Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas Reviews

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

relootz

Scholar
Looking at the sites it seems that there isn't really any reputable sites there.

Then what are reputable sites for game reviews anyway?

catfood

AGAIN
How do these reviews work anyway? I thought the release date for this game was today. Do these review sites recieve a copy of it a few days earlier or what?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
relootz said:
Looking at the sites it seems that there isn't really any reputable sites there.

Erm RPGCodexis probably the most prestigious and reputable magazine ever. Other than that I dont trust reviews.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
catfood said:
How do these reviews work anyway? I thought the release date for this game was today. Do these review sites recieve a copy of it a few days earlier or what?

Yup that's how it works.

I guess it depends on what you mean by reputable. They're not up to Codex standards, that's for sure.

Topher

Cipher
That PC gamer link didn't say much of anything and didn't mention bugs at all... I'm very suspect of that.

Slap a Bethesda logo on a shallow game and the promise of lots and lots of nude mods and it'll sell really well regardless of its content.

In before furry mods are released.

Topher

Cipher
I just don't see how it can get such high scores when it's so buggy, even the gamefaqs boards are on about how buggy it is.

relootz

Scholar
I don't even understand how Obsidian could attain such a buggy status.

New Vegas uses the FO3 engine and its resources and that game wasn't buggy. How do they even do it???

Marsal

Arcane
From g4tv review:

That said, the quality of the writing in New Vegas – which is to say, the degree to which these stories will compel you as you play through them – is only a scant shadow of what players have come to expect from Fallout 3.

Where missions in Fallout 3 might have you protecting a besieged town only to journey underground in search of vampires, New Vegas offers a fairly unaffecting selection of fetch quests, bounties and paint-by-numbers rigmarole. The constant back-and-forth between the various factions can become politically tiring if you're simply looking to aid or thwart real, everyday folks out in the waste.

There are a few choice quests that feel close to the quality of Fallout 3, but these come later in the game, assuming you follow the general progression that the story suggests.

:retarded: or :decline: ?

bonescraper

I've read the PC Gamer review as i thought the name still stands for something, but...

I had a lot of fun, but I never uncovered anything as wonderful as Fallout 3’s Oasis or Little Lamplight.

This quote just fucking killed me. But i guess that's a huge :incline: as i hated both of them with a passion.

EDIT:

Marsal said:
From g4tv review:

That said, the quality of the writing in New Vegas – which is to say, the degree to which these stories will compel you as you play through them – is only a scant shadow of what players have come to expect from Fallout 3.

Where missions in Fallout 3 might have you protecting a besieged town only to journey underground in search of vampires, New Vegas offers a fairly unaffecting selection of fetch quests, bounties and paint-by-numbers rigmarole. The constant back-and-forth between the various factions can become politically tiring if you're simply looking to aid or thwart real, everyday folks out in the waste.

There are a few choice quests that feel close to the quality of Fallout 3, but these come later in the game, assuming you follow the general progression that the story suggests.

Ahahaha, oh wow! Shit writing, dumbed down quests. 7/10 :lol:

ChristofferC

Magister
Marsal said:
From g4tv review:

Lol if the writing is only a scant shadow of Fallout 3 then it must be unbelievably bad. Maybe so bad that it underflows and becomes good again.

Topher

Cipher
bonescraper said:
I've read the PC Gamer review as i thought the name still stands for something, but...

I had a lot of fun, but I never uncovered anything as wonderful as Fallout 3’s Oasis or Little Lamplight.

This quote just fucking killed me. But i guess that's a huge :incline: as i hated both of them with a passion.

EDIT:

Marsal said:
From g4tv review:

Ahahaha, oh wow! Shit writing, dumbed down quests. 7/10 :lol:

I read the new issue of PC Gamer, the first I've read in years, and it's just not any good any more. I don't even like the way they title their reviews, they bold whatever witty title they give it and just leave the reader to look around for the games name in regular old text at the top of the article. I like to know at an instant what game the review is about and don't think I should have to reading anything before knowing the actually game title.

made

Arcane
So it's out then eh?

Looking forward to Codex drowning in nothing but FO3 threads over the next few weeks.

Topher

Cipher
made said:
So it's out then eh?

Looking forward to Codex drowning in nothing but FO3 threads over the next few weeks.

I think it's just out on consoles right now but I'm not sure.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Sounds like the hardcore mode is pussified. Guess that will be one of the first mods to pop up.

Hahahaha, oh wow!

I knew those Bethesda bastards would get some credit... just as the Beth fanboys claims that Beth made CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth they'll claim that New Vegas was made by Beth in a couple of years...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom