Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Obsidian Kickstarter (Update: Not really, dammit Duraframe) (Banned Duraframe - DU)

Wasteland 2
You people actually think it'll sell 1 - 1.5M ? Witcher 2, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Fallout: NV - none of them sold 1M full price on PC and you think Eternity will ?

At lets say 30$ price point its 20$ per unit profit, but there will have to be some marketing budget too, so it needs ~250k full price sales to secure another 4M for a sequel.
It can eventually reach 1M units sold and make another 4M within 2 years after many heavy discount sales.

With the first 4M and recycling of assets and systems they can make BG1 -> BG2 / F1 -> F2 kind of sequel and the second 4M from discount sales wouuld be a bonus profit to make it more worthwile than publishers projects.
This is imo the best case scenario, it can also sell less and not be sustainable too, hard to predict, but I'll be surprised if it'll do better than this speculation.

kris

Arcane
Over eight pages of Obsidian fanwank in a single day, incredible.

This is my superiority face:

You have no right to that, since you posted in this thread. Therefore you participated, regardless of what your contribution.

hexer

Warning: Crazy idea incoming!

What if they're kickstarting Van Buren in Eternity's engine? It could be, you never know!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You people sure are obsessed with post-apocalyptic, cowboys and vampires.

hexer

Isn't that F3?

Post apocalypse, cowboys and vampires - the ingredients for the perfect Codex game are all there, but the inept chef somehow managed to spoil it. Finally, everybody left the table still being hungry.

Drax

Arcane
If I was El Presidente of the universe I'd have a Solaris RPG made by my minions. In the spirit of PS:T
I don't know how marketable it'd be, but fuck it.

(And no, I'm not talking about the shitty movie remake, I'm talking about Stanislaw Lem's book)

You people sure are obsessed with post-apocalyptic, cowboys and vampires.
What makes you say vampires?

I would also like a western steampunk setting, could be light fantasy, no big deal, as long as it isn't pure western. I don't know about sci-fi, I can't think of any sci-fi games that I like, but I

And this is probably gonna sound like blasphemy, but I'd prefer a AAA van buren(or any other obsidian Fallout) over a kickstarter RTwP infinity engine van buren. I think that the AAA budget is the kind Fallout deserves, I also prefer turn based isometric and real time first person, they're both better at what they do than the alternative.(Besides, we've got Wasteland 2 coming.) Whether or not that sounds reasonable depends on how much you like New Vegas I suppose, I loved it, and unlike F3 all of it's problems CAN be solved by throwing money at it.

Stabwound

Arcane
Whatever it is, it's probably going to use the PoE engine. I for one welcome a bunch of games in the engine like how the Infinity Engine worked. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom