Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, yeah, I tried out that game today, and it's pretty awesome. Nice space battles with lots of tactical choices, nice story, beautiful graphics and... a lot of cool mods it seems!

A friend recommended this game to me, and I read much good about it on the Codex, and I like it. And I've seen many mods for it on the intarwebs. So, my question is: Does anyone know what mods are good and which I should try out? Any recommendations?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I remember playing the demo and never being able to get past the first part of the first mission. I was surely missing something, though, I didn't read any manuals or anything.

Arem

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
a lot of cool mods it seems!
Nexus having a lot of cool mods... what? As far as I know there are only a few (and most of them are for multiplayer).

The best one was the singleplayer "New Conflicts" mod - basically a new campaign in the same Nexus universe without mechanoids - http://www.darkspace.de/nexus/

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Imperium Galactica 3, eh? I was under the impression that it fell into the "made by different guys and generally not as good as its predecessors" group - so, is it worth playing after all?

Arem

Scholar
Of course. They call it a tactical fleet simulator and thats pretty much what the game is.
The only thing left from IG3 is the star/galaxy map and a few ships.

Pity that it sold so little and the sequel got scrapped.

Barbader

Novice
Real time with pause? ...at my age i cant chase all those lights at the screen

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom