Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Awesome Monumental Bloodbowl League Association

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I do not want to lose to that team. The sheer humiliation. Is that a tactical choice, Kami? ;)

Marsal

Arcane
Of course I was joking! If I was serious, I would have DEMANDED best of 7 semifinals and finals! No, seriously, you should have some kind of epic final series.

I'd like to see some predictions and/or betting pool going. How about every coach predicts final rankings (leaving himself out)? Let's get some trash talking going, bitches! OSK had some pretty good (in a butthurt, non masculine way) comments after the loses in the previous league :)

Mantiis you should put the scores and the current standings in the first post and update it, so I we can laugh at the losers see the standings at a glance :smug:

Mantiis

Cipher
No, seriously, you should have some kind of epic final series.
If we get more than 6 players this may be possible but as Grunker said it would be nice to actually finish a league for a change. :wink:

I'd like to see some predictions and/or betting pool going. How about every coach predicts final rankings (leaving himself out)?
This one is easy: Perfect Fool wins.

Mantiis you should put the scores and the current standings in the first post and update it
If OSK didn't fuck around with html tables and break rpgcodex then this would be easy to do, as it stands ill try and format it so that it is easy to look at.

OSK is forgiven however because he is funny when talking about his failure with the dice.

Marsal

Arcane
Just make a screenshot of the standings in-game? What odds do I get on OSK sweeping you all? :cool:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'll make my team today. Is the league all set up so we can join now or? And could you invite me to the steam-group?

Also, Mantiis, could you write everybody's steam account name in the first post? I'm having trouble accessing RPGCodex today, and if such a problem returns, it would be nice having everybody as friends on steam.

Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Alright, all this talk is getting me interested.

So come on, sell me this game.

[Barter] It's real simple. There's american football. There's turnbased combat. There's injuries, fouling, and death! What's not to like? In all honesty, this is a game for everyone, albeit speaks mostly to people who like turn-based RPG and stomping on wood elves for good fun. Join us!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Team created! Be ready to be blocked by the likes of Roquefort Ronni, watch me pass with Gorgonzola George and score touchdowns with Mozzarella Mickey!

BloodBowl_003.jpg

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Small update. I finally got through to someone from tech support, and I have to send them a scan of my disk with its activation code. I'll send them a pic of my manual with my player key, too...just so they don't ask for that later. But first, I have to get to a scanner to scan these things. I haven't used my PC for anything productive since school, so I've never invested in a printer. The earliest I can do this is Wednesday. Figure a long turn-around for tech support, as is usual, and with any luck, I'll be able to join you guys before the month is over.

I'm trying as quickly as I can to do this, but don't let me hold you up. If you get enough members to go on without me, help yourself, and I'll catch the next codex Blood Bowl league. Until I hear the word, though, I'll keep periodically updating you fellows.

Marsal

Arcane
Maybe I misunderstood, but couldn't you just take a (digital) photo and mail that?

Mantiis

Cipher
All the people that are new can you post your steam user ID so I can update the first post?

And MessiahMan, seriously, don't put your disks in the scanner, just take a photo.

Alright, all this talk is getting me interested.

So come on, sell me this game.

Bloodbowl has been going for years and has quite a large following. I will admit I have only just gotten into it but I have really enjoyed the strategy aspect of the game. There just isn't enough good turn based strategy being released (which also statisfies my graphic whoreness) and this game for the moment fills that void.

Considering the different races there is a flavour for all types players. The only suggestion I can give to you though if you do decide to play the game is: don't get attached to your players. Because they will die. Do you see your star player who never gets hurt and scores all your touchdowns? Yer he will die too.

There are a few let's plays in the forums which really got me into it - have a read of those or read the rants in the last BB thread.

Well, I love football and I love turn based strategy...

*sigh* Fuck

Fine, buying it now. I hope you all will respond to my fundraiser when I need to get money together for rent.

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Marsal said:
Maybe I misunderstood, but couldn't you just take a (digital) photo and mail that?

I could indeed...if I weren't a dinosaur who still uses film to take pictures. Since you're all so eager, though, I'll make a special trip tomorrow (operatively being Tuesday at the time of this posting) to use the scanner.

Also, if you'd like to add me to the steam group, my username is, creatively enough, The_MessiahMan.

edit: I've been convinced that using a scanner is bad for disks. All I need on top of bad DRM is a damaged disk. Thank you for the information. The person with the scanner also has a digital camera. I'll use hat to take a pretty photograph of my serial numbers, instead.

Final edit: it's the Tuesday I spoke of last night. I've submitted everything, let's see how long it takes tech support to reply. My money's on next week...any takers?

Mantiis

Cipher
If it makes you feel any better MessiahMan, my computer just died. Ordered a new motherboard and CPU. Let's hope my parts arrive before your reply from tech support :)

And also Flying Spaghetti Monster has decided he likes it without lube so not only has he bought the game but he has also decided to join in the league. I must say I am impressed. Please all - be gentle. I am sure the dice gods (nuffle?) will pay me back for that

Grunker is your friend gonna join? We currently have 7 and would be nice to have 8 so that we didn't have byes.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Mantiis said:
If it makes you feel any better MessiahMan, my computer just died. Ordered a new motherboard and CPU. Let's hope my parts arrive before your reply from tech support :)

And also Flying Spaghetti Monster has decided he likes it without lube so not only has he bought the game but he has also decided to join in the league. I must say I am impressed. Please all - be gentle. I am sure the dice gods (nuffle?) will pay me back for that

Grunker is your friend gonna join? We currently have 7 and would be nice to have 8 so that we didn't have byes.

The bastard isn't answering, very unlike him. I doubt it though. He seems busy. I'm seeing him on saturday for our monthly The Witcher pen&paper, though, so I'll make sure to ask him there.

By the way, I just toyed with the competition-maker. I couldn't find options for 3 minute turns or enabling of star players in private leagues. Am I missing something?

Well I won my first game against the AI... I'm going to get killed in this thing. Oh well, it's not like I'll get worse.

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Well I won my first game against the AI... I'm going to get killed in this thing. Oh well, it's not like I'll get worse.

Heh! That makes you and I on the exact same level. I FINALLY won. On easy. With the best team of orcs against the weakest team of goblins. Last Monday.

It pleases me to know that I'll be on an even keel with at least one person in this thing.

Mantiis said:

What a lovely start to the league. So much for the third time being the charm, eh?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I might actually have overestimated you guys a little. Maybe I won't be as thourougly crushed as I thought :D

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
WHOO! I got my relpy from tech support! What a resounding prompt reply! What service! What...baah!

Tech Support said:
Hello,

Your request has been forwarded to Cyanide.

Best Regards,

Technical Support
Focus Home Interactive

Well, at least the ball IS rolling. Now I have to wait for Cyanide to reply. Fun, fun.

I'm having a fuckton of fun with this. Going to play a bit online... if anyone is around and wants to feel my noodly appendages in your ass, bring it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm having a fuckton of fun with this. Going to play a bit online... if anyone is around and wants to feel my noodly appendages in your ass, bring it.

What's your player ID? :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I found you. But you're already playing, you dolt!

Mantiis

Cipher
So who won?

Fixed my puta! So just waiting on MessiahMan and then we'll start!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Mantiis said:
So who won?

Fixed my puta! So just waiting on MessiahMan and then we'll start!

You fixed your whore? :?

Anyway, we played Humans vs. Elves. First game I was lucky as fuck. I mean really, really lucky. Still that match ended 2-2. Second game the luck was pretty evenly spread, and I won that 3-0.

Blood Bowl is an odd game indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom