Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New D3 class revealed

Raapys

Arcane
DraQ said:
Diablo I + Better graphics + Some unique sceneries + D2(with LoD) classes + D2 abilities, but learned from items (like books in DI) + ability to choose your sex apart of the class + D2 item system = Heavan.

I dot thee.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
WizardSmoke_001.jpg

J1M

Arcane
Witchdoctor is black. I guess the OP doesn't see color(ed people).

I want to see a class that is basically the Amazon or Rogue with traps from the assassin.

Azarkon

Arcane
Kingston said:
Does anyone think they are trying to fill in the minority quota? They still need a black man at least. Political correctness, ahoy!

Don't you get it? They're casting a female wizard as Asian in order to emasculate the Asian race. Clearly, all this choice of "racialization" accomplishes is further the stereotype of Asians as feminine geeks. By contrast, the hyper-masculine image of the "great white barbarian" continues to uphold the natural superiority of the "Nordish" race, which is presented as rugged, down-to-earth, red-blooded "men of action," likely with giant penises. Would it surprise anyone if these two caricatures engaged in sexual relations during the game? It would complete the circle of emasculation, as the "noble white savage," born to be free, rescues the "helpless Asian female" from the oppressiveness of her native culture, thereby justifying the one-sided white-on-Asian miscegenation that seeks to marginalize the Asian male forever.

I could go on about the voodoo degeneracy of the "black witch doctor," who stands hunchbacked like some giant, inhuman ape, clad in fetishes and superstitious mumbo-jumbo... But do I really have to?

(Seriously though, I liked the black paladin from D2).

racofer

Thread Incliner
To the question that nobody wants to ask let alone answer:

Will female inferiority be reflected into character stats?

J1M

Arcane
racofer said:
To the question that nobody wants to ask let alone answer:

Will female inferiority be reflected into character stats?
Sorry, only in dialog options.

HardCode

Erudite
The witch doctor looks like Dhalsim from Street Fighter II. Nice to see new, creative ideas.

Dire Roach

Prophet
I predict one the last two classes will be some kind of stealthy/roguey/assassiny "Shadowdancer" or "Warbard" that is either primarily melee or ranged non-spellcaster with auras. The other might be some sort of armored spellcaster like a dark cleric or blackguard. One of them will be latino, the other must be middle-eastern.

HardCode said:
The witch doctor looks like Dhalsim from Street Fighter II. Nice to see new, creative ideas.

This post looks like some I saw on the Internet. Nice to see new, creative posters.

SPOILER: ANDERSON DIES, WALTER GETS YOUNG AND DIES, ALUCARD GETS QUANTUM PHYSICS'D, CRAZY NAZI IS A ROBOT

DraQ said:
D2(with LoD) classes + D2 abilities, but learned from items (like books in DI)

Shit, and I thought that didn't make sense. it does.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
SPOILER: ANDERSON GOT CHRISTIANIZED, WALTER GETS YOUNG AND DIES, ALUCARD GETS QUANTUM PHYSICS'D, CRAZY NAZI IS A ROBOT
I already knew it, bitch.

made

Arcane
Looks like a Guild Wars character.

Durwyn said:
The environment looks fucking beautiful... 2d art quality

Couldn't agree more. I'm similiarly impressed by the art in the new King's Bounty, which also has that attention to detail typical for Blizzard games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom