Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newbie guide and questions on gameplay

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What are the pro's of having a Mine built? (A mobile station to construct a mine)

Can you then mine stones without a serf? Or is it for mining something else?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
It's used to mine Metal, but first you must use any of your serfs to check if a tile has Metal in it by using the Geology action.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Robot Banker said:
So what does exploring the underground do

Your serfs are looking for metal. Find metal -> build mine -> mine metal.

But honestly with those prices right now its not really worth it. Cheaper to just buy metal.

I just found metal at both my towns, WOHOO!

Is there some sort of balance that each town has only one source of metal, or is it random?

Also, if I build a market at both my towns, can I send resources between them without using a hero as a middle man? Is there an efficient way of sending resources between towns?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
herostratus said:
Is there some sort of balance that each town has only one source of metal, or is it random?

I think someone here found two sources in one of their towns, but I'm not 100% sure so wait for confirmation.

herostratus said:
Also, if I build a market at both my towns, can I send resources between them without using a hero as a middle man?

Unfortunately not.

herostratus said:
Is there an efficient way of sending resources between towns?

Level 24 road lets you send caravans between towns, but until that I guess you just can use a wagon.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I managed to find 2 nodes from my main city, however I only made one mine, at the time I did not see much need for both mines to be active, still not seeing the need as of yet, however I will construct a new mine to replace my current one before it runs out, and when I do I will scout that tile again with geology and have 2 operating at the same time before one expires to be sure. Probably a week before I do though, working on getting my industry upgraded, I dropped the Dark aura too soon.

If anybody requires Metal, put up a shop with a buy order for dirt cheap and I will try to keep you guys in metal so you can remain under the Dark aura. Sucks major arse when you leave it, so be sure to upgrade the fuck out of EVERYTHING before you leave, make everything level 13 and then leave the bastard.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Recommendation on wall levels ?

I am liking the game, and I find missing the most a prestigious build-order at least until the point of leaving dark aura.

Now I'm just fishing, built a citadel, going to settle 2nd town, deciding on pikemen, swordsmen or dragoons. It is fun, but having some guidance might prevent serious mistakes (leaving dark aura too early)

Also - is the Arena relevant if you are under dark aura ?

Salute.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Arena is good under dark aura but only if you can take well without fighting. And its hard. You cant attack anyone.

Walls. Well getting up to the level that costs only gold is prudent. TIP: orcs retaliate against walls if your units attack them from towns. Good when you have dark tiles next to the city.

Go archers/swordsmen/knights as they are most effective. Other units are situational.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
In my opinion, Build order should be Factory and Roads to 13 under Dark aura in both Citadels, then work on upgrading your other buildings. If you have at least 1 mine in your capital and keep upgrading your Factory and Roads, you will not need extra metal until around day 18 of the Dark Aura, having 2 mines is a boon, but you may have to transport metal and some resources from your other city.

While leaving the Dark Aura is handy to be able to attack foes, your production time is halved under Dark Aura, and when you leave the Dark Aura you are granted 10 Karma (Enough to upgrade one of your citadels into a Metropolis) so it may be prudent to save as much resources as possible and then abandon the dark aura by refusing the Tribute just before it is due.

Is there any sort of vacation mode in this game? I'll be without internet access for some 4 days.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
As far as I know, you can give the control of your account to another player for X hours, look in Management. Aside from that, I don't know if you can do anything else.

Humanophage

Arcane
I'm pretty sure it implies the other person can stay logged in as you for 9 hours, which is quite a lot. Not that they'll lose the ability to log in 9 hours after your departure.

Humanophage

Arcane
Yeah, Katana, your account seems to be strangely bugged. I've messaged the admins about it, they'll probably reply within a day.

Katana_LOL

Educated
Ive reapplyed to clan, also have messaged ingame admins and forum post, seriously these guys hate me!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yea, sure, we all know its your ploy to destroy our clan from inside. Prepare for retaliatory strike, task force has already been dispatched.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
sup guise,

can a heroe carry different kind of troops ? i have heroes with upgraded leaderships but i seem unable to have say pikemen & archers together.

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
Do the daily payments ever go past 35 gold 16 timber 16 metal ? Because with my 2 metal mines that isn't so bad. I'm thinking of never exiting dark aura if this keeps up.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I think the dark aura fades automaticaly after certain amount of time (3 weeks probably).

Katana_LOL

Educated
See that right there is fucked!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom