Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Shadow Warrior from Hard Reset devs - out now

UserNamer

Cipher
AH AH! YOU NO MESS WITH THE LO WANG- Because as a minority, that would be culturally insensitive you monster!

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
The gameplay video doesn't look that bad. I'm ok with it being an oriental Painkiller clone. At least it's not a hide behind cover, cinematic kind of shooter. But i don't like that they decided to tone down the campy the feel of the original game, "ditch the sexism" etc. And why they did transform Lo Wang into a young douchebag? why is he speaking with an american accent? What's the point of doing a remake if you're planning to lose the atmosphere of the original.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Annoying asshole plays the first 30 minutes of the game with a gamepad, like a douche:

If you hate cutscenes you're going to hate this, but other than that it looks decent to me.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Looks not bad, but that idiot with a microphone made it unbearable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Micmu

Magister
Absolute garbage, pretty much the standard franchise rape I was expecting,
"Hey guys we have a katana!! Let's call it Shadow Warrior!!!"

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Extremely small fight areas were what killed most of Hard Reset for me, and I've heard similar things about jarringly sectioned off arenas in Painkiller. It looks like they're doing it again, except this time it looks like the weapons might be kind of fun to use.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Extremely small fight areas were what killed most of Hard Reset for me, and I've heard similar things about jarringly sectioned off arenas in Painkiller. It looks like they're doing it again, except this time it looks like the weapons might be kind of fun to use.

Some people seem to think this is "old school." You go from one large room to another killing 100 enemies in each while strafing your ass off constantly.

Personally I remember Doom, Quake and the rest being more involved, but whatever.

looks like hot garbage, hearing that mongoloid mash on that gamepad while flailing around uncontrollably was the icing on the cake.

painkiller was an awesome game, what the fuck happened to these guys?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I skipped into 5 random places. Two were cutscenes, one had nothing, one had some retardo 'character screen' or whateverthefuck and one had Lo Wang yelling 'what the fuck is going on in here!' like a 20-years-old kwan douchebag.

I hope the people who made this garbage get a sudden unexpected visit from a barechested asian man with a white goatee.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Not sure why everyone is shocked or upset. In a time where we have Anita Sarkeesian, RPS, and other white knighters, do you think that devs are going to make a politically incorrect game? This industry is still immature and things like the original Shadow run won't be tolerated. So in a nut shell the game is going to be like Rise of the triads, a big disappointment.

*edit grammar bad desu desu 4 a.m

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is at least more close to Shadow Warrior than DNF was to Duke.

Except for the political correctness of the latter.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The gameplay video doesn't look that bad. I'm ok with it being an oriental Painkiller clone. At least it's not a hide behind cover, cinematic kind of shooter. But i don't like that they decided to tone down the campy the feel of the original game, "ditch the sexism" etc. And why they did transform Lo Wang into a young douchebag? why is he speaking with an american accent? What's the point of doing a remake if you're planning to lose the atmosphere of the original.

Lost all interest in this POS after I found out they weren't going to the use the same atmosphere.

dunno lah

Arcane
I skipped into 5 random places. Two were cutscenes, one had nothing, one had some retardo 'character screen' or whateverthefuck and one had Lo Wang yelling 'what the fuck is going on in here!' like a 20-years-old kwan douchebag.

I hope the people who made this garbage get a sudden unexpected visit from a barechested asian man with a white goatee.

:lol: Looks like somebody messed with the Wang...

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin

Enter room/area -> Kill everything -> Rinse -> Repeat

Yup, that's definitely a game made by the Painkiller devs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom