Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New design?

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
screenshotmf5.png

This is rpgcodex new design or what?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
SlavemasterT said:
I hope this is just some kind of awful bug that's going to be stamped out soon.

'Cause it sux.
Nah. It's a cleaner design, with more space for news.
It's been a long time comin'.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
SlavemasterT said:
I hope this is just some kind of awful bug that's going to be stamped out soon.

'Cause it sux.

QFT!

Is that a new way to scare away ESF refugees? It may work but will scare away old residents, too.

Worst site design change 2008/2009: ... and the winner is RPGCodex.net! :cry:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Does anyone have screens of previous site designs?

It would be interesting to see.

Nalanod

Novice
This new "site design" makes me want to learn the rules of poker.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I hate the new design, it looks totaly fucked up.

Thanks to all the morons who kept bitching about the old codex design although it was perfectly fine.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Thanks drunkpriest.

Alright let's compare:

1.jpg

Well, that green color is ass-ugly, but the layout is alright. And that Annie Carlson picture is pretty fucking stupid.

2.jpg

The background color is better, but now the hyperlinks are barely distinguishable from the regular text. I'd say it's worse than the original.

3.jpg

Absolute worst fucking layout ever. What were they trying to do, create a phallic symbol?

And what's with this "Select Scheme?" What happened to that? Did it not work out or something?

4.jpg

Best layout yet. Ease of reading isn't as good as the first design, though. Hyperlinks blend in with the background a little bit.

5.jpg

Well, I can see how this one would have been a bit of a shock, but it's the best. Sure it's bright, but that also makes it easier to read. Nothing beats those red hyperlinks. And the bigger text is better. That other stuff was too small. The only problem with it is, as others have pointed out, the fact that you have to scroll down to get to the content.

6.jpg

Back to the color scheme of the fourth design. Now the text is too big. Are we trying to attract the console crowd? Layout is alright but topics need to be on top. And yeah, that pop-up needs to go.

I think I can be objective about this. If I were to rank them, it would go:

Fifth>Fourth>First>Sixth>Second>Third

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Dicksmoker said:
Now the text is too big. Are we trying to attract the console crowd?
Apparently because that "big text" and font are now exactly identical to what's in the forums. The large white headings match the topic headings shown when viewing a thread and the body text is the same as this text I'm typing right here. I just dropped it down a pixel to match (I was originally setting it at "10pt" but the forums are "12px" so I've just changed that).

Severian Silk

The nwe site design is sufficient. However, what are your favorite sites in terms of being good-looking? A lot of Flash game sites tend to be pretty, such as GameZebo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom