Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Mass Effect 3 screens.

racofer

Thread Incliner
25074895b57ee853d15ae65eafc46a66.jpg

c6f7d9c92fc7dd02e605162259183092.jpg

7509e0449a79334291e329ed349d888d.jpg

07b93fd30dd13d4b3f099766a25a34af.png

Weapon customization: Check
M96 Mattock: Check

:yeah:

circ

Arcane
Shit: Check.

You could customize weapons in ME 2 too. Gone are the days of ME 1, not that that was groundbreaking or anything, but atleast you got a shitload of weapons that all looked the same. Hey it's something.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
UI is ugly crap (too many rounded edges etc.), and I'm not sure exactly how this relates to "more depth." If all BioWare are doing is adding damage bonuses based on how much of a badass/good guy you are, that's not character growth and development, that's just rewarding clicking either the red or blue button. More stats on weapons is nice, as are weapon mods, but I doubt there's going to be much in the way of equipment progression and the like. Good character systems are all about getting the player to make sacrifices and choices with both benefits and downsides (i.e. do I go for lots of critical hits or reliable damage but few critical hits? long-term damage vs. short-term output?), and I'm not seeing any evidence of that here. I think this pretty much cements that BioWare have very little understanding of RPG systems anymore, if the promised "RPG elements" are "this bar goes up the more you play the game."

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THE MOST SUPRISINGTHING WILL BE WCHICH ONE OF YOU FAGGOTS DOESNT PLAY THIS PEACE OF SHIT

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The UI isn't what I would call "ugly", but I can safely assure that many retards will have problems with navigating through more than 2 buttons in one menu.

BTW, why are rounded edges suddenly "bad", sea? :retarded:
Any reason for that besides being "edgy"?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
a few more mass effects and we'll finally get back to this:

Bitcher

Educated
And just why do you think that is? I'm gonna give you a hint: hear those fapping sounds in the distance? :smug:

It's not official, btw, just some fanwank.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Surf Solar said:
The UI isn't what I would call "ugly", but I can safely assure that many retards will have problems with navigating through more than 2 buttons in one menu.

Actually I guess I was speaking more of the fonts... they're trying to pick something that looks futuristic, but it just comes across as looking cheap. For some reason the colours used, shaders, etc. just look low-rent, not futuristic but more like Just Cause 2 or something. I guess maybe outright ugly isn't the right word, but aesthetically I think it's a step back from Mass Effect 2. I don't demand edgy and grimdark, but they're going for science fiction and this looks more like generic licensed videogame to me. Fuck, Cars 2 on Xbox 360/PS3 has a better futuristic-looking interface than this.

sea said:
Surf Solar said:

Actually I guess I was speaking more of the fonts... they're trying to pick something that looks futuristic, but it just comes across as looking cheap. For some reason the colours used, shaders, etc. just look low-rent, not futuristic but more like Just Cause 2 or something. I guess maybe outright ugly isn't the right word, but aesthetically I think it's a step back from Mass Effect 2. I don't demand edgy and grimdark, but they're going for science fiction and this looks more like generic licensed videogame to me. Fuck, Cars 2 on Xbox 360/PS3 has a better futuristic-looking interface than this.

i might sound buthurt but you are just complaining for sake of complainig. rounded ui bad? fuck me da2 has horrible looking ui.

and i prefer fully customized weapons even with "streamlined inventory" than fuckload of the same crap like in me1. me vandguard had like 120 different guns in his backpack. wtf?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
sea said:
Surf Solar said:

I know that BioWare should receive bashing 24/7, but not like that and so unreasonable. First, it's an early version and the UI is prone to change appearance during the cycle. Second, you still didn't answer me what's so bad about rounded edges these days (seriously, is nothing sacred anymore?). SoI really think that you're criticizing just for the sake of it...

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
kingcomrade said:
Is that Tali? Because she looks remakably human for something that is not human.

Racofer photoshopped Emma Watson's face onto Tali. A pretty good photoshop at that I must admit.

Lunac

Arcane
The following should be in the subtitle of every whiny ME thread:

BLOBERT said:
BROS THE MOST SUPRISINGTHING WILL BE WCHICH ONE OF YOU FAGGOTS DOESNT PLAY THIS PEACE OF SHIT

Also....

sea said:
Fuck, Cars 2 on Xbox 360/PS3 has a better futuristic-looking interface than this.

sea said:
not futuristic but more like Just Cause 2 or something

Consolefag detected!

racofer

Thread Incliner
Phage said:
kingcomrade said:
Is that Tali? Because she looks remakably human for something that is not human.

Racofer photoshopped Emma Watson's face onto Tali. A pretty good photoshop at that I must admit.

Much obliged, kind sir. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom