Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New game from ex-LucasArts ppls: Vampyre Story

Starwars

Arcane
http://www.vampyrestory-game.com

https://af.gog.com/game/a_vampyre_story?as=1649904300

This is an upcoming adventure game made partly by a bunch of people from the old Lucasarts games. Looks like it could be quite funny. You can watch a trailer on the website (though the narrator sucks, hopefully that's only for the trailer).

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassidy

Arcane
Its art style reminds me mainly of Corpse Bride and of Addams Family Cartoon... I was expecting the typical goth vampires in an emo background rather than a cartoonish, potentially humorous take. Guess it's natural pessimism. Good to know it won't follow the trend when the word "vampire" is there.

denizsi

Arcane
I guess they still have a special affinity with the ""Lucas Arts Adventures" colours (the purple and lilac tones). If I didn't know the team was ex-LA devs, I'd still make a connection.

It does look nice, I've been hungry for some light-humored and cartoonish adventures in veins of old adventure games (the most recent one being Grim Fandango I guess, though it could be considered as a mix of light and dark humour).

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yes, its seems that Tim Burton has influenced the art style for this game to an extent.

I've been following the progress of Vampyre Story for almost two years now... It's one of those adventure games that has all the potential to be not just good but great. In addition, the very fact it is being made by former LucasArts employees makes my heart beat faster in anticipation...

Morgoth said:
Another adventure game you should look out is Insecticide. Supposedly, a few LA devs also have their hands on it.

Based on what I have found out, rather than being an adventure game per se, it's a platformer/adventure hybrid...

Jane Jensen's 'Gray Matter' is undoubtfully worth keeping an eye on, as well...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Source: http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=24801

vamp04.jpg

Focus Home Interactive has released 6 new screenshots of its highly awaited forthcoming adventure game A Vampyre Story developed by Autumn Moon, Bill Tiller's new studio. The new screenshots show young opera singer, Mona De Lafitte and her bat companion Froderick, in superb environments from the game. The unique graphical design is similar to the much loved works of Tim Burton and Edward Gorey.

vamp05.jpg

vamp02.jpg

This graphic adventure game, with traditional point-and-click gameplay, tells the tale of a beautiful gifted opera singer Mona De Lafitte, whose life is brought to an abrupt end by a vampire baron named Shrowdy Von Kiefer. Henceforth, she is doomed to a miserable existence as a creature of the night in Von Kiefer's gloomy castle in Draxsylvania. Confronted with her seemingly hopeless fate, she decides to run away and try to fulfil her dream of singing at the Paris Opera. Accompanied by her mischievous bat Froderick, Mona must face a number of challenges in her odyssey and learn not only to accept her vampire nature, but also to use the abilities she has acquired to her advantage.

vamp03.jpg

vamp01.jpg

A Vampyre Story was penned by Bill Tiller, the founder of Autumn Moon Entertainment. A former employee of Lucas Arts, Tiller won himself a place in the hearts of adventure fans through his work on titles such as Steven Spielberg's The Dig, the legendary The Curse of Monkey Island, and Indiana Jones. A Vampyre Story combines modern 3D animation with the qualities of classic 2D adventure design and a unique graphical style.

vamp06.jpg

Section8

Cipher
I've always wanted to play a game where you're an emo with a furry sidekick. Looks nice, but when it comes to classic adventure games, writing is everything. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

psycojester

Arbiter
Section8 said:
I've always wanted to play a game where you're an emo with a furry sidekick. Looks nice, but when it comes to classic adventure games, writing is everything. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

Its a vampire, they only come in Monochrome, quit bitching. Oh and another vote for cautiously optimistic.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't like the bat's floaty eyes and eyebrows.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
LOL that was a great trailer, now I'm hooked! "adventure games aren't dead, they're un-dead ! " that was some good stuff.

Schauman

Scholar
Visually the game looks like a slice of fried gold, just hope the content can follow the lead and avoid the cesspit of poor execution.

boynextdoor

Educated
Looks very promising visually, really oldschool even in 3d. And judging from the tagline, "adventure games aren't dead, they're un-dead!" I see a possibility that the writing will be also good.

I think 3d graphics have finally matured.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
I've been keeping tabs on this game, so I know what your talking about.

The game looks fantastic, plus this is the closest I might ever get to an old timey Lucasarts adventure game. :cry:

boynextdoor

Educated
denizsi said:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21451&highlight=lucas

This discussion has became a double headed dick now, we have to chop one of them off I think.

Starwars

Arcane
The demo for the game is out now, and the game itself will be out soon. http://www.vampyrestory-game.com/

I tried the demo and while I didn't find it hilariously funny, I think I'll be getting this. The overall visual style is really charming and I kinda like the main character once I got over her having such a... er, high voice I guess.

Pretty fun stuff!

Longshanks

Augur
Was a bit disappointed by the demo. Humour fell flat, Mona's VA was grating and overall writing nothing special. Only a demo, but it has dampened my anticipation for the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom