Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Business: The Alpha Protocol Trailer

Lesifoere

Liturgist
It looks incredibly Hollywoodian. And more movie than game. Not far to judge from such a brief trailer, perhaps, but even then...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
there's nothing worth throwing disci around for in that "trailer".

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Hmmm, that's actually old.

Not too old, but at least a couple of months old. I wonder why it is just now getting to IGN.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
you wouldn't happen to know of anything 'new' accessible by the public that we haven't seen yet?

Anthony Davis said:
Hmmm, that's actually old.

Not too old, but at least a couple of months old. I wonder why it is just now getting to IGN.
To make a fool of me in front of Obsidian developers.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I have no idea when anything new is getting released. I have seen the guys in the video processing room recording and examining game footage, but that could just be for anything. It could be for Sega Execs or for private press of just for us Obsidianites.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Yeah, this is old. I've seen that trailer a dozen times already, seems like it keeps bumping around from site to site.

It (still) looks very Jason Bourne. And boring as hell.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Baseball is gay. It has a gayosity that is beyond gayness.
American football is gay. It is gayer than baseball.
Americans are idiots.

Accept.

Zomg

Arbiter
Why are Bioware and Obsidian making their advertising-versions of the PC such grubby looking guys? This one looks like he should be working in the back of a grocery store stacking milk jugs. Not even military-level composed - although I guess CIA guys usually aren't much either. At least the Mass Effect guy looked like he might have gotten a BA somewhere.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Anthony Davis said:
I have no idea when anything new is getting released. I have seen the guys in the video processing room recording and examining game footage, but that could just be for anything. It could be for Sega Execs or for private press of just for us Obsidianites.
hm, thanks. let's hope your fellow obsidianites release some info with substance soon, because so far the game isn't looking all that interesting.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
He obviously took the small frame perk.

He's not supposed to be some military Brock Samson-type secret agent. Way I see it, he's just supposed to be Jason Bourne with a hint of Jack Bauer and James Bond. And somewhere in the game you have the dialogue option of masquerading as Jack Black. I just know you do. I fucking know this game already!!

Data4

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Americans are idiots.

Accept.

Really? How so?

Deleted member 7219

American football could be seen as a sissy sport because they wear body armour.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Data4 said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Americans are idiots.

Accept.

Really? How so?
Alright, you got me. Americans are pretty cool, actually. Eh eats hot dogs and doesn't afraid of anything.

SuicideBunny said:
so far the game isn't looking all that interesting.
The game looks like the most boring thing I've ever seen judging from that trailer.

And then there's this: what kind of game is it? The trailer leads me to believe it's gonna be a Jason Bourne-movie where I get to dodge exploding coaches and bang hot women. The interviews tells me it's gonna be a Deus Ex-style game, possibly mixed up with a little hint of Splinter Cell and a James Bond-minigame where I get to bang women. It's not the most schizophrenic marketing plan I've ever been subjected to, but it's pretty close. I mean, Jesus crotchgrabbing Christ, make up your fucking minds! Mom tells me I can only buy ONE spy rpg this decade so I gotta make sure I pick the right one!

It's fucking insane!!

It's like you don't want to sell this game!

Anthony Davis said:
Sneak out some gameplay footage. You can send it to me on the DL, I'm probably the only person sincerely interested in the game here. I can write about it for this prestigious magazine.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Andyman Messiah said:
The game looks like the most boring thing I've ever seen judging from that trailer.
if you judge the game by that insubstantial trailer, you are a fucking tool. also, i was being polite and civil, asshat.[insertmeaninglesssmileygivingthepostahumeroustonehere]

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
SuicideBunny said:
Andyman Messiah said:
if you judge the game by that insubstantial trailer, you are a fucking tool. also, i was being polite and civil, asshat.[insertmeaninglesssmileygivingthepostahumeroustonehere]
My ass is perfectly fine as it is. It doesn't need a hat. Also you missed my point and bunnies are stupid, hahaha!!

Grifman

Liturgist
Lesifoere said:
It looks incredibly Hollywoodian. And more movie than game. Not far to judge from such a brief trailer, perhaps, but even then...

Uh, isn't that what most game trailers look like? Most don't show actual gameplay.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I saw an ad for building an impenetrable fortress and defending it from robots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom