Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New RPG: Heart of Eternity

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Heart of Eternity

A Ukrainian development company, creatively called <a href=http://www.udc-game.com>Ukrainian Development Company</a>, is making <a href=http://www.udc-game.com/eng>Heart of Eternity</a> which is <i>action with elements RPG</i> that lets you play as a knight, magician, or barbarian. Anyway, here is a snipet:
<br>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>At your order there are various open and close space, and also a fascinating nonlinear plot. Action proceeds in the fantasy world, there is no divisions into levels, it's one whole world, with weight of opportunities and without restriction of movement. The view is from a 3d person, and also there is an opportunity to play one of three types of the hero</blockquote>
<br>
Something tells me that they used BabelFish to come up with this stuff. It's just <i>that</i> crazy!
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Voss

Erudite
Definitly more that than diablo. The screenshots are fairly impressive.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
There are a lot of excellent games coming out of non-English speaking Countries, but I have to plead with all of them - Hire a decent bloody translator...!

The UDC website makes my eyes bleed! And it isn't the only one out there with terrible English.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep, this is the most horrible translation I've ever seen. I'm surprsed that people who spent a lot of time making this game would do a stupid thing like that and ruin the first impression. Now all I'm thinking is "there is no way I'd able to endure this dialogue in the game"

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It is one good looking title. Check the site out before you type anything in the future, Spazmo. Diablo clone, eh?

screen04.jpg

Sol Invictus

Erudite

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well, you're right on that Whip, but for the most part - ugly games tend to be crappy ones, too. NWN never had any pretty screenshots. A game this good looking shows a lot of effort.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
This is more impressive than any upcoming American game, including Half Life 2

HL2? :shock: The screens seem to be somewehere in between Quake 2 and 3, in my opinion. Textures seem rather bland, as well. Models seem to be the only thing thats up to snuff.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I was talking of graphical quality, Ex, not other capabilities like large outdoors. The graphics aren't bad, but either my PC has the "dumb down pics on the internet" option checked, or i have a hard time identifying those graphics as being more impressive than HL2.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
No it didn't. They were large, but still very enclosed spaces - like the maps in MOHAA and Call of Duty. Compare the size of them with a UT004, Gothic 2 or HL2 map. Big difference.

As for the quality of the models and textures, you're right, they're not up to par with Half Life 2 (which uses Pixelshader 2.0, and it appears that this game does not) but it's still much better looking than Morrowind which, as I recall, had no waterfalls.

Stark

Liturgist
sorry for dragging out such a old topic, but i just downloaded the vid clip of this game from RPGDot.

the graphics are by no means great. It's pretty poor actually, going by today's standard, but for some reason i like this game alot.

Had a look at the fight scene. the action is not frantic and chaotic. it seems slow enough for player like me to react and not result in button smashing. One of the thing i like in Gothic series is the combat. it's not frantic enough, allowing just sufficient time for you to react.

oh, and i like the costume the protagonist is wearing. sure is a departure from usual D&D style.

I dunno. I think these European designers got a style all their own that's refreshing from the stuff we get from the big American and Canadian developers.

Whipporowill

Erudite
It looked pretty much ok, but they didn't show much more than architecture - one measly 10 second battle in 5 minutes. I got the gothic vibe from the engine though, hard not to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom