Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New mainline Pokemon RPG coming

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Can Pikachu and Eevee evolve?
Your starter Eevee or Pikachu will not be able to evolve, but any Pokémon that you catch will. Keep in mind that since the game features first-generation Pokémon, the only available Eeveelutions will be Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon.

583966108e9ee3e70423cdeeab1d5cf4.jpg

What is the point of having Eevee as a starter if you can't even evolve it. That's literally the whole point of Eevee.

Nathir

Liturgist
The last two gens were trash anyway. I expect nothing good from the next one. Probably more autistic animu cinematics and more retarded pokemon designs, while somehow making the game even easier and more linear than Sun and Moon were.
You're referring to x/y and sun/moon right? I'm genuinely starting to lose track of this trainwreck. I just remember that 3-5 were the best ones and then it ran itself into the ground like a bell curve.

Yes. Although I haven't played X/Y, but from what I've heard it's even worse than Sun and Moon are. And those two suck. For some reason they thought Pokemon need to become more cinematic and there are a ton of cutscenes included. Said cutscenes involve terrible anime villains, or little 7 year old kids. The story sucks and is completely boring. The game is incredibly linear and on rails. I'm not saying Pokemon were open world or stuff like that, but meeting a random douche who tells you ''oh me and my Pokemon are doing something on this road, please turn away and wait till we are done'' everytime you turn to a road you are not supposed to go to, gets old pretty fast. The game was also incredibly easy. I mean, most trainers have 1-2 pokemons in their arsenal. Iirc not even the elite four had 6 slots filled, but 5. The new Pokemon designs are for the most part forgettable and Alolan versions are a gimmick. The game also doesn't innovate on anything. Pokemon yellow is legit a better game than this, save for the graphics.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Black / White was the last time Pokemon was actually decent. Only people clinging on to Pokemon at this point are the people who are addicted to the online PvP but the steep grind required to get to that will keep most people with a brain out. Everyone who wanted good monster raising games switched to Digimon ages ago. Next Order blows any recent Pokemon out of the water.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom