) Overwrite FpsControlDisable=0 with FpsControlDisable=1
I was getting ~45-55 FPS in the first area after the intro. Fiddling with settings was changing squat - it looks like the engine scales very badly with display settings (minimal change in FPS between Low and High).

Then I used Special K and bam - stable 60 FPS most of the time + occasional drops to 57-58.

:incline:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I started this tonight, and man if this game isn't boring. The maudlin little sick girl with a horrible "adult woman doing a little girl" anime voice gets on my nerves, the quests are really dull, and the combat sucks. I assume it gets better?

Nier: Automata wasn't a perfect game, but it at least started with a bang.

Yeah, please tell me when this is supposed to get good. I just took down the first real boss at the Aerie, but everything that isn't main quest blows.

ADL

Prophet
Yeah, please tell me when this is supposed to get good. I just took down the first real boss at the Aerie, but everything that isn't main quest blows.
Just play the main quest then. It's great and well worth the time to get through it. I haven't completed ver1.22 yet but you might want to download a save file to get all the endings once you hit a certain point if it's anything like the original and you're on PC.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Stop being so entitled.

I will admit that I couldn't really bring myself to properly finish Nier. It was decent fun the first time through, what with the party banter and the magic powers, but playing the game three times more to get the true ending is asking too much.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is this one "mostly" classical Fantasy, like the screenshots tell? Makes it much more interesting to me, I dislike post apocalypse setting.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Is this one "mostly" classical Fantasy, like the screenshots tell? Makes it much more interesting to me, I dislike post apocalypse setting.

"Modernish" post apocalypse is the intro and a couple of areas throughout the game.

Silva

Arcane
How does this compare with Automata? I see people saying this is shittier gameplay wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom