Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Syndicate incoming.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
There is the research/funds/equipment factor also.

You have to have that.

Lunac

Arcane
a "next-gen" syndicate as a "GTA-ish"

Actually, this might work if done right. Freeform open-world sandboxy environment could work pretty well for the game. Hell, as long as they don't go the FPS route like what is happening with X-COM franchise there is still some hope it won't suck completely.

Ah, who am I kiddin!? This shit will be an FPS, linear, popamole, corridor, piece-of-shit game! Nothing else will fukin sell in today's consoletard saturated environment. Especially with EA behind the wheel. Unless it has a potential to hit 10-15 million copies in sales, it ain't getting done, and if it's getting done, you know only an FPS could move that much in sales.

In fact, here is an alpha-phase screenshot of game in question, procured by my top-secret-undercover-sources:

shot0009.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Lunac said:
Ah, who am I kiddin!? This shit will be an FPS, linear, popamole, corridor, piece-of-shit game! Nothing else will fukin sell in today's consoletard saturated environment. Especially with EA behind the wheel. Unless it has a potential to hit 10-15 million copies in sales, it ain't getting done, and if it's getting done, you know only an FPS could move that much in sales.

Very, very few games sell anywhere near that number... even EA wouldn't demand that of a new Syndicate game. And since games like GTA and Fallout: New Vegas are among the biggest sellers in the last five years I don't think you're pessimism is really well-founded.

It ain't gonna be an isometric strategy game, no fucking way, but it doesn't have to be a linear FPS either. Actually none of Starbreeze's games so far have been linear in the first place.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Seriously, I would actually love to play a well done Syndicate shooter. What made the original Syndicate great was the setting, the visuals, the cities you could move around in freely, the atmosphere in general. The gameplay itself was rather simplistic.

Popamole is not welcome. Neither is some generic "cool baddass saving the world from the evil Syndicate" plot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom