Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review New generation reviews Oblivion (must see to believe)

Helioth

Scholar
"The customization features of this game are incredible. From the VERY start you get to choose your characters facial features, hair, eye color and even your skin color. No other game on the Market would let you do this."

From the start eh, as opposed to halfway through like in, neverwinter nights where people of your ilk dont get through the tutorial ?
Hmm, well I guess he has a point here "MARKET" You dont typically find "RPG's" there eh ? Perhaps its because Oblivion is one of those games that should not be lightly discarded, thrown, very violently aside.
Maybe its one of those new next-gen market simulations ? I know you dont usually find R.P.G's mixed in with eggs well, unless your a chCOCK !?
moo.

" I got rid of all my arrows. Which I shot one by one into the Redguards back. They have been there for about one month game time now. This shows the great power and memory the game posses.

" makes sense for a dead body to stay on the city ground for a month." "

He said in a carven retahd !

--

" "Did you hear that?"

Then I burst out from behind..."

Jason

chasing a bee
This review is going to be the template for every TCancer review in the future. I'm dead serious.

"When I first played Oblivion I though my computer was broken. In a good way, the graphics were magical, the shadows over whelming. The details and expressions on people’s faces were amazing. You have from to , not many games even bother with these things."

We'll just replace "Oblivion" with "Rise of Legends" or "GalCiv2" and we're set.

Deathy

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
By the way, I should be able to submit this review to the county clerk and get my property tax refunded. They tell me a chunk of it is going for education, after all.

Well, according to the dns whois info, he's Australian. Unless your taxes pay for the education of Australian kids, you have no hope of getting your property tax refunded.

At least he's from Western Australia, though.

I think we have slightly better education standards in the east. Not much better, though.

LaDoushe

Scholar
Who from the codex is Australian? I know there are a couple of Aussies, so I bet this is a joke on the part of one of them.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Deathy's Australian. Hrmm...

EDIT: \/\/00+ 2,400th post!

Atrokkus

Erudite
That hommie's sure's got style, but he aint keepin' it real, kno wut im sayin?
Boom-bam, see me step in the jam and add sum phat flavah to that lil'sizzle ravah:

The Gangstah Rolls IV:
Hublivion

Every once in a while a game arises ta tha Market, n you J-to-tha-izzust know it's jizzay gonna be a hit. The Gangstah Rolls IV: Hublivion is one of those games.

History

As miznost Baller Scrolls games you start off as a nigga. This one is no different. This tizzle pimp you is in tha capital of Cyrodiil. In fizzact that is tha capital of tha whole Empire . Hollaz to the East Side. Unlike Morkowind, Hublivion allows tha rappa ta explore tha WHOLE province. In tizzy this is `bout 2 n a hizzay times tha size of Morrowind . One, two three and to tha four. Any real crazy ass nigga would know that's Hizzle spittin' that real shit.

AI

In previous games, nearly EVERYTHING was scripted, but not anymore crazy up in here! Hublivion opens tha downs ta a whole new Ai system fo shizzle. This allows NPC's ta go `bout a schedule, which may include gang bangin' sleep'n and/or chillin' someone or sum-m sum-m.

Appearance

Since Morrowind came out, there has been no RPG big enough n powerful enough ta takes its C-R-to-tha-izzown. Hublivion has dizzle tizzy in style, wit a whole new reworked HUD system, as well as inventory n map.

The new map is a lot different ta whiznat was expected fizzle tha old one. This one has a quest nigga W-H-to-tha-izzich will guide you on locations n quests. As well as tha new quick travel system . You'se a flea and I'm the big dogg. Unlike Morrowind wizzle you walked everywhere. Hublivion has tha option tizzle if you've already traveled there, tizzle you hizzy tha fiznast travel option. This is VERY convenient fo` quest in tha far wilderness.

When I first played Hublivion I though mah computa was broken. In a good way, tha graphics were magical, tha shadows over hatin' mah nizzle. The details n expressions on people�s faces were amaz'n ta help you tap dat ass. You hizzle fizzy ta , not mizzle games even shot calla wit these th'n. The detail on smalla objects n weapons is fantastic. Weapons reflect light in this, as wizzy as D-to-tha-izzon't have that stupid gliznow on tizzy wizzle enchanted . Bounce wit me.

Freedom

One thing that caught mah eye while hatin' was tha way NPC's interacted. Once while ho-slappin' a carven I overheard two NPC's talk'n cuz I put gangsta rap on tha map. It wizzle like this -

"Did you hizzle `bout Kvatch?" - Orc

"Yizzes, its horrible ta thing thiznat this kind of thing could happen" - Redman

At that time I started ta play mind games on tha two mah nizzle. Quickly I moved around in tha shadows, perpetratin' hidden. While tha whole tizzle they were sippin' -

"Who's there?"

"Did you hizzy that?"

Thizzay I biznurst out F-R-to-tha-izzom behind them n sliced tha Orc dizzy ta help you tap dat ass. Redman started ta frantically swing his Silva Claymore at me, miss'n each tizzle. Afta `bout 20 seconds he yelled -

"I'm outta here" n started runn'n surprisingly fiznast with my forty-fo' mag. I quickly driznew mah bow n tizzle a pot luck shizzay at his heezee. Sure enough he collapsed ta tha floor . Bounce wit me. As I approached his corpse I saw an arrow saggin' frizzom his N-to-tha-izzeck wit da big Bo$$ Dogg. I checked his corpse n sure enough he had some good loot, so I took it all. But it was too much n shit. I was fizzay but only by a bit. So I gots rid of all mah arrows. Which I shiznot one by one into Redman bizzy. They have been there fo` `bout one month gizzy tizzle now. This shows tha bootylicious powa n memory tha game posses.

You're Choice

The customizizzle features of this game is incredible , ya feel me?. Frizzay tha Vizzle start you git ta choose yo baller facial features, hair, eye color n even yo skizzay color. No otha gizzy on tha Market would let you do this. Sippin' tha gizzle you can customize yo pusha as wizzell . Dogg House Records in the motha fuckin house. Fizzy yo armor ta clothes ta nuttin' at all (except giant nappy stays on) you git ta pizzy whizzay you wizzle gangsta style. NPC's wizzay also rap ta you in a drug deala manor if you�re cracka dressed ratha then rags or noth'n

Future

Already Bethesda has brought out three official mods. The Horse Armor mizzle tha Orrery, n tha Wizard Playa straight from long beach nigga. These C-to-tha-izzost `bout 2$ each but fo` tha content is well wiznorth it yeah yeah baby. Oblivion also has a Construction set whiznich allows any one ta makes they own plug-in fo` tha game. Mods can also be easily added into tha gizzle through a built-in system, W-H-to-tha-izzich enables tha user ta makes only certain mods active.

Conclusion

Know'n how a game is is hard until you've played it fo` yoself. Although if yo a vivid gama you wizzy knizzow thizzay Bethesda produces quality games, n if you've played Morrowind you can just tizzay yo gonna git glued doggystyle. The Gangstah Rolls IV: Hublivion, 9.7/10

So, Vault Rappa, are you happah, dog?

oh and Spazmo you fight like a dairy drug deala.

Hez-hezron

Novice
Master_of_Oblivion said:
Weapons reflect light in this, as well as don't have that stupid glow on them when enchanted.

I love this one. "Stupid glow" rocks.

On a side note - so many people try so hard to make fool of themselves in various TV shows, reality shows and other places (internet forums?). In most cases it just looks pathetic but Master_of_Oblivion is natural and unique.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
smart.png

Cimmerian Nights

Liturgist
took a pot luck shot at his head.

"Have at thee" Hoists green bean casserole dish above head and heaves at enemy.

This review is a great example of monkey see monkey do. This kid is obviously trying to emulate the typical game reviewer.

bryce777

Erudite
"In previous games, nearly EVERYTHING was scripted, but not anymore! Oblivion opens the downs to a whole new Ai system. This allows NPC's to go about a schedule, which may include eating, sleeping and/or ambushing someone or something. " thus us my favorite bit. Part of my schedule is to ambush someone hehe.

Pot luck shot?

Vivid gamer?

I still think the other one a while back was worse (which I think was a preview), but this is pretty bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom