Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New ITS game - Cyclopean

I just saw that when I checked their forum and was just about to post a thread. It seems interesting, the cthulu mythos is an interesting choice, though I always prefer someone trying out some original story ideas, but it is at least a mixture of the different parts of the mythos, rather than just redoing certain stories in game form.

Lumpy

Arcane
That story about the mathematician guy said:
History is bound to ask: Why should such a visionary, a man ridiculed and scorned by his so-called peers, share his genius with a benighted world? Why, if he is so sure of his future success, does he commit his discoveries to meager words at all?
Cleve?

Suicidal

Arcane
Just yesterday I though about how it would be awesome if someone made an RPG based on the Cthulhu mythos...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
A Lovecraft RPG? Kick. Ass. Tripping. Balls.

Now, if they only remember to use the constant blur effect instead of fading like in Dark Corners of the Earth... Also, this is one of those RPGs where FP perspective is better... But NO weapons at all, please!

Lumpy

Arcane
I'd totally go for third person static comic book frames for graphics. It would work much better than standard 3D for a game like this.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lumpy said:
I'd totally go for third person static comic book frames for graphics. It would work much better than standard 3D for a game like this.
Yea. Experimental art style is a must for a game depicting unspeakable horrors. Also, this needs to have vomit-level disgust in visual material. It needs to be the most hardcore horror game evar.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
This sure is awkward since NN's next project is also H.P.L. related... I guess that making a Lovecraft game is a dream of all the RPG geeks out there.

I sure hope Iron Tower studios sees many more summers. Hopefully mainstream developers will take a hint from Vince's design.

Lumpy

Arcane
Elwro said:
The guy writes so well I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer playing this game as IF.
IMO IF would work much better for combat as well, considering it's stat based but uses firearms and such. If you want realism you can't use a HP system, and a single shot is likely to kill a person, so combat becomes so complex that it's very hard to properly implement in in TB. Text adventure would work very nicely on the other hand.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Suicidal said:
Just yesterday I though about how it would be awesome if someone made an RPG based on the Cthulhu mythos...
speaking of which, i vaguely remember some rpg adventure hybrid with nonexistent graphics set in the lovecraft universe, where you explored an island with some freaky inhabitants and a fish cult. you could break into people's houses and whatnot.. dammit.. wish i could remember the name...

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Unradscorpion said:
This sure is awkward since NN's next project is also H.P.L. related... I guess that making a Lovecraft game is a dream of all the RPG geeks out there.

Probably a dumb question, but NN?

Inziladun

Magister
Kinda surprised that they announced another project already. Would of expected they released AoD and waited to see how that went before starting up another project. Anyway, sounds interesting, gonna wait to see if AoD is as awesome as it sounds before I get excited for this though.

Xi

Arcane
AoD seems like the last final hope for cRPG depth, while this new game seems like the last final hope of having a developer who is passionate about gaming beyond the paycheck that comes each month. Awesome!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Inziladun said:
Kinda surprised that they announced another project already. Would of expected they released AoD and waited to see how that went before starting up another project.
It's an unrelated venture. Even if we fail, Scott will continue and hopefully prevail.

Lumpy

Arcane
I can see this game selling a lot more than AoD.

Are you planning to have more than one designer working on this game? It would kinda suck to have to wait another 6 years for this game as well.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Lumpy said:
I can see this game selling a lot more than AoD.

Are you planning to have more than one designer working on this game? It would kinda suck to have to wait another 6 years for this game as well.
Yes.

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Sounds alright. I hope there isn't too much combat.

SuicideBunny said:
speaking of which, i vaguely remember some rpg adventure hybrid with nonexistent graphics set in the lovecraft universe, where you explored an island with some freaky inhabitants and a fish cult. you could break into people's houses and whatnot.. dammit.. wish i could remember the name...

Sounds like The Hound of Shadow, although the game's plot isn't set in Innsmouth and whatnot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom