Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New AP vid - safehouses and abilities

MetalCraze

Arcane
Move a topic about a game where stats were replaced by shitty console unlockable special abilities for special people to General Gaming plz

xuerebx

Erudite
This was interesting. I was begining to lose interest in AP, but I love customization so this was some good stuff. I don't find dual-wielding guns odd, I mean a high ranking secret agent should be able to pull off some tricks (though I don't know much about guns so if an Uzi is really heavy then I don't know).

But the Fury ability was silly, considering the game tries to emulate real life (sort of).

Radisshu

Prophet
xuerebx said:
But the Fury ability was silly, considering the game tries to emulate real life (sort of).
It tries to emulate action films.

bat_boro

Arcane
I actually liked what I saw, although in the beginning they say "spy RPG" and after that show some shit blowing up.
I was positively impressed by that thing about the three player classes and the different kinds of armor - I hope there really is a spy class that could sneak his way around most enemies, instead of blow shit up every 5 metres.

And the locations looked really, really cool - I especially liked the scenery in the Rome safehouse. But then again, "why can't all terrorist be as fun to kill as you". wtf?
and that guy's voice continues to annoy the shit out of me, but Matt Damon was a bit too much to hope for in the voice department anyway

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Radisshu said:
xuerebx said:
You mean like...X-Men?

Anyway, a few things I liked, like the email bit, but stuff like that Fury thing makes it hard to take this game seriously. I burst out laughing when I saw that.

bhlaab

Erudite
didnt watch video, waiting for 10 other people who also didnt watch it to tell me why it proves this game will be awful

Starwars

Arcane
Move a topic about a game where stats were replaced by shitty console unlockable special abilities for special people to General Gaming plz

And why is this in "General RPG Discussions"?

Why are your posts in General RPG Discussion? They should be in retardo land.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Starwars said:

And why is this in "General RPG Discussions"?

Why are your posts in General RPG Discussion? They should be in retardo land.

:iceburn:

EDIT: "The villain is shown in underwear and climbs on top of the central character and mounts him"

lolwut

Starwars

Arcane
Hell yeah bitches.

The "oh god I'm powering up!" animation looks really fucking stupid though.

denizsi

Arcane
1:30. Yet more extreme footage that won't make it into the final game ala ME?

LOL @ 3:00. WTF, is Torton a vampire or something? As retarded as it gets.

I also love how punches and kickes leave these 'spectacular' hit effects on air, like there's lots of dust going nova.

Anyway, customization does look cool.

ap_customization.jpg

ap_customization2.jpg

As well as disguises, though I doubt changing appearance will matter the slightest for such a heavily ME influenced game:

ap_disguise.jpg

ap_osamabinladen.jpg

LA ILLAHA ILLALLAH! ALLAHU AKBER! I'm sold!

Even the way skills are laid out is straight from ME:

ap_skills.jpg

Looks like the guy from the mummy, playing the mummy, with some facial mutations:

ap_themummy.jpg

This is the key to understanding CRPGs:

ap_titisis.jpg

Not relevant, but let this be a reminder of the key to understanding BioWare:

SWOR_shit.jpg

(this was in the same folder)
And here's a crappy shot of the sweet waist of a sweet chick from the Kreator + Paradise Lost + Arch Enemy + Amon Amarth gig a few days ago. Relevant because she has Megadeth tattooed (and it was in the same folder as well).
i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/aeulan/DSC01562.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
"Seconds to ready shotgun critical" :roll:
Very RPG-y.

Stop calling it skills. If anything it reminds more of an unlockables of God Of War and the kin. Much like it was in Mass Effect as you unlock kewl new spells/tricks, especially when everything is basically +10 to damage.

xuerebx

Erudite
Radisshu said:
xuerebx said:

Yeah you're right actually. Which is why Fury is out of place.

Pseudofool

Scholar
It might share too many things with ME, but I'm glad the inventory/item system is totally revised. I'm also glad that in any FedEx quests, I can at least go back to my safehouse and get paid rather than humping back to the quest giver.

The fury moves reminded me of the combat in V:TM for some reason. So I was alright with it.

Personally, I'm looking forward to playing a stealthy kungfooey guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom